Lets keep this simple. I live in a skybox with my pet albino wombat, (wombie) and my ex-store fairy greeter. (she doesn't have a name). The wombat nudges you around constantly and the fairy keeps whizzing around my head welcoming me - NON STOP.

How do you think I feel!!??!!??!!  🙄😧😭☠️🙀

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Haha 3

It's a sandbox. If you don't like this happening, you have to buy or rent land so that you can eject people. Common courtesy is not something to expect in SL, as many throw it out the window when they enter.

4 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Lets keep this simple. I live in a skybox with my pet albino wombat, (wombie) and my ex-store fairy greeter. (she doesn't have a name). The wombat nudges you around constantly and the fairy keeps whizzing around my head welcoming me - NON STOP.

How do you think I feel!!??!!??!!  🙄😧😭☠️🙀

Stores that use those fairies are stores I avoid. There isn't much more irritating than trying to look at a product only to have that blasted thing block your view, even when zoomed in, and then try to adjust your cam only to have the little bleepity bleep bleep get right in the way again! And again! And again! I'm not going to buy what I can't see.

Get yourself a good security orb and set it to instant ban anyone who dares set foot on your property just in case they get past the ban lines.

7 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

Get yourself a good security orb and set it to instant ban anyone who dares set foot on your property just in case they get past the ban lines.

I dunna-think you can make ban lines in a sandbox and neither would a security orb of any kind work very well there as you could be Abuse-Reported as a griefer. Just saying. Because you do not quote anyone so it must be presumed you reply to the Original Post. You *DID* actually read it, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

You *DID* actually read it, right?

Yes, I did and as many others have said, if security is such a concern then maybe building in a public sandbox is not the safest place. They should instead consider building on their own property where security precautions can be taken.

Just now, MichaMoz said:

Yes, I did and as many others have said, if security is such a concern then maybe building in a public sandbox is not the safest place. They should instead consider building on their own property where security precautions can be taken.

I'd love to. Can you afford to pay for something larger than a 512 for me since I can't afford to own land? Will you pay for premium for me so I can have mainland? No? Thought so.

Point being not everyone in SL has an income of $50kUS and above, so not everyone can afford land. 

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'd love to. Can you afford to pay for something larger than a 512 for me since I can't afford to own land? Will you pay for premium for me so I can have mainland? No? Thought so.

Point being not everyone in SL has an income of $50kUS and above, so not everyone can afford land. 

No but I've made friends that can and do let me use their secure property. You could also try to do the same.

3e3625166eee4e5f3c92340d9c4d14a6.png.cc32531106223a1bae877fecbbd90a45.png

Additionally if you look hard enough there are alternatives.

Edited by MichaMoz

12 minutes ago, MichaMoz said:

No but I've made friends that can and do let me use their secure property. You could also try to do the same.

Sorry, I don't mooch off my friends. I earn the privilege. By doing something for them in return. As I am currently doing at Hither. I work for the use of the land. 

Yes there are plenty of sandboxes around. Like Skidz that I have been using off and on for more than 10 years.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Sorry, I don't mooch off my friends. I earn the privilege. By doing something for them in return. As I am currently doing at Hither. I work for the use of the land. 

So, you wouldn't mooch off your friends but you would off of me by asking me to pay for you to have a premium account?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Ooh! If we pay your tier, do get get to boss you around? Or will you be domme? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

Just now, MichaMoz said:

So, you wouldn't mooch off your friends but you would off of me by asking me to pay for you to have a premium account?

I was demonstrating my point, not trying to mooch off someone I don't know and doesn't know me. That is not who I am. Or how I am. You know what I meant. 

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Ooh! If we pay your tier, do get get to boss you around? Or will you be domme? Asking for a friend.

Omegas aren't domme nor are they submissive. So. There you go. :P

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Omegas aren't domme nor are they submissive. So. There you go. :P

Forgot you were Omega. Going to keep the peace for free?

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I was demonstrating my point, not trying to mooch off someone I don't know and doesn't know me. That is not who I am. Or how I am. You know what I meant. 

Then don't imply that I am somehow mooching off of my friends. They are compensated much the same way as yours for their kindness.

7 minutes ago, MichaMoz said:

Then don't imply that I am somehow mooching off of my friends. They are compensated much the same way as yours for their kindness.

I didn't imply a thing. You chose to take it that way. 

Enjoy your SL. It's the only SL you've got. And no that doesn't imply anything either. I simply modified Joe Bastardi's closing statement for his forecasts on AccuWeather.

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Forgot you were Omega. Going to keep the peace for free?

How can I not?

And the pack has to protect you in return, as the precious resource that you are.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And the pack has to protect you in return, as the precious resource that you are.

You've been reading the Alpha and Omega series or the Mercy Thompson series, haven't you. :D

You've been reading the Alpha and Omega series or the Mercy Thompson series, haven't you. :D

Hmm..lots and lots of shifter series. Mostly M/M, some M/M/M. Omega is often a trope where they start out meek and abused by a pack leader, then are liberated when someone good takes over the pack.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm..lots and lots of shifter series. Mostly M/M, some M/M/M. Omega is often a trope where they start out meek and abused by a pack leader, then are liberated when someone good takes over the pack.

Yeah... good thing that isn't how it works in the real world. Thankfully.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Hey there selene you can have all my land!!!!!!!   Oh wait, I don't have any.  hehe    But I would give u some if I could!

I appreciate the thought! Thank you! 

I have to admit that I am finding more "good people" in SL in the past few months than I have in all the years I've been a resident. Definitely not going to complain about that! xD

• Like 1