So, I was trying out a new Sansar update and was greeted with some new AVs to choose from...

0c6e63c25eed3c566580c78d5479107b.thumb.png.f33397cd61fb0ac0034451490d38a6a0.png

9f6f7cde289a30e7f27ac45c739c11dd.thumb.png.0edcb78006b4e1f16693893949339bbd.png

Err umm I'm not exactly sure what to make of these presets. They seem too artificial or something.

Anyways, you get into the character editing and you have direct character manipulation (only head though, not body)...

ezgif-2-48e546e1a79d.gif.fe80822c7666be2d0b1ca3936e70c4a1.gif

• Haha 4

And it should be noted that folks that purchased rigged items previously in Sansar are getting a refund.  

Honestly I was pretty impressed with this move but I haven't been over reading chatter in a very long while so maybe there was an outcry. Still a nice offering. 

image.png.f1df5c5dbedad7b171abc20671fb3185.png

With the Sansar update the term Experiences has been dropped. Now they are called Worlds.
I was not impressed with avatar 2.0. They look kind of weird - alien. Avatar movement (walking) is as bad as it has been all the time - not smooth.

• Like 1

Uncanny valley's claymation rejects. Is there a stress doll feature that lets you smash their entire heads in so you can watch them reform?

• Haha 5

I'm lost for words.
These look so bad.
I'm going to have nightmares.
It's like stepping back to 2005 in SL  :D
This should have been released on April 1st.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 9/4/2019 at 3:38 PM, Kurshie Muromachi said:

So, I was trying out a new Sansar update and was greeted with some new AVs to choose from...

0c6e63c25eed3c566580c78d5479107b.thumb.png.f33397cd61fb0ac0034451490d38a6a0.png

9f6f7cde289a30e7f27ac45c739c11dd.thumb.png.0edcb78006b4e1f16693893949339bbd.png

Err umm I'm not exactly sure what to make of these presets. They seem too artificial or something.

Anyways, you get into the character editing and you have direct character manipulation (only head though, not body)...

ezgif-2-48e546e1a79d.gif.fe80822c7666be2d0b1ca3936e70c4a1.gif

This makes me want to cry. 

There is not one I'd feel comfortable inhabiting.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

And it should be noted that folks that purchased rigged items previously in Sansar are getting a refund.  

Honestly I was pretty impressed with this move but I haven't been over reading chatter in a very long while so maybe there was an outcry. Still a nice offering. 

image.png.f1df5c5dbedad7b171abc20671fb3185.png

No, no outcry. Linden Lab just did the right thing for once 😉

Pfft...you  only spent S$346?? I got back S$3,835 back! 😉 Compared to you I went on a shopping spree!!

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/05/reminder-check-your-email-for-your-sansar-dollar-refund/

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Haha 1

And I complained, LOUDLY, about the proportions of the default Sansar female Avatar 2.0 in particular. So did many others. Everybody looks emaciated and stylized now.

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/04/editorial-moving-from-avatar-1-0-to-avatar-2-0-in-sansar-a-look-at-the-gains-and-losses-and-why-linden-lab-has-made-a-horrible-mistake-with-the-new-default-female-avatar-2-0/

However, Landon Linden says that they are looking at implementing body morphing, similar to the new facial deformation buttons, within the next 4-6 months.

6 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

No, no outcry. Linden Lab just did the right thing for once 😉

Pfft...you  only spent S$346?? I got back S$3,835 back! 😉 Compared to you I went on a shopping spree!!

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/05/reminder-check-your-email-for-your-sansar-dollar-refund/

I just went over.  The Nexus is lovely.   I had some "issues" but will write those up in a bit.

Meanwhile here is Chic 2.0 in Sansar with her OLD clothes on and I still had my glasses which are oversized but stylish.  

image.thumb.png.ee7bdce082ee942d1cb615fa92d29e44.png

The lighting and pose in the dressing room is WAY better -- especially for vendor photos. That may not be new, it's been months since I logged in. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

I just went over.  The Nexus is lovely.   I had some "issues" but will write those up in a bit.

Meanwhile here is Chic 2.0 in Sansar with her OLD clothes on and I still had my glasses which are oversized but stylish.  

WORK it, girl! You look fabulous!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

And I complained, LOUDLY, about the proportions of the default Sansar female Avatar 2.0 in particular. So did many others. Everybody looks emaciated and stylized now.

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/04/editorial-moving-from-avatar-1-0-to-avatar-2-0-in-sansar-a-look-at-the-gains-and-losses-and-why-linden-lab-has-made-a-horrible-mistake-with-the-new-default-female-avatar-2-0/

However, Landon Linden says that they are looking at implementing body morphing, similar to the new facial deformation buttons, within the next 4-6 months.

I have always been a fan of androgyny, so no huge outcry from me. She could use some extra poundage though for sure.   New skin (that is supposed to be possible now I think) and hair (the two things I bought that I remember) will help.   I won't be creating, but I may put my glasses back up to cover up those AWFUL eyes LOL.  

17 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The lighting and pose in the dressing room is WAY better -- especially for vendor photos. That may not be new, it's been months since I logged in. 

I have taken the liberty of using your picture in my latest blogpost, about Ravioli's new line of Thiccmarize shapewear:

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/06/sansar-store-spotlight-thiccmarize-shapewear-by-ravioli/

Thanks! 🙂

6 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

I have taken the liberty of using your picture in my latest blogpost, about Ravioli's new line of Thiccmarize shapewear:

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/06/sansar-store-spotlight-thiccmarize-shapewear-by-ravioli/

Thanks! 🙂

Well I am not sure I am 'flattered' but it's fine LOL.    I didn't realize those were raviolli's. So the idea is to wear those under your MD clothes and the MD clothes will adjust?   

BTW I'll put this here for everyone ---- those bracelets that you bought before I closed my store (which by the way didn't really get closed it seems and that is where that money came from :D) were "depreciated" by Linden Lab, so they KNEW there was an issue. Some things must have changed over time. The ones that ended up way too big for you were some of my first.  I have taken off the things that don't work from my "still there" store and I am going through wearables now and finding old things that still work or work with MINIMAL adjusting in the clothes editor.  And I am going to put those up and edit as there aren't that many usable items for wearables at the moment. 

And also good to note that once a garment is in an outfit it doesn't need to be adjusted again.   

21 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well I am not sure I am 'flattered' but it's fine LOL.    I didn't realize those were raviolli's. So the idea is to wear those under your MD clothes and the MD clothes will adjust?   

BTW I'll put this here for everyone ---- those bracelets that you bought before I closed my store (which by the way didn't really get closed it seems and that is where that money came from :D) were "depreciated" by Linden Lab, so they KNEW there was an issue. Some things must have changed over time. The ones that ended up way too big for you were some of my first.  I have taken off the things that don't work from my "still there" store and I am going through wearables now and finding old things that still work or work with MINIMAL adjusting in the clothes editor.  And I am going to put those up and edit as there aren't that many usable items for wearables at the moment. 

And also good to note that once a garment is in an outfit it doesn't need to be adjusted again.   

Thanks! I knew you wouldn't mind. And you make the new default Sansar female avatar look GOOD, I must admit! I'm a little jealous. Did you make that dress? 😉

There are now two lines of shapewear in Sansar, one by Daisy Winthorpe which are MD-created top and bottom attachments you wear, simulate, freeze, THEN wear your clothing over them, simulate and freeze the clothing, THEN you simply remove the shapewear to keep the curves. Ravioli's is a rigged, single body attachment for the default Sansar Avatar 2.0 avatar, which comes in 5 colours to match the default skintones. It is meant to be worn with your outfit, and you can even have a peek of your bust or butt showing and it looks natural!

Links are here:

Daisy WInthorpe: https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/05/sansar-users-are-you-unhappy-with-the-new-default-avatar-2-0-female-avatar-market-forces-to-the-rescue/

Ravioli: https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/06/sansar-store-spotlight-thiccmarize-shapewear-by-ravioli/

And I am *SO* glad you are reopening your store/brand in Sansar! Welcome back 🙂

Edited by Vanity Fair

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

Thanks! I knew you wouldn't mind. And you make the new default Sansar female avatar look GOOD, I must admit! I'm a little jealous. Did you make that dress? 😉

Thanks. Yes, I think she looks good. I am glad there are CHOICES now (read you post) but honestly I like my gal way better than your "shaped" one --- but we all have different views.  

It is a top and skirt and yes made them about a year ago. I have been going through inventory and deleting things AND putting things back on the Markeplace, TESTED things that I know are easy to adjust (unless you are brand new of course) and work with the new avatar. AMAZINGLY --- and this is important -- the adjuster was fixed in the night. Last night I had tons of things that didn't even attach to the avatar anywhere NEAR closely to where they would need to be to adjust. Sleeves did NOT go onto arms for example, but this early morn it is MUCH better. I have NO IDEA WHY THEY DIDN'T TEST THIS (that is the retired multi-media web gal speaking there loudly). But it is fixed (whew). 

Even this complex jogger outfit works now with not much tweaking! 

image.thumb.png.e5190aa8ccd3859eb7074213f6b1fb10.png

And I am *SO* glad you are reopening your store/brand in Sansar! Welcome back 🙂

Thanks. I have been putting up clothes from my inventory today. Quick job and SO like the new (to me) changing room. What happened --- and why I have that money in my account unexpectedly is that while I unlisted everything before exiting the building, and it LOOKED like everything was gone (I did check), that didn't take somehow. Maybe they did a rollback on the store right after I left?  No clue. So I "had" a store still all this time.  LOL.  Oh well. 

I am putting up the old things very cheaply so that folks can have choices. And there are demos when I still have demos in my inventory.  Honestly buying clothing without demos just bothers me BIG TIME.

I am very happy you are happy with your new shape.   I am good with mine LOL.   

Edited by Chic Aeon

14 hours ago, AlexandriaBrangwin said:

It pretty much killed the platform!

Oh it wasn't just that that did it...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AlexandriaBrangwin said:

It pretty much killed the platform!

That really shows off the problems. Mine weren't near as bad as what you show. I have a lot of things that work just fine with a few pulls up on the shoulders. As far as I can tell the issue is partly the maker's fault (that means me also). The more snug the clothing (and MD will let you make clothing that is definitely stretched over the avatar) the more likely that it will no longer work.    Most of my later garments are fine, and my "starting out" garments not so much LOL.  So not completely the fault of the change and the adjuster. 

Also it should be noted (and I just found this out late this afternoon AFTER I had deleted all my earrings that weren't fitting) that there is a way to adjust the MESH accessories now too, much like we do in SL. So I am happy that the folks that bought my earrings can "fix" them if they want. 

The thing is --- the avatar is still going to change in the future so putting too much work into anything is most likely a waste  -- unless you are very board of course.  I have been going through my inventory and seeing which garments are still viable and require only minimal tweaking.  So far I think I have about half that are good and half that are getting pitched.    

We were told of course that this would happen and that is why I eventually left -- I got tired of redoing old things for new rules. So I will stop in now and then and see how things are going but I don't plan to BUILD there any longer.   I put out a ton of "almost free" stuff today that I tested and took new photos for and other creators are redoing and updating their items. So you can get redeliveries of things you have previously purchased -- at least from some folks. 

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

And this one's for @Vanity Fair

Sansar or SL?   Getting a bit harder to tell.    

Story on my blog :D.      

2130842694_sansarfashion.thumb.jpg.3e3d7bec35d1097473224ecb773065be.jpg

Love it! I actually linked to your blogpost from my own, which also features this new custom avatar:

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/09/07/sansar-store-spotlight-hellen-custom-avatar-by-eunicorn/

Thanks for the heads up! 🙂

Since this is the active Sansar thread at the moment I am going to add this here. 

My earrings didn't fit the new avatar (the default one) so I deleted them. Well THAT was a bad move. Turns out you can edit attachments now, so don't delete those earrings. 

Shoes are an issue for sure so my gal is going barefoot for the moment. 

They merged male and female together so now you can use men's items -- hence why I had some bracelets that were way oversized. 

IF YOU WANT TO UPLOAD YOUR OWN ACCESSORIES --- you will need to use Blender 2.8.  Older files will not upload, they just stall (tried many times and then found the comment on 2.8.  

When I tried adding someone else's earrings I lost all the adjusting in my outfit. Not sure what is going on there.  

This got my attention:

6688ac88faba05fcb19a504cf3be73cd.png

So figured I'd go take a look. At first glance the avatar seemed so dang skinny and way too tall. So I decided to do a head check.

1603720605_sansarskinny.thumb.png.75997b351b409568965051ee46bf4289.png ava2proportion.thumb.png.4ba84feb6e8dfa6fb49ec099b47bcbe4.png

That's 7.5 heads tall so she's not too tall actually. She's just way too skinny for my liking, but that can change once they get the sliders working for the body.

I actually see possibilities for getting a nice looking face with this avatar. Skins will make a world of difference.

sansar_av2.thumb.png.b92ec42dbafafc71139bd0a9deb63d94.png

I spent quite some time checking my MD clothing. There's some real hits and misses there. Anything with narrow straps will not work. But some actually look better on this avatar than they did on the old default body.

378412476_lamedress.thumb.png.fe4d7ff7bf19972dc549872d8707cc63.png

I was happy to see that Cora, my favorite hair dresser in Sansar, has updated several of her hairs to work with the new avatar.