Linzzii resident

Linzzii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Linzzii said:

Anyone know if there is ANY way of changing your display name more than once a week?

I just got partnered and spelled his name wrong :( so need to change it again PLEASE!!

There's no way to change the display name again but you can re-set it to your default original name at any time.  It won't help you get the correct display name any quicker but it will at least get rid of the incorrect one.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

There's no way to change the display name again but you can re-set it to your default original name at any time.  It won't help you get the correct display name any quicker but it will at least get rid of the incorrect one.

Thank you I did that, but really wanted to be displaying his name :( I thought maybe I could pay Linden to do it for me or something?

6 minutes ago, Linzzii said:

Thank you I did that, but really wanted to be displaying his name :( I thought maybe I could pay Linden to do it for me or something?

No, you wouldn't be able to do that. 

If you're willing to pay L$100 though, there's a solution that's far easier than trying to persuade a Linden to take a bribe (hint; they won't).

Create a new private Group, and create a role title with the correct spelling that you want, and use that in place of a display name. It's what people used to do all the time before display names existed. 

ETA: You'll need to get one other person to join your group within 48 hours otherwise it will be deleted again, presumably your partner would do so.

Edited by Matty Luminos
reminder to add another person to group
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matty Luminos said:

No, you wouldn't be able to do that. 

If you're willing to pay L$100 though, there's a solution that's far easier than trying to persuade a Linden to take a bribe (hint; they won't).

Create a new Group, and create a role title with the correct spelling that you want, and use that in place of a display name. It's what people used to do all the time before display names existed. 

No I meant an official way to pay Linden :( But that's a really good idea about the group thank you so much xx

• Like 1

Is waiting 7 days really that much of an issue? for the short term you can always use a titler that displays floating text of your choice above your head there's plenty of cheap/freebie ones on the marketplace, while creating a group to create a custom title isn't a bad idea you are limited on the amount of characters including spaces you can use on role names i can't remember the amount off hand but your name choice may not fit

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

But not always.  I've had the same partner since January 2007.  Over 12 years is like 50 years in RL.

More like 75. 😄

A SL "day" (one cycle of sunrise - day - sunset - night) is 4 hours, so time is basically going 6 times faster in SL than in RL.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all the advice everyone, I have used a group title and solved it for now (and there were enough letters) I just felt really bad that I messed up his name and didn't want to have to wear the wrong spelling for 7 days, but I found the reset option (thanks to advice on here) and now I'm wearing the group tag, so all is well again :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Talligurl said:

This is SL in 7 days the relationship could be over.

SL time is faster than Dog time. Seven days in SL is equivalent to seven months in RL. See? The maths is easy!

10 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

But not always.  I've had the same partner since January 2007.  Over 12 years is like 50 years in RL.

You already know that you are the exception to the major law-of-averages. So you are just boasting. And there's nothing wrong with that; you've earned it. Congratulations!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.