Problem with Bots on my Parcel

Unity SecretSpy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

Or how insane some people are getting about getting the perfect home in the perfect location.

In any case, it's a symptom of competitive behavior in an environment of scarcity.  Personally, I still believe that most people are honest and fair, but I know that it's easy to do some things that create stress for others unintentionally.  I am quite sure that I have been guilty of that myself occasionally, and I don't think of myself as "aggressive".  I suspect that Linden Lab would not drop the ban hammer on an aggressive bot handler, but if your ARs tickle the Lab into using a velvet hammer to discourage the behavior, it would be a welcome step.  🙄

• Like 4

Question, for those who are having bot issues, is your house in the middle of the region? Perhaps they are enter a region name and just ending up in your house because it was unfortunately placed directly in the center of the region. I really wish the moles would double check that nobody's property sits right on the center of the region for that reason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

Question, for those who are having bot issues, is your house in the middle of the region? Perhaps they are enter a region name and just ending up in your house because it was unfortunately placed directly in the center of the region. I really wish the moles would double check that nobody's property sits right on the center of the region for that reason.

No, my home is not in the center of the region

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

Neither is mine, it's located south-east on the sim.

2 hours ago, Unity SecretSpy said:

My theory would be, that those bots might be from users looking for new homes in Bellisseria. Because they all are 116 days or 133 days old (Made shortly after the first sims were released) and look like starter avatars.  Maybe to annoy others to give up on their land, idk. But that's only a theory.

if we take the most generous view of this then I think that the person who owns these bots is checking for parcels that they are most interested in obtaining for themselves

i think also the inworld bots are coordinated with a Linden Homes web page refresh program. I think also that when a inworld bot detects that the parcel has been abandoned then the web page refresh program is activated

if this is the case then I would suggest to the bot owner that it is not necessary to rez on the parcel to detect this info. You can detect PARCEL_DETAILS_OWNER from any position on the region, so put your bot(s) in the sky on a public LDPW parcel

when you (bot owner) don't do this (now that you know, if you didn't already) then the ungenerous view is that you have chosen to harass the residents who  live on the parcels that you are wanting for yourself

• Like 5

• Moles
3 minutes ago, Brilynn Roussel said:

I have both my LL provided security set for 15 seconds and my Casper set for 20 seconds. These bots are able to stay for 23 seconds according to the Casper panel before getting ejected. The LL orb doesn't seem to be working at all.

Or the Casper orb took its most recent snapshot of who's in range before the Linden Lab took its snapshot.  If so, it may have detected a bot that arrived just before the Linden Lab orb looked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

if we take the most generous view of this then I think that the person who owns these bots is checking for parcels that they are most interested in obtaining for themselves

i think also the inworld bots are coordinated with a Linden Homes web page refresh program. I think also that when a inworld bot detects that the parcel has been abandoned then the web page refresh program is activated

I guess I'm ungenerous, because I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of doing this for parcels for themselves. But maybe someone is doing this who will subsequently sell the parcel, with a premium account, to someone. If this is what's happening, it IS hard to understand why they'd be doing this instead of what you suggest, Molly;  bot manufacturers presumably know their way around a script. 

But maybe it's just some jerk who bought a bunch of bots and has a keylogger?

OTOH, Google isn't showing me anyone offering to sell LHs.  Possibly I just don't know where to look.  Equally possible, I guess, is that weirdo bot visits are happening all the time all over the grid, a form of general SL griefing.  I've never noticed it, tho.  LL is probably aware, if that's the case.

But if somebody is taking advantage of current LH scarcity to systematically acquire & sell LH parcels,  @Patch Linden , I really don't think this should be handled by customer service chasing individual AR reports.  Someone should pool the data from these ARs, trace these bots and eliminate the source.  Betcha these bots are unregistered.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I've been getting these at my home in Templeby as well. They are not Tyche's bots, and are as said all a bit over 100 days old. My home is along the edge of the region, so they are not landing in the middle of the region. Given that I am one of the people running the Bellisseria Community group, I would prefer not to have to have security on all the time, but I'm seeing at least 10 bots a day pop in. They do not speak, they do not rotate. They stay there for a minute or so then leave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, ThomasHooker said:

I've been getting these at my home in Templeby as well. ... at least 10 bots a day pop in

seems is getting pretty murky with the number of people reporting these bots.  Like Nika says above lets hope that Linden will investigate and speak to the bot owner with the view to have the bot owner modify their behaviour

whichever the motives of the bot owner their activity is causing people distress (as mentioned in this thread by some posters affected) with these automated home invasions. And if for no other reason then I think Linden should take this seriously

• Like 3

Or could they be ... oh, this would be hilarious ... could they be ...

DUH DUH DUH

... Land Bots????

It's been so long since I thought about Land Bots that I've totally forgotten what their purpose originally was.   Could they be Land Bots whose owner neglected to ever shoo them away from LH regions?  LH regions are, indeed, Linden-owned, but a bot would never find land to buy there!  But it would explain why I've never seen this frequency of bots, because I and my cohorts have been spending nearly all our time on private island estates.

I'm visualizing a server deep in a closet somewhere, automatically starting up a farm of land bots every time the closet reboots, whose owner has long since gone away to college or even shuffled off this mortal coil ...

But did they ever return

No they never returned

And their names are still unlearned

They may ride forever through the lands of Linden

They're the bots who never returned

The bots who never returned!

(apologies to Charlie & the MTA)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

If I recall correctly, before building they put a green marker for the center point in every region so they don't put a house on it. So the center is (or should be) on Linden land (road, common area, etc.) In all my bouncing around I haven't found a home in the region center yet. But I could be wrong; I haven't been to all of them yet!

• Thanks 1

Good morning all,

Eight hours of sleep and after logging into my home, already FOUR! new nonsense 117 days old accounts on my kitchen visitors list. Time to fill an AR. I collected enough names now.

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I guess I'm ungenerous, because I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of doing this for parcels for themselves. But maybe someone is doing this who will subsequently sell the parcel, with a premium account, to someone. If this is what's happening, it IS hard to understand why they'd be doing this instead of what you suggest, Molly;  bot manufacturers presumably know their way around a script. 

But maybe it's just some jerk who bought a bunch of bots and has a keylogger?

OTOH, Google isn't showing me anyone offering to sell LHs.  Possibly I just don't know where to look.  Equally possible, I guess, is that weirdo bot visits are happening all the time all over the grid, a form of general SL griefing.  I've never noticed it, tho.  LL is probably aware, if that's the case.

But if somebody is taking advantage of current LH scarcity to systematically acquire & sell LH parcels,  @Patch Linden , I really don't think this should be handled by customer service chasing individual AR reports.  Someone should pool the data from these ARs, trace these bots and eliminate the source.  Betcha these bots are unregistered.

My friend inworld had the same guess.

While I'm sitting in my kitchen and observing the situation, another now 67 days old blank, no payment info on file account is popping into my kitchen. The person seems to run an army of bots with different ages.

God, the traffic on my parcel is like the one of a small or bad running club or store lol.

Ar filled with a list of names, people who encounter the same problem in their homes, should do the same.

Edited by Unity SecretSpy
  • Like 5

I also dont think the bots are only checking if the parcel is abandoned. If i would have that intention, i would rez my bots at 500 meters, right between sea level and the skyboxes, to make it very unlikely being spotted without the radar.

58 minutes ago, Unity SecretSpy said:

God, the traffic on my parcel is like the one of a small or bad running club or store lol

Some club owners would be sooo happy :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ThomasHooker said:

I've been getting these at my home in Templeby as well. They are not Tyche's bots, and are as said all a bit over 100 days old. My home is along the edge of the region, so they are not landing in the middle of the region. Given that I am one of the people running the Bellisseria Community group, I would prefer not to have to have security on all the time, but I'm seeing at least 10 bots a day pop in. They do not speak, they do not rotate. They stay there for a minute or so then leave.

Your house used to belong to my friend Quiet. She said she only ever noticed someone random popping into her house once but maybe she just missed most of them. We both noticed that the lot seemed to have high traffic for how often she used it. I'm really bummed that this is happening to you.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

This is a very interesting thread for me, especially the post in which one user mentioned, where those bots might be coming from plus that would be a known problem even on the LH sims.

Another one popping up in my kitchen. Again 67 days old, blank profile, no payment info on file, strange name generated by a name generator. Seems the person is running out of 117 days and 134 days old avatars now, because I'm banning them all. Placed an orb which is teleporting them home instantly now.

I forgot to mention that if you click on those profiles, you will see that they are online 24/7. Or nearly.

Been dealing with the same bots tp'ing into my living room for awhile now, 8/22 i actually started keeping track..  i got bored and stopped a couple of days ago..  looks like i have 11 bots with three birthdates...  i've had a couple of them enter into my draw distance in places far away from Bellisseria.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

if we take the most generous view of this then I think that the person who owns these bots is checking for parcels that they are most interested in obtaining for themselves...

Unfortunately this would be useless for there is NO WAY of obtaining a special parcel you have chosen.

What ever you get and however often you try for another parcel you will allways be given one RANDOMLY.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fairlyprincess said:

Been dealing with the same bots tp'ing into my living room for awhile now, 8/22 i actually started keeping track..  i got bored and stopped a couple of days ago..  looks like i have 11 bots with three birthdates...  i've had a couple of them enter into my draw distance in places far away from Bellisseria.. 

If you ban them from your land, other ones with other birthdates will be showing up. For me atm those are the ones created 67 (68 now)  days ago. There is a girl in the german forum, who has got the same problem with bots popping up beside her, no matter where she goes.

10 minutes ago, Unity SecretSpy said:

If you ban them from your land, other ones with other birthdates will be showing up. For me atm those are the ones created 67 days ago. There is a girl in the german forum, who has got the same problem with bots popping up beside her, no matter where she goes.

you are saying that after banning, you are dealing with more than the 4/25,  5/12, and 6/30 bots?

I'm still under the assumption that them entering my draw distance was coincidence and just mentioned it to say they are showing up in places besides Bellisseria..

Edited by fairlyprincess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.