store not letting me upload

AliaRabbit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i just made these textures and wanted to sell them ive never done it before so i wanted to create a store but it looks like i already have one so i tried to upload but there was no upload button and when i tried to see if i should drag it into the marketplace it didnt work so i really would like to know what im doing wrong or if theres something wrong with the store

19 answers to this question

1 hour ago, AliaRabbit said:

i just made these textures and wanted to sell them ive never done it before so i wanted to create a store but it looks like i already have one so i tried to upload but there was no upload button and when i tried to see if i should drag it into the marketplace it didnt work so i really would like to know what im doing wrong or if theres something wrong with the store

The commercee forums might get your issue answered quicker but in the meantime have you followed  this? 

not sure i created it along time and ive just now got something to sell but when i click on the (my store) its like im visiting someone elses theres no options other than add to my favourites and the marketplace listing it wont show me anything just says i have an error >.< i tried reading what i could do but my head hurts from not understanding any of it so ive just started feeling down about it.

thank you for replying btw

1 hour ago, AliaRabbit said:

Marketplace changed long ago but you NEVER uploaded to the Marketplace here (other platforms you do so likely the confusion).

There are three or four of these videos. Here is the first one:

thank you for the video but when i click on my marketplace listings there is an error saying "an error occurred while opening marketplace listings. if you continue to receive this message, please contact second life support for assistance at (second life logo here)" then gives me a link but i dont know where to look or what im even looking for

sorry for all this trouble the only reason i know ive created a store is because of the options it gives i dont even remember creating it but my memory isnt all that great 

Once you get your listing problems sorted out...

There's something you'll need to pay attention to when selling textures...Next Owner Permissions.

Most people want to use textures ON something, and very often those somethings are things they will be wanting to make copies of and even sell.  Therefore, to be a desirable product, textures have be full perm.

But, full perm products have a problem.  As soon as you sell one or give it away, you've lost control of it.  The new owner can make copies, sell them, or give them away free.  Potentially, you could sell your texture ONE time, and soon find it scattered all over the grid.

The solution to this is imperfect, but it's the only one we have:  You include an end user agreement with your full perm product.  This agreement allows the buyer to use your textures in her products for re-sale, as long as those products are not full perm (they're either Copy/No Transfer or No Copy/Transfer).  It specifically does NOT allow the buyer to sell or give away the textures AS TEXTURES.

Then, you trust to the honesty of your buyers, and when you find anyone who doesn't abide by your terms, you DMCA the heck out of them.

7 minutes ago, AliaRabbit said:

thank you for the video but when i click on my marketplace listings there is an error saying "an error occurred while opening marketplace listings. if you continue to receive this message, please contact second life support for assistance at (second life logo here)" then gives me a link but i dont know where to look or what im even looking for

You file a Support Case from your Dashboard page, the page you see when you sign in to the website here.  Go to the Help menu, select Support, then Create Case.

24 minutes ago, AliaRabbit said:

sorry i clicked the support and look but its given me all these options really dont know which one to click ive never used the website before this is my first time sorry

Help > Support > Submit a Support Case > Type of issue: Marketplace > Sub-type: Marketplace Item Listing Issues

10 minutes ago, AliaRabbit said:

what are the new rules to have a store?

There aren't any "new" rules, as far as I know.  The basic one is, every avatar account may have one, and only one, store.  Once you create your store, that's it.  You can't close it, rename it, or open another one.  Your only option is to create another avatar account, and use that to open a new store.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:09 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

There aren't any "new" rules, as far as I know.  The basic one is, every avatar account may have one, and only one, store.  Once you create your store, that's it.  You can't close it, rename it, or open another one.  Your only option is to create another avatar account, and use that to open a new store.

You can rename your marketplace store. I've done it when I re-branded my store.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.