Layers glitching

Kyla Fraenkel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know exactly what you are talking about, layers on mesh body? Those indeed glitch often and for various reasons i.e. lower graphic settings, more layers stacked one over another, high altitude etc...LODs are important in how we see SL mesh  but not relevant in this particular case, this is alpha texture problem.... there are some half solutions, i.e.  changing  blending mode for top worn layer (most bodies have this), but in my opinion, masking creates ugly rugged edges which makes it entirely unusable...Sometimes re-applying provides a temporary fix...

Anyways, there is light at the end of the tunnel , "Bakes on mesh " should resolve flickering  even with multiple worn layers (BoM  is similar to system layers but wearable on mesh bodies, you can read more about it in SL wiki and/or check  BakesOnMeshVideo  by Strawberry Singh)

I believe official SL viewer has been updated already and Firestorm usually follows shortly with all new features...Your mesh body/head will have to be updated to work with this new system, some already are BoM ready, if you aren`t sure about the brand you`re using, ask in their support group, check group notices or their official web-site..

Ok this is probably more then you asked for lol, but I hope it helps:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.