Seeking Roleplaying Instructors and More!

Kaleia Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

West Coast University is looking for more personnel to instruct classes at the Campus. Also looking for people to fulfill the Fire Department and Clinic Roleplay positions. 

Currently Taken: Biology, Intro to Medicine, Vocab Workshop, Business Literature, Music and Creative Writing. 

Would Like: Mathematics, Fashion Class, Building, Sciences, Language Arts, Culinary Arts, Agricultural, and more. 

Also looking for Club and Sports sponsors. Contact Siera MacIntyre for details. 

Apply Here: https://westcoastuniversity.squarespace.com/become-a-instructor

Visit us Here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/West Coast/104/45/23

For Fire and Clinic: Contact Kylewforrester resident

Is there RL $ U.S. pay for this? Based on the application the rules and requirements sure insinuate that.

If not then I suspect you'd get a lot more takers if you drop that application nonsense and cover those rules and requirements during a personal interview, the same way it's done in real life. You won't scare-off most people that way.

16 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Is there RL $ U.S. pay for this? Based on the application the rules and requirements sure insinuate that.

If not then I suspect you'd get a lot more takers if you drop that application nonsense and cover those rules and requirements during a personal interview, the same way it's done in real life. You won't scare-off most people that way.

I'm not sure why you seem peeved about them having an application. That is pretty standard, especially for people who take their SL businesses seriously. 

That said, it would be helpful if the op would post salary, if any, in this post.

8 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

I'm not sure why you seem peeved about them having an application. That is pretty standard, especially for people who take their SL businesses seriously. 

That said, it would be helpful if the op would post salary, if any, in this post.

If my comment makes me seem "peeved" then that impression is what you project into it. The information about salary, schedule time, work hours per week/day, etc. These are requisites for "job postings" before expecting anyone to do the *work* of filling in application forms, etc. I, as someone who may be interested in one of the *role-play* (read: playtime fun, not WORK) "jobs" shouldn't't be asked to do non-role-play *work* then find out the return on my investment of time and effort are a complete waste.

I will give kudos for posting , what I believe are strict-for-role-play, rules the applicant must follow. I say strict because they seem a bit ham-fisted for a simple role-play scenario by the way they are presented (i.e. "you MUST, rather than "you should," or "we request," etc.,) which is why it gave rise to the question whether this is a non-role-play "for real" job in SL (which DO exist) because, to me, that's the only explanation for it.

See? Genuine, legitimate question that you perceive as a disgruntled comment. This is why you should never inject your feelings into something written by another.

Edited by Alyona Su

14 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

That is pretty standard, especially for people who take their SL businesses seriously. 

I second this... And if people don't take the application and interview seriously, they're not serious about the job. SL or not, RP or not, the commitment must be real if the prospective employee and business is to succeed.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, Alyona Su said:

drop that application nonsense and cover those rules and requirements during a personal interview, the same way it's done in real life. You won't scare-off most people that way.

I also took your message as peeved due to your own choice of words. So perhaps before you critique others on their choice of language, perhaps consider your own and how it might be perceived..? 

I will also add that I don't see a single thing wrong with the OP's job application. Any decent and serious job description, in SL and DEFINITELY in RL, should include the job requirements and basic expectations for a prospective applicant. Waiting to share that information until the time of interview is honestly a pretty ridiculous idea, as you are wasting not only your time as the employer, but also the time of the applicant. She also states that instructors create their own schedules. And if someone truly considers filling out an application for a job (roleplay or not) as "work", well, why are they even looking for a job? 🙄

OP, if I had an ounce of available time, I would love to come and teach! I remember your original posts when you were just considering starting a rp university and looking for a business partner. I stopped by campus the other day and thought it looked awesome. I think you're doing a great job- keep it up!!! 😁 Ignore those who just seem to criticize. There's definitely a few of them on these forums...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PandoriaMoonshadow said:

I also took your message as peeved due to your own choice of words. So perhaps before you critique others on their choice of language, perhaps consider your own and how it might be perceived..? 

I write to communicate, how you perceive it entirely in your control. ~shrugs~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.