Forgotten Rezz zones?

Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When are we going to get the rezz zones in the long empty sims between Jeogeot and Bellisseria? I might not remember right, but I thought these had been promised. It can be frustrating to lose your boat half way and have to start again or search for one on Jeogeot... While I am asking maybe a few in the new Jeogeot water sims. 

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

When are we going to get the rezz zones in the long empty sims between Jeogeot and Bellisseria? I might not remember right, but I thought these had been promised. It can be frustrating to lose your boat half way and have to start again or search for one on Jeogeot... While I am asking maybe a few in the new Jeogeot water sims. 

Serious question: Have you tried other boats or aircraft? I find that I lose a boat or aircraft or car sometimes during a region crossing and it's more consistent with some than others

I'm not that technical, but in-world long enough that experience tells me it has a lot to do with how the scripts are written and the number of them. For example: I've only recently discovered the MANJI cars and even in crusty old Heterocera and Sansara region crossing are nearly instantaneous (.25 to .5 seconds on average) and yet my previous-best are still the same average 2 to 4 seconds or longer and the only difference really is the scripting.

I also am discovering (because paying more attention) that it's a similar scenario in boats and aircraft.

I know - somewhat off-topic, but a proposed method to find a solution because I wouldn't't expect Rez zones plopped into those sims any time soon as, I am presuming, they will plop more virtual land-mass somewhere in there and so many of those are, more or less, temporary place-holder regions.

Edited by Alyona Su

I have a lot of boats and even more motorcycles. The vehicle scripting plays a big part in it and is very obvious with motorbikes. The most popular motorbike scripts are great for racing or riding around a sim, but their failure rate on sim crossings very noticeable compared with simpler scripted bikes like those from the humble worker store. 

Because the function of boats in SL is much more about sim crossings they are generally much better at it.

But even with a well scripted boat and minimal scripts on your avatar you get bad crossings. Yesterday for a while at least the sim on the corner where it stops heading south, turning East to Jeogeot went down in the middle of the LCC cruise. Anyone caught in that would have faced the choice of going straight to the party or starting again from the top.

Parcelling up a few corners, setting them to rezzing with 5 minute autoreturn is less than a minutes work on each sim. One for every 5 sims would make a big difference. The benefits outweigh the work and I thought we had been told we were getting them anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Parcelling up a few corners, setting them to rezzing with 5 minute autoreturn is less than a minutes work on each sim. One for every 5 sims would make a big difference. The benefits outweigh the work and I thought we had been told we were getting them anyway. 

I do agree and I believe the powers-that-be would do it (they get it; there's a giant reel zone at the northeast corner of every region in Blake Sea, mentioned for those that don't know it) - And it is the lack of this which is why I hypothesize that these are more or less general place-holders until something more complete is fleshed-out. I'be been following the SSP/Bellisseria news-from-Lindens pretty close (though not as close as people like @Daniel Voyager) - I don;t recal even a rumor that rez zones may be placed into any of those regions. I'll be first to admit that doesn't mean I'm right!

The Bellisseria continent itself is slated to eventually continue southward to meet up with Jeogeot.  I imagine that rezz zones will be added to the southern area as the continent expands.  Maybe, if folks make enough ruckus, a Mole will take a bit of timeout from building LInden Homes to go create a rezz zone or two along that sailing path.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.