Normie and Anime Height

FuIlM00n

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

It's your freedom to be a tiny, as it is mine to be a human in SL proportions.
You'r not less judgmental by your "education" as anyone that bans small childish or any other type of avatar.

Again a freaking noob account that comes tell others what to do... ( i won't use the words i have in mind to prevent a warning)

Secondlife has a ruler, and 7 - 8'' is not normal : > 
I am speaking on behalf of all the avatars that are around 7 and 8' That is not human. that could be called Orcs?

When you are not human sized and are a giant, of course a normal 5'4 female will look small.
I am here to educate you, try to read the lines less judge them in your eyes.

Edited by FuIlM00n

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and they shouldn't

If people don't like it, lock yourself in a sim, with rules that don't allow it.... but hey isn't that what many already complain about?... the banning of small avies on private regions?

What you seem to fail to understand is, on an Anime sim, Normies are 8' avatars go to those sims, and cry wolf on avatars that are smaller then them. This is the problem that is being addressed here. Not your sim, and not your one tracked mind so it seems.

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I'm not talking about making anything compulsory. All it would take is slightly  reducing the height of starter avatars, and adjusting the default camera angle in the SL official viewer. It's all about the first impressions a new resident gets on first login. 

Both of which could be changed back to current settings if you wanted to do so.

What these would do is give new starters the impression that the "average" height is nearer to normal than it currently is, and effectively give people more variety of height to choose from. Because right now, the shorter third of the height range is almost unusable due to accusations of/fear of being identified as a child.

It is this very idea of fear, that we must prevent at all costs. Secondlife is a game of pure imagination where no God can tell us how we should be. Where we are given the choice to be what we want to be. So we have to cherish that idea, it is the while reason behind what makes Secondlife, Secondlife.

19 hours ago, Penny Patton said:

Here's the TL:DR version:

The average normie avatar, especially guys, tend to be 7-9' tall. This isn't a problem except that when they see avatars that are 6' or shorter, which many anime style avatars are (Furries, too, for that matter. Also, women in growing numbers. And landowners who want to get their money's worth.) too many of them cry "Child avatar!" and try to get shorter avatars banned simply for being shorter than they are. That's stupid. They should stop doing that.

I'll add that there's a simple thing LL could do to begin clearing up this issue.

TL;DDR version : I got kicked off some land for being a child avatar. I am upset now 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FuIlM00n said:

Again, you're a different Cavnas then Anime, so yes if an anime avatar looks like a child, it's a problem. But if they are clearly an adult, you have a problem. On your land it should never even be a say so in the matter, on land you do not own, you can simply. Hush.

I didn't know much about anime...but when I typed Anime in the inworld search engine just now...all the places that came up first had the big A as in adult.

I never knew there were adult places for the animes.  aye aye aye

You sound like a "dom" anime to me in your role play speak.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I love all the comments being given on the subject, and it is also interesting to see the different points of view on each individual when it comes to this topic at hand.

However this is no joking matter, and My sisters and I have one thing in common. We do not do repeats. The Outcome will be resolved. Class is still in session.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I didn't know much about anime...but when I typed Anime in the inworld search engine just now...all the places that came up first had the big A as in adult.

I never knew there were adult places for the animes.  aye aye aye

You sound like a "dom" anime to me in your role play speak.   

That is quiet brave of you! I do not use the Adult Sims often, unless one of my friends is there! I tend to my own home. This is not the Sex-Ed class, you might be in the wrong classroom darling : >

Hmm...telling people to sit down and shut up (I don't care about cultural or language differences, that's just flat out RUDE), telling them how their avatars should look, or rather how tall they should be...all the while screaming "don't tell me how tall my chosen style of avatar should be"....

irony-irony-everywhere.jpg.15d9dbbd40a57b4b8b23ca3e50d283f1.jpg

Your mama failed to teach you manners, I'm sorry.  Let me help you with that...

"Hey everyone, I have a problem, I'd like to know your opinion, let's discuss this" Sounds way better than "sit down and shut up *I* am going to school you all, because you guys don't know anything".

The latter is the kind of "teacher" that gets their ass super glued to a chair ;) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, FuIlM00n said:

That is quiet brave of you! I do not use the Adult Sims often, unless one of my friends is there! I tend to my own home. This is not the Sex-Ed class, you might be in the wrong classroom darling : >

I was just looking to make sure you had places your avatar style could go...apparently, there are lots.

I think I'm just in the wrong thread. 

This isn't for me, but the reason I looked up your style of avatar was to make sure you weren't completely discriminated against.  

A sim owner pays the bills and has the right to choose which avatars are allowed.  Yeah, the clients help pay the bills but still...it's their sim, their rules.  

I must say you should get off your high horse. What you're calling for is for complete segregation and that is immaculately absurd!You claim to be tall yourself but then state how everyone else who's tall is "bad and will report anyone shorter" which is very much not true. You speak for the archaic and the old before mesh existed. I'm very much sorry but when you start to RP halfway through this thread it just doesn't look good or professional. You do not look "Cool" or "mature" this way, which I can clearly see you're trying to act like you're smarter and more mature than everyone else. which honey, I'm sorry but you don't hit that mark. You're not educating anyone. In fact, we're all here to educate you. And yes, let us talk about your "sisters". I've been told by many people that these are all your alts. You: yourself, are the tall one acting like everyone else is immature. Your hypocrisy runs deep within your own veins and its toxicity is spreading far and wide. What really differentiates an anime avatar from a human? One thing perhaps, since most of them do use the same body these days. A head. That's right, you're calling for segregation determined by what head people use.Furthermore, you're acting out against those using the standard bodies within the core platform itself. "normies shouldn't be in anime sims and anime shouldn't be in normie sims." You are broadly offensive and highly immature. You've only upset the good people who read this.  You state and I quote: "No Avatar should ever be told they can where what they want, if we can all just get along and not cry the wolf.
" but then you tell one person "Anime stay with the anime, normie stay with normie. they should never cross sim."  The only one crying wolf  is you. Right here, and right now. I'm sorry but your testimony has several holes in it as well as contradictions. This "case" should be considered dismissed.

Edited by oaklybarnes

4 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Hmm...telling people to sit down and shut up (I don't care about cultural or language differences, that's just flat out RUDE), telling them how their avatars should look, or rather how tall they should be...all the while screaming "don't tell me how tall my chosen style of avatar should be"....

irony-irony-everywhere.jpg.15d9dbbd40a57b4b8b23ca3e50d283f1.jpg

Your mama failed to teach you manners, I'm sorry.  Let me help you with that...

"Hey everyone, I have a problem, I'd like to know your opinion, let's discuss this" Sounds way better than "sit down and shut up *I* am going to school you all, because you guys don't know anything".

The latter is the kind of "teacher" that gets their ass super glued to a chair ;) 

I am not teaching avatars to be any height. I am teaching avatars to stop judging based on height. You are in the wrong grade and classroom. tsk tsk.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oaklybarnes said:

I must say you should get off your high horse. What you're calling for is for complete segregation and that is immaculately absurd!You claim to be tall yourself but then state how everyone else who's tall is "bad and will report anyone shorter" which is very much not true. You speak for the archaic and the old before mesh existed. I'm very much sorry but when you start to RP halfway through this thread it just doesn't look good or professional. You do not look "Cool" or "mature" this way, which I can clearly see you're trying to act like you're smarter and more mature than everyone else. which honey, I'm sorry but you don't hit that mark. You're not educating anyone. In fact, we're all here to educate you. And yes, let us talk about your "sisters". I've been told by many people that these are all your alts. You: yourself, are the tall one acting like everyone else is immature. Your hypocrisy runs deep within your own veins and its toxicity is spreading far and wide. What really differentiates an anime avatar from a human? One thing perhaps, since most of them do use the same body these days. A head. That's right, you're calling for segregation determined by what head people use.Furthermore, you're acting out against those using the standard bodies within the core platform itself. "normies shouldn't be in anime sims and anime shouldn't be in normie sims." You are broadly offensive and highly immature. You've only upset the good people who read this.  You state and I quote: "No Avatar should ever be told they can where what they want, if we can all just get along and not cry the wolf.
" but then you tell one person "Anime stay with the anime, normie stay with normie. they should never cross sim."  The only one crying wolf  is you. Right here, and right now. I'm sorry but your testimony has several holes in it as well as contradictions. This "case" should be considered dismissed.

You don't read the lines carefully.
" If you are in a Sim of Anime, respect the genre and do not expect to be catered to your needs as a Normie. IT IS ANIME.
If you are on a Normie sim, do not EXPECT to be excepted as an Anime avatar. "

And then I said and stated.

"This is the problem I see in Secondlife and it is ruthlessly pathetic."

What I am stating is not to have this segregation you speak of, I am simply telling you the truth. Sims segregate. Mostly RP sims, but still.
And I still go by what I have said. No avatar can decide what a player should dress up as. And if you are taller then 7' you have no business calling out child avatars because you are just to big 😆 Measurements dear.

I am not roelplaying, I am teaching. Like it, or not.

9 minutes ago, FuIlM00n said:

I am not teaching avatars to be any height. I am teaching avatars to stop judging based on height. You are in the wrong grade and classroom. tsk tsk.

I am telling no one to shut up, This is a conversation. Do not put words in my mouth : >

*waves to Lindal and ganders around at the 'new yet again' forums*

Wow, haven't logged on for years and when I do I get whiplashed into arguments that have been raging since the days when Philip would cruise the clubs in world. Nice to know the world hasn't moved that far past me.

I've been 5'6" since I started over 14 years ago.  Never been given any grief about it.

1 hour ago, FuIlM00n said:

I am telling no one to shut up, This is a conversation. Do not put words in my mouth : >

Telling people to sit down and be quiet and throwing insults out at every single turn...is not a conversation. You're very well aware of your own words and how you're using them, you don't need people pointing it out ;) I'm sure this is just a "I need to get my rocks off" sorta thing, so..by all means, go on with your bad self.  I may not understand why acting that way gives ya a tickle in the knickers, but I suppose it's not my place to judge, either. So, have at it, and when you're done getting your rocks off on it all, just remember you're not actually teaching anyone anything here, lol. The few people that actually DO judge age on size alone (none of whom are here) are so few and far between (compared to those that don't) that making a mountain out of this grain of rice seem like a LOT of wasted breath on a soapbox that will only crumble.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.