Best method to make poses for my specific avatar shape?

DorianaCele

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, what is the best way to make tailored poses for my specific avatar shape? My avatar is normal human female, 1.80m tall, with highly customized shapes. I don't care if my poses work on other AVs at all. I just wanna the pose look perfect on her. Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, DorianaCele said:

Hello everyone, what is the best way to make tailored poses for my specific avatar shape? My avatar is normal human female, 1.80m tall, with highly customized shapes. I don't care if my poses work on other AVs at all. I just wanna the pose look perfect on her. Thank you very much.

If you are not into blender or poses or mocap at all, you should try to get the basics first. That one could help you (its even about bento)
http://www.stillrez.com/en/com-glossary-about/second-life-opensim-2/applicazioni-pratiche/89-creazione-pose-bento-2.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the program qavimator which can make both animations and poses. The qavimator program (and most other animation programs) uses a default avatar that looks nothing like our shape in SL. You can create a pose and preview it in SL to see if it works with your avatar. (I think there is a free animation preview option in the viewer or you can use the beta grid.) You will need to make adjustments to the pose in qavimator and reupload to SL to test. The process might take several tries but you should be able to create a pose tailored to your specific avatar. The final step is to pay 10L$ to upload the final pose. 

One technique is to use an in-world Poser tool to create "keyframe" poses. The better one will export to a BVH file, which you can then import into Qavimator or Blender or other animation app. Then it's just a matter of fine-tuning and tweaking your animation using the keyframes you've already built, which should be appropriate for your avatar size and shape. Theoretically.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you doing these poses for photos only?  You can use a pose-making HUD in world, such as Anypose, which allows you to create and upload BVH files into SL after you make them, and these are yours to use over and over.  Or,  you can also  use Animare to just mod poses you already own (these will not be saved, however) . Anypose is older technology and does not have the same capabilities as Blender does with the Avatar plug in, but it will give you a solid understanding of creating poses. Also, there are many, many poses that are very good already out there, and since you say you are a normal size female, that will be even easier for your shape to fit poses already pre-made.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.