Can't rez certain objects on platform in the sky.

GabbageRoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I made a platform out of a prim, and I put it in the sky. Most objects will rez fine on it, but some won't. The ones that won't do rez on the ground level. But i can't rez them on ground level and move them up because they won't go through the platform. The platform is the same dimensions as the land plot, so I can't go around it either. Anyone have any idea of what may be causing certain items not to be rez-able and if there's a way around it? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

They won't go through the platform?  Why not just set the Z component in the object's position to maybe 10 meters above the platform?  Actually, just move them up to any elevation near your platform and move them up manually. You can always move objects through each other with the Red/Green/Blue arrows.  

As for why they won't rez there in the first place .... how high is your platform?  SL doesn't always like to rez things if you are too high about the surface.

Thanks for the response. I'm pretty high up there, 4093 meters. But it only happens with certain objects. Some will go off world, and reappear in my lost and found folder, some just won't rez at all, and some rez just fine. They won't go through the platform when i try moving them with the arrows. And when I change the z value to higher than the platform from the ground, I tp up to find the object stuck under the platform. You think it's just a matter of the platform being too high up? 

23 minutes ago, GabbageRoll said:

You think it's just a matter of the platform being too high up? 

Yup.  I would never try to do any serious building that high.  My own platforms are rarely above 2500m.  At high altitude, SL starts to generate roundoff errors in position vectors and other important things, so it gets wonky.  Prims start to drift, all sorts of things don't fit right.

Edited by Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.