Sell script with black list?

KennyChidorie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

yes that is what Kenny wants.  A script which will prevent people on a blacklist from buying the product. This is doable, example approaches

approach 1) accept payment from everyone then  refund the blacklisted their money

approach 2) on Touch set llSetPayPrice to anyone not on the blacklist  

On 9/3/2019 at 7:33 AM, animats said:

Not clear. You want to keep people from doing - what? Buying something?

I would like to clarify - if you can not help with the script, please do not ask for what I am interested in such.

If I wanted to blacklist all customers, I would not be interested in the script. This script interests me only for one purpose - to avoid buying by people who buy a thing far from good intentions.

Therefore, if you only know how to clown, be so kind as not to write anything.

One of the scripts that I found on sale helps refund money if the buyer is on the black list (by the way, this is a very useful feature).

Unfortunately, there is no script in SL that could completely exclude the buy button for people on the blacklist. Therefore, the possibility of a refund for me is only partially effective.

It would be nice to make vouchers that can be shared with other users. But it is precisely such vouchers that inform the owner that he was added to the black list, so he will not be able to get the thing. The owner of such a voucher can resell it to another person.

However, I did not find a voucher system for sale that allows you to do such a procedure.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Scripts have limited memory. Not enough to store a very large blacklist. A professional scripter would use an external database (hosted outside of Second Life) and an HTTP call to query the blacklist via a website / service.

The black list is not so big (5 people). Let me remind you once again - if you cannot help find this kind of script, you don’t need to answer.

I am well aware of the existence of third-party servers. Because I have been using one of these resources for many years.

But this explanation is not a solution to my question.

I did not find for sale a system of vouchers working through a third-party server. On sale there is a gacha, vendors, gift cards working from other people's servers, but there is no voucher system.

The second good side of vouchers is that the buyer takes a thing that does no mod and is no copy, but when you click on the button, he can get exactly the one that can be copied and modified.

They can use one voucher once. Exactly the same can be resold so that another buyer can open and get the desired thing.

I like gacha, but like other people, I love it when you can copy a thing as many times as you like. But on sale I do not observe a similar script. And, of course, I want to avoid getting my things by unscrupulous people who like to make copybot.

2 hours ago, KennyChidorie said:

I would like to clarify - if you can not help with the script, please do not ask for what I am interested in such.

Pro-tip for life in general: Do not shoo away people who are asking for clarification. The context is important for giving relevant suggestions. You also make yourself look hostile when you act like that. Nobody is asking who or why. You were asked what exactly.

And my answer to your question:

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

2 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Pro-tip for life in general: Do not shoo away people who are asking for clarification. The context is important for giving relevant suggestions. You also make yourself look hostile when you act like that.

And my answer to your question:

Ask the right questions to avoid asking not to answer. 

In this context, it makes no sense to ask me about who and why I want to add certain individuals to the black list. 
It was enough just humanly to ask for what and why. And do not start to ridicule and add your own speculation for the person who asked the question.

If you can not help with the search for the script and ask solely because of your own interest, then do not be surprised why you are asked not to answer. This is a forum for user support, not silly jokes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KennyChidorie said:

The black list is not so big (5 people). Let me remind you once again - if you cannot help find this kind of script, you don’t need to answer.

Marketplace search: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Script-Access-Control-Plugin-Authorization-ManagerLock-Script-Add-Authorization-Levels-set-users-to-your-products/5383746

You are welcome.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.