Push weapon that works when push is disabled

Tantrica Banana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello group.

I have the following problem:

on my region i have via Region Details (ALT+R) "Restrict pushing" enabled. yet someone has fun by setting up new avatars and firing a weapon that pushes everyone in  a radius of 20 meters around. And really forceful, so that the victims fly across 2 full regions. The viewer menu "Help- Bumps, Pushes, Hits" shows no entries.

What function could possibly do that? or what other method? and what counter measures, other than banning young accounts or forbidding rezzing and scripts, could be used?

It's not hard to do, I can think of a couple ways. Though it could be a prim-pusher. The no-push setting (as I understand it) applies to script-based pushing. It does not apply to prims. Someone can create a scripted sphere that changes size on command... All I would need to do is to walk into the center of a crowd, wear the sphere, type the command (perhaps on hidden channel) and it instantly changes to the maximum size (and even larger than authorized size if it's an old "mega-prim).

That instant size change can knock other avatars away (it's a physical push, not a scripted push).

I don't know this for a fact, I'm not a griefer and I hate that describing it may give others a naughty idea. But since it already exists, it's really a no-brainer (for a griefer, anyway.)

The best you can do is ask anyone pushed to give you the name of the person that did it and ban them. Yes, I know - they just come back in a new ALT - so  you can get a simple script (freebie) that will not allow anyone under a certain profile age into the place. Set it to 10 or 15 days-old or something. If you want it, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Edited by Alyona Su

i do not think that it is a suddenly blowing up prim, the push (i experienced one myself) is way too strong for that - and also pushed me across two regions, so no less than 500 metres

as for banning young account age: that would fix the symptom but not the root. i am after eliminating that option.

Edited by YT Recreant

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

All I would need to do is to walk into the center of a crowd, wear the sphere, type the command (perhaps on hidden channel) and it instantly changes to the maximum size (and even larger than authorized size if it's an old "mega-prim).

This won't work for two reasons:

Attachments aren't physical. Wearing a giant sphere has no effect on anything. 

Megaprims can't be resized. If you try, they'll be shrunk down to current limits.

The only thing I can think of is that pushing is limited to the land group, which is probably open and free to join. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

This won't work for two reasons:

Attachments aren't physical. Wearing a giant sphere has no effect on anything. 

Megaprims can't be resized. If you try, they'll be shrunk down to current limits.

The only thing I can think of is that pushing is limited to the land group, which is probably open and free to join. 

Oh, didn't't think of that. :P

Since you didn't say, I should ask .... is everyone allowed to rez things there?  If so, could the person simply be shooting you with a fast transparent bullet?  I once made an invisible machine gun that would do a great job of pushing, as long as I was on my own land or was someplace else where I could rez things.

as Rolig says you are getting hit with a rezzed physical bullet.  From the description it is most likely a follower/tracking bullet

a follower bullet tracks the target avatar's position. The bullet hits the target at high velocity pushing the avatar.  The bullet acquires the avatar's now new position and hits the avatar again at high velocity. This repeats until the bullet dies, by going offworld, or scripted to die when the avatar is no longer present. A follower/tracking bullet script can in some cases pick up the presence of an avatar on an adjoining region when scripted using llSensor and can cross into the neighbouring region

when parcels are rez enabled, such a bullet can be scripted to also spawn copies of itself to continue the attack from multiple vectors

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.