SL Voice becomes spotty

Viggy Ruhig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been trying to figure out why my voice becomes spotty in SL.  This happens when at least one (but not all) of my Japanese friends talks, if he happens to talk over me (or I over him), it will completely cut off my slvoice from transmitting my voice, but I can still hear just fine and they are not cut off at all...  The little green arrows above my avatar stop, and my SLvoice will not work (or become extremely spotty) until he stops talking.  If I turn voice on and off a few times while hes talking I may be able to get in a few words. I know I'm not transmitting, because I'll ask if he heard what I just said and he usually says no.  Now sometimes we can talk over each other, and my SLvoice won't just suddenly stop working, but it's like a 25% chance.  Sometimes I just turn it on and off until i come through, and I have to constantly watch for the green arrows to know what actually went through....

This is a VERY annoying problem, especially when we often talk fast and over each other a bit.  When I'm in a group of people, and there is one or more people that cuts my SL voice off entirely, it makes it difficult or near impossible to talk at all.  It feels like it's only when certain people are around, but I can't be certain.

I'm using the SL main browser, but I tried Firestorm as well and had the same problem.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.

Edited by Viggy Ruhig

1 answer to this question

There is a known bug that causes voice to cut out. You are talking and for a couple of seconds voice stops then comes back. If that is what you mean by 'spotty' then Oz Linden is working on a fix. I anticipate a fix within the month. That doesn't mean it will happen. Also, the fixed viewer will have to go through QA and RC Viewer stages.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.