Anyone into kawaii and(or)Alternative fashion?

PinkMilkyWay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there!

So I was wondering if anyone is into Lolita,pastel goth,kawaii,or any other alternative fashions out there,as I don’t really know a lot of people on here that are into things as such.Alternative fashion has been a little hobby of mine here on second life so if anyone have any interests in any kind of fashion subculture or anything out of the norm fashion related,which kind do you prefer?I for one am pretty versatile when it comes to Alternative fashion and it’s subcultures and like pretty much of everything!Well except for a few...😅

Heyo~ I'm the mentioned friend. I also am into kawaii fashion; specifically lolita, decora-kei, and pastel casual/chic. My wardrobe leans on the between and extreme ends of preppy-street or vintage-casual -- but I also take some influence from goth, bohemian, and pagan aesthetics. I do most of my "shopping" through online-browsing -- keeping track of various creators' flickrs and seraphim to try to find things that fit into the kawaii aesthetic.

There's a small pool of creators within that genre, and because of how niche it is their releases tend to be very sparse.

Personally, I've been having a hard time finding creators (new or old) who keep to kawaii fashion. A lot of the best-known "kawaii" creators are changing demographic focus -- veering into more modern, urbane/metropolitan and body-con looks, or turning towards lingerie and cosplay outfits. Some have put apparel on a back-burner to focus on making accessories, decor, skins, and cosmetics. There seemed to be a boom in the genre between 2016 to 2018, but it has trickled off since then -- not as many creators are dedicated to "kawaii apparel" alone at least.

If you are looking for stores, I know of a good few, I'll put them in a bullet-list and you can peruse at your leisure :)

• Parfait
  • Hime-Dream
  • Cherryish
  • Ringo Hana
  • Altair
  • Mikunch
    • (creator seems to be on hiatus)
  • Zenith & The Mystic
  • MomoChuu
  • MOMOKO
  • DAZED
  • Chu-ing
  • Amitomo
    • (only recently switched to fitted mesh)
  • ON-LINE
    • (previously Sue-Cream)
  • Sweet Thing
  • C'est La Vie
  • Pixicat
  • Vincue
  • DarkEnd Stare
  • G-Field
  • EVIE
  • Insomnia Angel
    • (previously Konpeitou)
  • Violent Seduction
  • Cubic Cherry
  • Caboodle
  • Kururu
  • HornTail
  • Nomi
Edited by KirinGale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2019 at 7:37 AM, PinkMilkyWay said:

Hello there!

So I was wondering if anyone is into Lolita,pastel goth,kawaii,or any other alternative fashions out there,as I don’t really know a lot of people on here that are into things as such.Alternative fashion has been a little hobby of mine here on second life so if anyone have any interests in any kind of fashion subculture or anything out of the norm fashion related,which kind do you prefer?I for one am pretty versatile when it comes to Alternative fashion and it’s subcultures and like pretty much of everything!Well except for a few...😅

Edited by Kelli Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.