Marketplace listings of inactive sellers

Lentissimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it safe to buy stuff on marketplace from people who pretty much quit SL a year ago? I don't care about support since it's just clothing. Can I assume if their listing is still on marketplace, it'll get delivered and not get some bull***** like "oops sorry we're not able to find this seller's item box inworld anymore, tough luck on the $ you wasted"?

Edited by Lentissimo

27 minutes ago, Lentissimo said:

Is it safe to buy stuff on marketplace from people who pretty much quit SL a year ago? I don't care about support since it's just clothing. Can I assume if their listing is still on marketplace, it'll get delivered and not get some bull***** like "oops sorry we're not able to find this seller's item box inworld anymore, tough luck on the $ you wasted"?

My guess would be that if the stuff is not being delivered, there'd be plenty of 1 star reviews ranting about it. 

• Like 1

it has to be an active in world account as marketplace items are in folders in inventory, so if they are gone gone the items will not be listed. Demos are a good way of testing prior which should be done anyway, but even redeliveries now that that is a thing, are going back as far as 2011 for many, as long as the account is active, showing in search in world, you will be getting the item, and if not then you can lodge a ticket with LL if they are inactive that is

Edited by Sasy Scarborough

6 hours ago, Lentissimo said:

MP does not use in-world boxes at all any more, items are delivered directly from the avatar's inventory. If the account is no longer in-world, or if they have deleted the items from their inventory, the MP listings are automatically removed. So provided the MP listing is still there, and provided the box contains what it says it will contain, you will still receive it.

• Like 2

some of my best buys are from old listings that haven't been updated in a donkey's age.  As with anything online, there's always a possibility they won't respond if something happens, even when the people in question haven't left SL.  And as people have said, there's more than one kind of 'left'.  People who have stopped logging in, but haven't deleted their accounts are fine to buy from.  Those who have deleted accounts... have had their MP store removed.   This happened to me with one of my favorite stores.  In world store closed. For about a year, the MP was active.  Then for whatever reason (I suspect they died and their children got involved) the entire thing was just gone. Depressing!

Edited by DeepBlueJoy
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.