Delete and copy items from one object to another

AstoriaOrleans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

So, I made cars that I share with a few of my friends. I also happen to have a statue of a mechanic. What I want to do is whenever I make an update to that car's contents (scripts, sounds, poses, etc), I'll put them inside the mechanic statue and, send them to my friends. What they need to do to update their cars is to rez that mechanic near the car, click on it (or whatever else to trigger the action), and it will remove all old items from their cars and copy the new ones in. I know there are more efficient ways to update stuff, but I'm thinking of doing this just for the fun of it. My question is, is that even possible for an object to remove and copy items from and to another object (of course, provided that they both owned by the same agent)? Also just to make it simple(r), let's assume that the items needed to be removed/copy are all in the root prim of the car.

Thank you :)

Edited by AstoriaOrleans

Yes.  You'd have to script the objects to take advantage of llRemoteLoadScriptPin if you want to update/replace scripts, since transferred scripts always arrive Not Running, for security reasons.  Objects can send and receive assets from other objects with llGiveInventory, though, just as they can send assets to avatars.  In fact, they don't even need to be in the same region to do it.  You'll just need to have a way to get the UUID of the target (receiving) object and you'll have to take care to have the proper permissions on both the target object and the assets you are sending.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos, of course

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.