Jump to content

Why are there so many short shirts for Kemono?


AngstyJellyfish
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I've noticed a frustrating trend trying to shop for shirts for utilizator's kemono. The overwhelming majority of the shirts are really short or if they're not then they're really bulky. Why is it so hard to find longer shirts? Even the v neck t-shirt looks like it's short enough to expose skin if you moved the wrong way, if it were a real shirt. The oversized hoodie is nice, it's cute, but it's just too bulky for me. I've got the lazy long sleeve shirt and it's a good length on one side but that's really the only one so far. So, what is it will the short shirt trend? Are the longer shirts just hiding or just not on marketplace or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to say that I have never heard of utilizator's kemono,  nor have I ever seen anything in any of the stores I shop in for that either.  So my guess is that might be the problem, this body is just not popular enough for many mesh makers to make clothing for.. so who ever is making the clothes obviously likes short skirts and bulky tops..  I don't know that you will find an answer here..  Could possibly be simply that there are not enough creators making things for this body.  Which sticks you with what you can find.  Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kemono has been oversexualized since its inception even before the fitted torso or the other breast/pelvis mods that came along.

But, hey, its mod. A rarity among mesh bodies. Something that still conforms to the alluring SL fundamentals of yore.

Today, there's far too much no-mod worn content. No-mod for stupid reasons too, "rigged" being one of the top excuses.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Kemono is bar far one of the best bodies from a craftmanship standpoint.

Style wise? It's a personal thing.

 

But yeah a lot of kemono content creator either go for "over sexualised", or for "comfy cute".

The kemono is pretty nice as far as craftsmanship goes. My friends and I all use it. One of them pointed something out to me the other day that I checked and confirmed. It seems that without properly placed body lights there are weird dark patches on the body. I thought something was wrong with my skin but once the areas were illuminated they were gone and the skin looked how it was supposed to so I guess there's something up with the shading?

That's exactly the problem. It's next to impossible to find nice everyday clothing for the kemono body like you can for other avatars. I want to make clothes myself but I can't afford the upload costs for it all. So I just have to comb through marketplace and hope there's something there that's close.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:24 AM, Tazzie Tuque said:

I have to say that I have never heard of utilizator's kemono,  nor have I ever seen anything in any of the stores I shop in for that either.  So my guess is that might be the problem, this body is just not popular enough for many mesh makers to make clothing for.. so who ever is making the clothes obviously likes short skirts and bulky tops..  I don't know that you will find an answer here..  Could possibly be simply that there are not enough creators making things for this body.  Which sticks you with what you can find.  Good luck!

It's an anime mesh body with a few anime head options. My friends and I got it because of the more anime look of it at least. Some people use it as a furry avatar. There aren't too many people that actually make clothes for it. Most of what you'll find on marketplace are texture mods for the clothes those few creators make.

Edited by AngstyJellyfish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2019 at 9:19 PM, AngstyJellyfish said:

It's an anime mesh body with a few anime head options. My friends and I got it because of the more anime look of it at least. Some people use it as a furry avatar. There aren't too many people that actually make clothes for it. Most of what you'll find on marketplace are texture mods for the clothes those few creators make.

Few anime head options? Most anime heads work with kemono as most just have a "head on a stalk" look to begin with.

There used to be more people making clothing for kemono, but since many people hopped on cartel bodies(Maitreya, Belleza, SLink) few make clothing for itnow and even switched to making clothing for the cartel bodies instead.

IMO, anime heads on cartel bodies don't look as "natural" as on an anime bodies because you have conflicting aesthetics with the age/maturity ambiguity of an anime head and the age/maturity nuance of the cartel body, not to mention that I have yet to see skins that mate the two together "realistically" unless most of the body is completely covered in clothing.

I always see the attempts as an chronic case of baby face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it's necessarily just about sexualization although I am sure it is a part of it.

Making good looking long skirts in Secondlife is basically impossible due to the fundamentals of how clothes rigging works in Secondlife. Even once you start to approach the knees you are basically signing your creation up for a bunch of clipping or some really weird deformations during movement.

There is a low incentive for creators to take the time to make long skirts when they know that 1. They're not going to deform as realistically as short skirts and 2. They won't sell as much.

Other games usually get around this issue by either giving their female protagonists pants, or implementing some kind of clothing physics. Which LL could do, but are probably not keen to do due to new technology requirements/software development/testing etc that goes into getting something like that working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I don't think it's necessarily just about sexualization although I am sure it is a part of it.

Making good looking long skirts in Secondlife is basically impossible due to the fundamentals of how clothes rigging works in Secondlife. Even once you start to approach the knees you are basically signing your creation up for a bunch of clipping or some really weird deformations during movement.

There is a low incentive for creators to take the time to make long skirts when they know that 1. They're not going to deform as realistically as short skirts and 2. They won't sell as much.

Other games usually get around this issue by either giving their female protagonists pants, or implementing some kind of clothing physics. Which LL could do, but are probably not keen to do due to new technology requirements/software development/testing etc that goes into getting something like that working.

I'm talking about shirts here, not skirts. Though there are alot of short skirts too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oops! I just realized I misread the original statement... I read it as skirts and not shirts..  but actually my original reply could go for either as well..  seeing as how it is the creator of the clothing who determines it's style length etc.  But having said that.. I have to add:  on the whole for all mesh bodies, tops, shirts etc. all seem to be short showing various degrees of midsection.  It is rare that you find any shirts that are longer i.e. meeting the pants or skirt without showing skin..  I suspect part of that is that to make  a longer top it would have to be made at the same time the pants and skirt were made in order to fit over the pants or skirt without poke through.  Thus a whole lot of short tops period and not just for kemono.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...