Why do these textures look this way?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The floors in my house consist of multiple prim boxes because one prim can't be large enough and because there needs to be an opening for a stairwell. I cannot get the textures to match up properly at the joints between the prims. The picture shows such a joint after my best effort. The "repeats per meter" is set to 0.3 in both directions on both prims, yet the textures don't align properly. What is the cause? How can I fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Floor Tiles.png

38 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

The floors in my house consist of multiple prim boxes because one prim can't be large enough and because there needs to be an opening for a stairwell. I cannot get the textures to match up properly at the joints between the prims. The picture shows such a joint after my best effort. The "repeats per meter" is set to 0.3 in both directions on both prims, yet the textures don't align properly. What is the cause? How can I fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Repeats per meter doesn't solve everything unfortunately. You will need to adjust  each prim so that the texture ENDS "on a line" to match them up. Hopefully you only have to match one seam per prim. If not you really need your floor as a single mesh object.  

Here is an example. 

You need to adjust each surface separately so that they line up when they are selected. This usually involves  moving the vertical and horizontal offsets. It is a very picky process but it can be done (again if you just have ONE seam to deal with). 

399971018_lininguptexture.thumb.jpg.d98ca9eaa40348be8e597c21989bde89.jpg

1935370105_horizontaloffsets.thumb.jpg.36737f82ba0dff684ecfb533f2c3b6a2.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
faulty grammar
  • Like 1

I can't figure out how to delete the quote, which is now not relevant.

As usual, my stupidity was my problem. I didn't understand how "Align Planar Faces" worked. I had checked it for each of the prims while editing them individually. When I was preparing to make a picture to post in response to Chic's answer and had multiple prims selected, I noticed that the box wasn't checked. I checked, and, magically, the problem was solved.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.