Mainland Bot Invasion?

Winx Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place, feel free to move it if I have.

One of my groups owns a few parcels of Mainland land and over the past couple of days just one of those parcels has been invaded by at least 18 avatars. We can't figure out what the sudden interest could be that is attracting so many avatars in such a short space of time to it. It's just a plain old residential parcel, nothing special, yet these avatars just can't seem to stay away. Has anyone else experienced an invasion of possible bots to their mainland parcels of late? According to my friend who owns the group the land belongs to, after one of these 18 avatars left another one would come out mere seconds later and that's why I'm calling it an invasion. I know you get the odd bot here and there, as well as the odd lost avatar, but 18 almost all at once? Ugh! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

Yeah it's a thing.  There are threads opening up all over now, Mainland and Bellisseria most recently.  Keep a list of the invaders and include the names in the AR, is the prevailing advice.

Yeah, we've definitely got a list of all of their names. Hopefully LL can do something about them soon. In the meantime, it's ban and report.

• Like 1

Maybe post your sim and coordinates so that if a bot owner comes across this post maybe they can configure their bot to not land on your land.

Messaging some bots does no good but but Ive noticed some leave contact details, you could try to message them or the owner if listed to stop them.

Easiest solution is just just ban them from your parcel, thats why we have the tools to handle these type of things ourselves without having to submit tickets because a bot landing on your land isn't breaking any rules, chances are the owner of the bot is unaware that its bothering you and can fix it to not bother you by re-routing it or... just ban it!

I used to rent a parcel on Nautilus - Melqart and I swear to you it got visited by 35-40 bots a day (I used to have a list of them all). I ended up turning damage on and put a collidable prim with a  Damage 100 script in it where they would fly up and kill themselves (Because all of them would land and fly up 3-5m) lol.

My current home gets visited by 10-15 bots a day. I don't mind them though after I took the time to learn about them, I know they are bots and they aren't doing harm. Most just collect data like parcel information or avatar information, height, age, parcel names, sizes, etc etc.

Some people have sites for their bots too, they share the information they collect like these 2 for example (there are more out there)

https://lounetizen.com/avdata/

http://gridsurvey.com/index.php?r=d

The only time bots bother me is if they land and dont leave. Most land and leave fairly quick, some will land and spin in circles a couple times then leave. No harm done.

The easiest solution is to use security globes and set them to instant eject and ban everyone not on the access list.  If you have parcel where you want the public to see it, such as a store, bots are not really a problem unless they fill it and make people not want to come in.  It just depends on what you are using the land for.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.