Teleport Redirect for Non-members

Cleo Ackmann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey guys,

So I have a sim and a portion of it is members only. I am trying to force non-members to teleport to the landing point for the sim. Below are the settings for the member's only area:e60b0f52b02ce1971003f392965ea920.png.62aa746c39c33be5eb0c80da0e90aa14.png

Here are the settings for the public area:

e60b0f52b02ce1971003f392965ea920.png.9b50683e688806b10d2f42a8c37980f5.png

The issue is, when they are teleported in, they are put right outside the property line closest to where we are instead of being forced to the landing point of the other parcel.

I know for a fact I have been to sims with landing points off of the member's only parcel and been sent to a landing point no where near the teleport origin.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Is there an experience or some such I need to use?

3 answers to this question

(Seems to be the same landing point graphic, pasted twice; probably you meant one of them to be different?)

You shouldn't need an Experience because these things worked before Experiences even existed.

One thing I'd suggest checking is whether the region is using teleHUB routing, and if so, where that teleHUB is located. 

You might also want to check the settings on other regions that behave the way you want this region to work.

23 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

(Seems to be the same landing point graphic, pasted twice; probably you meant one of them to be different?)

You shouldn't need an Experience because these things worked before Experiences even existed.

One thing I'd suggest checking is whether the region is using teleHUB routing, and if so, where that teleHUB is located. 

You might also want to check the settings on other regions that behave the way you want this region to work.

This. When I had my own role-play regions we set the "parcel" level control to "land anywhere" (no specific landing point) and placed the teleHUB where we wanted newcomers to land. This way anyone teleporting in from the world map or a SLURL would go to the teleHUB, though regular role-players could teleport directly to any location they had a Landmark for. It's not a perfect system and it's not really enforceable, but it works well. And it's always best if you don't use what could be perceived as ham-fisted enforcement of any policy like "how to enter the sim" or you'll chase away good role-players and prevent potential new role-players by annoying them.

ASLO: A teleHUB will automatically distribute landers so they don't land on top of each other (you set the diameter) and so you wont't need any of those annoying pusher/mover systems that use up prims and add to scripts. Ugh.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.