I am Too Complicated

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, I don't mean that my avatar's complexity is too high.

I happened to look at my Forum Reputation page,  and discovered...

reactions.jpg.63a565cc39f9f99b52ec3c732817a0ff.jpg

...that I have confused 44 people and made another 29 people sad.

According to that image you made 29 people confused, and 44 people sad, so you confused yourself. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

so what does the points mean ,,,,   it is confusing when i have been seeing won the day what does that mean  still trying to figure out how to do the profile page

That's why I am really sorry that they removed the information page that used to be here.  It answered questions like yours.  Maybe if we are lucky, the moderators will bring it back (HINT?)

There's a secret formula for gauging how each one of us is using the forums. I suspect that it's really most useful for the Marketing guys in LL, but it's also informative for us in a way.  Basically, the software keeps track of how many times that you post in the forums, how often you respond to other posts (and how you do it), and how other people are responding to your posts.  Fundamentally, it's figuring out how involved you are in keeping the forum culture alive, and it's telling Linden Lab some handy details about what we are all doing here.  I don't think anyone here knows how the secret formula works, but that's OK. We can be entertained by looking at the results. The more competitive people in the crowd can get excited about getting more points than their friends, and we can all make little games trying to figure out what it all means.  Mostly, it's just silly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

o  well i am not a competive person ,,,  so the point system  not a motivator.  I remember when back in the day the marketing guys limited  edition of certain toys and games  and how people would camp out ,,,, and why ,,,  we all have our strenghts and gifts , 

Edited by roseelvira
forgot

thanks I never saw this before

looking at mine, seems I give about 50% more than I receive which is a good indicator for me,  as I think this best represents that I do read quite a lot more posts than I write, and when people's posts are informative to me in some way then I click the buttons

i tend to click Like when I see people helping other people, where somebody has made something, where someone has put some effort into their post which I sometimes might not even agree with but their point has been made well.  And I Like when a person who has been helped comes back on and says thanks to the person who helped them, including when the helping person is not me

and I only made 3 people sad and 8 confused enough to click the button, and nobody ever made me confused or sad enough for me to click those buttons myself

is not that sometimes people haven't posted about some sadness event in their lives which has made me quite emotional sometimes. Is that I can't bring myself to further burden their sadness with my own as I see it were I to click the button.  In a truly sadness case I prefer to post a actual response but do this quite rarely

i only click the Haha when something posted makes me genuinely laugh. I don't think I have ever clicked it in a cynical way

where I have made people confused then as I remember I pretty much always follow up with another post and try again to hopefully explain what I meant

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, I don't mean that my avatar's complexity is too high.

I happened to look at my Forum Reputation page,  and discovered...

reactions.jpg.63a565cc39f9f99b52ec3c732817a0ff.jpg

...that I have confused 44 people and made another 29 people sad.

This will never do.  I wish always to be helpful, informative, clear, cheerful and upbeat!

Now that I have made that very clear...

...stop reacting negatively, darn it!

(EDIT:  That means you, Alwin!  Yes, I saw what you did there!)

Maybe you need a Swedish name and IKEA instructions!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I don't think so, Selene...I think it's the person who got the most Likes (or Thanks, Sad, Laugh, Confused...just clicks on the Like button), not the person with the most posts.  I remember Scylla started a thread about that and got just a ton of reactions!

You're correct on number of likes.

image.png.d85aea253b81a954ae7c9bde872a01c7.png

But number of posts aren't the same thing as out posting everyone in the sense I meant it. To me it meant you posted stuff that people really liked or agreed with that day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

In my case it means I showed off my ass like the attention whore I am and got the most reactions on that day ...

Yes, exactly, winning the day, means you were attention whore of the day. A title I have won a few times myself.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.