Jump to content
roseelvira

Tweeks possible options ideals for new homes houseboats

Recommended Posts

Very thankful for all the hard work the moles and linden labs are doing with the new homes. I have a few thoughts on possible positive tweeks ,upgrades ,options that maybe can be done with the future homes or even tweeked to the ones now available. example loving the house boat and maybe if the sand on bottom lowered a bit  we ourselves could use that space to make below the deck rooms    in the hull of the boat if the bottom was dropped more giving  more room for walls etc  residents could add their own tp to get to the below the deck cabins.  There are so many wonderful things one can do with these beautiful homes.  I have already been working on a room for a below the deck living.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thought would be if in the texture packs they provide if they could include  the window texture door and the beamed ceiling textures. With the first generation homes they included all the textures. My camera  just cannot get the correct angle to take proper pic of the window to make my own textures they are alway off

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that we should have all textures. Like the floors in the traditional homes. It is better for all, if it's fewer textures to load. Now I am forced to use a texture with no familarity to Bellisseria. I use the houseboat deck for my terraces in the house.

And also the other texures, like trim and roof.

We have asked for it, I don't know if we was told why we couldn't get it.

Having the ground under the boat lowered was suggested months ago. Mermaids and others wanted underwater homes. We was told that LL would not do that. We got a reason for why they would not do it, I can't remember it now. I can't find the thread again, maybe some other can find it and link it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

are we allowd to build  under the water in front of the boats  ? Shame about ground and hull  because if they did the  creations and beautiful things that would be done .!!!!! By giving that space   the residents would be able to make awsome below deck rooms etc ,,,  also with the houses space to make basements ,,, storm basements  etc ,,, basement rec rooms  so many ideals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

The other thought would be if in the texture packs they provide if they could include  the window texture door and the beamed ceiling textures. With the first generation homes they included all the textures...

Couldn't they just include the actual mesh-doors and -windows in the pack instead of deckchairs and such?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

are we allowd to build  under the water in front of the boats  ? Shame about ground and hull  because if they did the  creations and beautiful things that would be done .!!!!! By giving that space   the residents would be able to make awsome below deck rooms etc ,,,  also with the houses space to make basements ,,, storm basements  etc ,,, basement rec rooms  so many ideals

Yes, you can build whatever you want under the boat as long as you stay within your parcel.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, roseelvira said:

are we allowd to build  under the water in front of the boats  ? Shame about ground and hull  because if they did the  creations and beautiful things that would be done .!!!!! By giving that space   the residents would be able to make awsome below deck rooms etc ,,,  also with the houses space to make basements ,,, storm basements  etc ,,, basement rec rooms  so many ideals

Building under the houses would probably never be allowed, it really would have a detrimental effect upon the terrain around the house... and how do you change the area of the hole for each house design? I wouldn't want my garden to be on a prim cover.

If you want a basement, best way to do it is to have an 'anywhere' style door that teleports you to a linked door and have your basement room in a skybox.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 7:15 AM, roseelvira said:

Very thankful for all the hard work the moles and linden labs are doing with the new homes. I have a few thoughts on possible positive tweeks ,upgrades ,options that maybe can be done with the future homes or even tweeked to the ones now available. example loving the house boat and maybe if the sand on bottom lowered a bit  we ourselves could use that space to make below the deck rooms    in the hull of the boat if the bottom was dropped more giving  more room for walls etc  residents could add their own tp to get to the below the deck cabins.  There are so many wonderful things one can do with these beautiful homes.  I have already been working on a room for a below the deck living.

Like the evolution of the landscaping, I think the Moles have been making the water deeper for houseboats. The water is well over my head at Walrus Beach. I’m able to use my diving board without breaking my neck. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

Like the evolution of the landscaping, I think the Moles have been making the water deeper for houseboats. The water is well over my head at Walrus Beach. I’m able to use my diving board without breaking my neck. 

That would be an illusion in most cases. 

On most houseboat parcels in the original release, in the NW corner of the continent, the water depth is roughly 4.5 m down to the sand (next to the houseboat itself - many do have the sand sloping up directly under the houseboat).  And many spots in the Squishy Pickle (houseboat cluster in the NW) are also 4.5 - 5 m (my current spot is 5 m).  Whereas when I start going around the newer areas, the depth is getting shallower, very much so in a few areas:  Picards Wharf and Sebek seem to have an average depth of about 4 m.  Whereas locations like Guppy, SSPE192, and SSPE204 only have 2.0 - 3.5 m depth.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That would be an illusion in most cases. 

On most houseboat parcels in the original release, in the NE corner of the continent, the water depth is roughly 4.5 m down to the sand (next to the houseboat itself - many do have the sand sloping up directly under the houseboat).  And many spots in the Squishy Pickle (houseboat cluster in the NW) are also 4.5 - 5 m (my current spot is 5 m).  Whereas when I start going around the newer areas, the depth is getting shallower, very much so in a few areas:  Picards Wharf and Sebek seem to have an average depth of about 4 m.  Whereas locations like Guppy, SSPE192, and SSPE204 only have 2.0 - 3.5 m depth.

I can't scubadive there then. My swim AO will stand me up if I'm too close to the bottom. I am 6'3 or 190 cm - roughly measured. The keel and hull of my sailboat will go into the ground too. It's not a very big boat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been to a few stores and on line for windows and textures that were not in the texture package  to match the house boats   but so far no luck. I found a few that came almost close but the mesh window  mesaurements off and the textures not a direct match. So hoping that  maybe for Christmas or sooner we will be blessed with that gift.  Untill they i will just keep looking .

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That would be an illusion in most cases. 

On most houseboat parcels in the original release, in the NE corner of the continent, the water depth is roughly 4.5 m down to the sand (next to the houseboat itself - many do have the sand sloping up directly under the houseboat).  And many spots in the Squishy Pickle (houseboat cluster in the NW) are also 4.5 - 5 m (my current spot is 5 m).  Whereas when I start going around the newer areas, the depth is getting shallower, very much so in a few areas:  Picards Wharf and Sebek seem to have an average depth of about 4 m.  Whereas locations like Guppy, SSPE192, and SSPE204 only have 2.0 - 3.5 m depth.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I'm glad I have an older houseboat parcel because the water is plenty deep there. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I'm glad I have an older houseboat parcel because the water is plenty deep there. 

I'm not sure how many of them are on the super shallow side of things, like that 2.0 m one - I just did a few random clicks in the newer areas - but I did find quite a few that were around that 3.5 m mark.  I was happy to discover that my current plot is 5 m, even under the houseboat itself - well, minus the tiny bit that the houseboat sits into the water.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t measured the depth, but I did notice the first release houseboats were on shallower parcels. (At least the ones I checked out.) That disappointed  me. It doesn’t seem uniform, though. It’s deep at Porthole, Beluga Sound and Limevale. I’m glad it’s deep where you are, @Sylvia Tamalyn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I haven’t measured the depth, but I did notice the first release houseboats were on shallower parcels. (At least the ones I checked out.) That disappointed  me. It doesn’t seem uniform, though. It’s deep at Porthole, Beluga Sound and Limevale. I’m glad it’s deep where you are, @Sylvia Tamalyn.

I just checked my houseboat parcel on the west side of the continent (acquired back in April), and found the same thing Lil saw on the east side: the water is 4.5 meter deep.  :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One difference I did notice with the very first set of houseboats released, versus many of the later ones:  In the first set, a lot of the plots had sand sloping down from the land edge on out to sea.  So the water depth was very, very shallow where the boat was sitting versus out closer to the edge of the parcel.  On my very first houseboat plot, I could not walk directly under my boat at the end closest to land.  Now it looks like, in most plots anyway, that the land is mostly flat and uniform on the houseboat plots.  So the water depth is basically the same throughout the entire parcel.

Given that my realistically sized avatar is a bit shy of 2 m tall, even a 3.0-3.5 m depth is enough to be able to swim in.

Also, in almost every area that I saw that had less than 3.5-4.0 m depth within the houseboat plot, the sand did slope down drastically once it reached the public section where boats would be traveling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I jumped back underwater again (lol), and my avatar, at 1.92 m tall, can walk underwater the entire length of my houseboat, and continue on in front of it to the edge of the parcel, which then drops down into deeper public water. I wonder if different houseboat styles sit at different depths? I'm not dedicated enough to swap them out to see, but that could explain some differences. I also wonder how many other factors came into play, like distance from the main continent. My parcel is out in the water, not near any houses at all, and it's pretty flat from one end to the other. 

Things you wonder about on a quiet Sunday night... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given that my realistically sized avatar is a bit shy of 2 m tall, even a 3.0-3.5 m depth is enough to be able to swim in.

Also, in almost every area that I saw that had less than 3.5-4.0 m depth within the houseboat plot, the sand did slope down drastically once it reached the public section where boats would be traveling.

Apparently I'm pretty short (only 1.7 meters), so that might explain why 4 meters seems deep to me. Thanks for your analysis. 😊

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

Apparently I'm pretty short (only 1.7 meters), so that might explain why 4 meters seems deep to me. Thanks for your analysis. 😊

 

Yeah, 3.5-4.0 meters sounds pretty shallow until we realize our own size.  I'm currently at 1.81 meters, which equates to 5.95 feet, so I'm still tall when compared to RL me and many other women in RL (yet a midget compared to so many in SL).

Yes, @Sylvia Tamalyn, the things we start pondering on quiet Sunday evenings.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing i did notice is there is at least looks like where my boat is located  that there is a high and low tide perhaps ,,, with my sea horse guard some times he is way above and other right hight and other times underwater . i also noticed that about the land under the boat and what choice of boat some are higher in the water and some lower though it is your boat  ,,,  so i guess depending  what one of the choices  how much space you have under the boat ,,,,,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...