Jump to content
  • 0
Abhisshhree

Crashing every 1-2 mins from last 2 days ! Urgent please help

Question

Hi , 
From last 2 days , I crashing within 1-2 mins of logging on . I have had several attempts through various viewers (firestorm ,secondlife , phoenix , catznip, Blackdragon) , tried cleaning my local and inworld cache including deleting everything related to second life on my computer and reinstalling it . I also reinstalled my wifi and graphic drivers , changed wifi's , computer (Mobile app Lumiya also doesnt work)  and changed myself into noob , but no luck . 

ISystem specification:
 Windows 10 Pro 
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)i5-6300U CPU @2.40GHz , 2.50 GHz
RAM : 8GB
System type : 64 -bit operating system, x64 processor 

Error Message :No error message except 'You've been logged out of Second Life'.
 

Please help 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, Abhisshhree said:

Hi , 
From last 2 days , I crashing within 1-2 mins of logging on . I have had several attempts through various viewers (firestorm ,secondlife , phoenix , catznip, Blackdragon) , tried cleaning my local and inworld cache including deleting everything related to second life on my computer and reinstalling it . I also reinstalled my wifi and graphic drivers , changed wifi's , computer (Mobile app Lumiya also doesnt work)  and changed myself into noob , but no luck . 

ISystem specification:
 Windows 10 Pro 
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)i5-6300U CPU @2.40GHz , 2.50 GHz
RAM : 8GB
System type : 64 -bit operating system, x64 processor 

Error Message :No error message except 'You've been logged out of Second Life'.
 

Please help 
 

Open the viewer.  No need to log in.  Go to Help - About  (in firestorm)  and copy and paste the full details here.  This will give people a better idea how they may help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Firestorm 6.2.4 (57588) Jul 12 2019 03:09:55 (32bit) (Firestorm-release) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz (2496 MHz)
Memory: 8084 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.20.100.6472
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 25.20.100.6472

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.01
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1366x705 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-9-7T11:59:54 
Built with MSVC version 1800
September 07 2019 23:16:58 SLT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Ok I am not very technical

same here  :) but what i miss in the pasted info ( normaly it's in it i thought) is the packet loss %  ... thats often one of the most important signal for a bad connection.

I think it's not needed to explain that a onboard graphics never will meet the levels needed for a very comfy setting to play SL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

same here  :) but what i miss in the pasted info ( normaly it's in it i thought) is the packet loss %  ... thats often one of the most important signal for a bad connection.

I think it's not needed to explain that a onboard graphics never will meet the levels needed for a very comfy setting to play SL.

The packet loss info doesn't show there unless you actually log in - because it isn't applicable before that.

 

8 hours ago, Abhisshhree said:

Firestorm 6.2.4 (57588) Jul 12 2019 03:09:55 (32bit) (Firestorm-release) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz (2496 MHz)
Memory: 8084 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.20.100.6472
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 25.20.100.6472

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.01
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1366x705 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-9-7T11:59:54 
Built with MSVC version 1800
September 07 2019 23:16:58 SLT

The graphics card definitely isn't great, but typically that wouldn't cause immediate log out --- unless you are encountering an overheating issue.  If it is a desktop, take the cover off the side and blow out any dust. If it is a laptop, all you can do is power it down and try blowing compressed air into the air vents to clear out any dust there.  

You can test the 'graphics overheating' issue by logging into an empty area - no people, no graphics, just the basic land and water, and sit for a bit to see if you get logged out just as quickly.  One other possibility that could cause unexpected overheating is if you are on a laptop with a second graphics card and somehow your SL viewer got reset to use the Intel card instead of the second card.  Windows updates and driver updates will sometimes do that.  

 

Typically disconnects like that though are related to your actual internet connection. I'd suggest a reboot of the Router and Modem - leaving them off for a good 30-60 seconds before turning them back on.  If that doesn't help, the link that Cindy provided will tell you how to add other DNS servers, as that could also be an issue.  Finally, work your way, step by step, through that provided link.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I agree.  That looks like a fairly decent computer except for the graphics chip.  On the face of it, I don't see anything in the hardware or your settings that should make you disconnect that often.  Do worry about overheating, because that can be expensive.  Also, consider the possibility that your router or modem may be failing. Those are relatively inexpensive to replace, and you can get a good one at Wal-Mart or Best Buy on a Sunday.  Or, if you are portable, you can try lugging your machine to a neighbor's house and using their modem and router.

As a long shot, ask your ISP to check the line all the way up to your computer. I mention this only because I had a few months of frequent disconnects back in 2013 that were finally solved when my ISP discovered corrosion in a connector in the box at the street in front of my house.  Water and mold can make a remarkable difference to reliability.  Closer to home, so can a cat chewing on the cables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...