Problem with Bots on my Parcel

Unity SecretSpy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Unfortunately this would be useless for there is NO WAY of obtaining a special parcel you have chosen.

What ever you get and however often you try for another parcel you will allways be given one RANDOMLY.

this is true about random and no guarantee

what a coordinated bot parcel spotter and web refresh page program can do is reduce the time window in which the refresh part needs to be active

as a programming exercise it is kinda interesting in how something like this could be done.  A small army of bot spotters deployed to monitor specific desired parcels. The refresh component when activated in response to a bot spotter signal, using the actual named account of the Premium paying resident

when so then can basically set the program running and then forget about it until the person gets from a list of desired parcels, a parcel they want

is all speculation by me what the reported bots are doing tho.  It could be anything from some random person with a bot farm program that has gone wonky to a random person who has nothing better to do than shove bots into peoples homes for the lulz

• Confused 1

Most are born on the date of 5/12

Then others are born at 4/25

I banned them all and since last few hours I recogniced those, who were born on 6/30

Who knows, what and who is coming after I have banned all of the 6/30ers too 🙄

There was one blank profile popping up at the same place in my kitchen, which was around 368 days old. Maybe the "main" of that person. This profile is shown as "offline" to me as opposed to the others.

But yes, I guess you are dealing with the same person, who is running those bots @fairlyprincess

Edited by Unity SecretSpy
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

this is true about random and no guarantee

what a coordinated bot parcel spotter and web refresh page program can do is reduce the time window in which the refresh part needs to be active

as a programming exercise it is kinda interesting in how something like this could be done.  A small army of bot spotters deployed to monitor specific desired parcels. The refresh component when activated in response to a bot spotter signal, using the actual named account of the Premium paying resident

when so then can basically set the program running and then forget about it until the person gets from a list of desired parcels, a parcel they want

is all speculation by me what the reported bots are doing tho.  It could be anything from some random person with a bot farm program that has gone wonky to a random person who has nothing better to do than shove bots into peoples homes for the lulz

Sounds very complicated to me. Much adoo for minimum advantages.

If I desire say 10 parcels and have an army of bots monitoring them, even if they visit every parcel every hour 24/7  the chances are minimal that I get wise to the parcel being abandoned and start refreshing BEFORE one of the many people around the globe who allready ARE refreshing at any given moment snatches it are minimal!! Aren't they?

On the other hand the chances that I annoy the person living there to an extend that she may abandon the plot is much bigger .... but the biggest chance is thar they AR - and start a thread like this one ;) - resulting in me being found out and thrown out of SL alltogether! *lol*

Edited by Leora Jacobus

21 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

specific desired parcels

I don't know why they should desire my parcel, in fact, it is not my favorite place I want to live in, It is directly beside a road on flat land, no beach or mountains in sight. It's one of the first sims released in the first week in Bellisseria, less landscaping etc.

In fact I want to abandon it since a very long time and maybe find a "better" one. But I'm very lazy to do that "constantly refresh page thing" and I'm afk very often, so I decided to wait for a few months when they already released more sims and maybe we have more options to choose between homes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Unity SecretSpy said:

I don't know why they should desire my parcel, in fact, it is not my favorite place I want to live in, It is directly beside a road on flat land, no beach or mountains in sight. It's one of the first sims created in the first week in Bellisseria, less landscaping etc.

yes.  Thomas also since came into the thread and posted that he is getting the same thing happening in his home. Lots of bots. So (the discussion about automated bot refresh aside) is more leaning toward either bot army gone wonky or bot army gone lulz

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

yes.  Thomas also since came into the thread and posted that he is getting the same thing happening in his home. Lots of bots. So (the discussion about automated bot refresh aside) is more leaning toward either bot army gone wonky or bot army gone lulz

As I mentioned in my earlier post, they have turned up on my mainland parcel too. Neither parcels are in the centre of the region.

Having placed the list of names I have collected on my Bellisseria parcel's ban list they cannot enter at all now, and any that show up on my mainland parcel that aren’t on my list are added on my next login.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In my German SL Forum they discuss about bots that turn up beside them too but that is not LH land but rented parcels. Some of them have these same mentioned birthdates.

So might it be that whatever their aim is that has nothing to do with Bellisseria but they just go everywhere on every region randomly?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

So might it be that whatever their aim is that has nothing to do with Bellisseria but they just go everywhere on every region randomly?

I don't think its random because, with the exception of one time, they always tp into the exact same spot in my living room...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fairlyprincess said:

I don't think its random because, with the exception of one time, they always tp into the exact same spot in my living room...

Yes, same here, always the same place in my kitchen. I did block teleports into my home in the settings and after that they were porting always directly BESIDE my parcel. They do have a permanent route.

@Leora Jacobus that link to that thread is VERY interesting ,a user mentioned some nicknames and MOST of them + their date of birth do sound VERY familiar to me!

So this problem is happening in different places all over the grid, not only in Bellisseria. But obviously the bots are controlled by one or two persons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fairlyprincess said:

I do not doubt that they seem to be focussed on special places.

I never saw any of them though I do use visitorlists and would have noticed even if I am not online.

Only this special places seem to be randomly chose, because any Belliseria reason (favourite plots, harassing people out of them, snatching then, autostarting the autorefresh) do not explain the same bots popping up in mainland or homesteads or rented land.

Therer must be the same intention behind them all I feel.

• Like 1

I'd been getting flooded with these 3 month old bots on my rented parcel away from Bellisseria. They only ever popped up on my parcel, and it drove me nuts. I was not in the center of the region. Prior to those I had a bunch of 10 yr old bots popping up, many of whom I banned from the land.

They are incredibly annoying. =/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Unity SecretSpy said:

Iwho has got the same problem with bots popping up beside her, no matter where she goes.

Is she SURE that she is not wearing something that is calling them?  It could be a hair or a set of eyes or a collar or a piece of clothing.  Seriously.

If she can be convinced to wear an avatar out of the library for a little bit, no extra huds or ANYTHING, I'll betcha it stops.

The only other way she can be tracked like this is if she has friended a bad person and given them permission to see her location on the map.  If she is into any sort of D/S activity, she may have done that; it is commonly demanded in those circles.  Not a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

Is she SURE that she is not wearing something that is calling them?  It could be a hair or a set of eyes or a collar or a piece of clothing.  Seriously.

If she can be convinced to wear an avatar out of the library for a little bit, no extra huds or ANYTHING, I'll betcha it stops.

The only other way she can be tracked like this is if she has friended a bad person and given them permission to see her location on the map.  If she is into any sort of D/S activity, she may have done that; it is commonly demanded in those circles.  Not a good idea.

I'm sure it will be something like that. Because if it would be possible to follow ANY person to any place without any permission ... That would be a disaster for the community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Out of curiosity, I think it is time I drop a visitor tracker on all my lands.  It might be quite interesting to see what shows up.

This line is in the LH covenant, though.

*Linden Homes do not include traffic tracking.

I'm not sure that has stopped anyone from using visitor counters, and in the case of bot tracking, I don't think it should.

But PLEASE people DO NOT USE those ancient freebie visitor trackers that use llSensor, unless you set it to, like, 5 meters.  Even then, they are lag monsters.

Here's a freebie that will record and count the number of visits to your parcel by each visitor each day.  It uses a much lower lag method of detecting visitor.  I haven't tested it myself, but Pussycat Catnap is fairly reputable :)  If someone uses it and has problems, well I have my own parcel tracking script that I can give you, but I bet Pussycat's is just fine, and I'm sure its simpler.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Visitor-Tracking-Script-free-fullperms-By-Parcel-Landowner-or-Region-UPDATE-392016/8125839

Edited by Nika Talaj

6 hours ago, Unity SecretSpy said:

Placed an orb which is teleporting them home instantly now.

Please do not do that.  There's no point getting yourself in trouble for violating the Linden Homes covenant. Use a visitor counter to collect names and times of the bot visitors and report them in an AR so Linden Lab can deal with them.  If this guy really is a griefer, he'd like nothing better than to sucker you into doing something dumb that will get you in trouble.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

This line is in the LH covenant, though.

I'm not sure that has stopped anyone from using visitor counters, and in the case of bot tracking, I don't think it should.

But PLEASE people DO NOT USE those ancient freebie visitor trackers that use llSensor, unless you set it to, like, 5 meters.  Even then, they are lag monsters.

Here's a freebie that will record and count the number of visits to your parcel by a given avatar each day.  It uses a much lower lag method of detecting visitor.  I haven't tested it myself, but Pussycat Catnap is fairly reputable :)  If someone uses it and has problems, well I have my own parcel tracking script that I can give you, but I bet Pussycat's is just fine, and I'm sure its simpler.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Visitor-Tracking-Script-free-fullperms-By-Parcel-Landowner-or-Region-UPDATE-392016/8125839

I believe the covenant is saying that the LL homes won't track traffic -- for when you search places and sort by traffic.   

I don't think there is any prohibition to tracking traffic yourself for personal usage.

Thanks for the MP link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Please do not do that.  There's no point getting yourself in trouble for violating the Linden Homes covenant. Use a visitor counter to collect names and times of the bot visitors and report them in an AR so Linden Lab can deal with them.  If this guy really is a griefer, he'd like nothing better than to sucker you into doing something dumb that will get you in trouble.

The one I got is placed in my kitchen and is directly placed at bots "spawnpoint". It has a range of 5 meters and isnt interupting any people who are on the street around my house or neighbour's parcel. I tested it with alts. It's just for my place in the kitchen. As I said, I'm a really jumpy person and everytime somebody is appearing unexpected beside me, I'm kinda shocked.

Anyways, I will leave the ground now for a skybox again, though I did spend two weeks with decorating with all of my lifeblood (even did spend 400L$ for one of those nice LH -Addons). But I just want to have peace for now. I will leave a visitor tracker on ground, so I can collect more names and maybe, next week, starting to find another parcel. Or maybe I will block the teleports to my house again and let them pop up beside my home, but that means me and my friends will also land beside my home. We will see.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.