Computer use

NayNayFaith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

Firestorm and I believe i mentioned SL in my post. and as far as a tinker toy I am talking about a pretty high end desktop, not a 5 year old potato. Its pretty well documented this " game " is not optimized at all and it will drag a high end PC down So I will have to assume whatever you are running it on was crafted at Hogwarts.

It's not the "game" - it's the content - which is created by other users. Give Catznip a go, I get much better performance from it than I do Firestorm, though your mileage may vary. As for being a "fat pig" -the viewer footprint of (even the fat Firestorm) on your hard disk is a helluvalot leaner that 90% of the apps you have. So... it may not be a tinker toy you use, but still a hand-shovel in comparison to what you should have, based on your description of performance, perhaps.~shrugs~

Edited by Alyona Su

4 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

Firestorm and I believe i mentioned SL in my post. and as far as a tinker toy I am talking about a pretty high end desktop, not a 5 year old potato. Its pretty well documented this " game " is not optimized at all and it will drag a high end PC down So I will have to assume whatever you are running it on was crafted at Hogwarts.

Actually, I do have what you call a "5 year old potato":

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (1761.42 MHz)
Memory: 15927 MB
OS Version: Linux 5.2.11-1-default #1 SMP Thu Aug 29 06:41:19 UTC 2019 (6385110) x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 950/PCIe/SSE2

And I can run *any* viewer (Windows-only viewers via PlayOnLinux) just fine, thank you very much! 😈

1 hour ago, Sorciaa said:

Mine must have been crafted at Hogwarts then.

ASUS M51BC Series
Windows 10 Home 64bit
AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor, 3.3 GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
RAM 24 GB
ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 OC 2GB

Obviously I've replaced the graphics card and upgraded to Win10.

https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/M51BC/

And yes, I use FS. 

Edited by Selene Gregoire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.