Second Life MCs

wolfshanty

I'd like to see MCs get out more. After driving over 3,000km in Second Life on a bike, I've seen an MC run on mainland roads only once. Yes, some have their own tracks spiraling up into the sky, but they don't seem to get out much.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Silna Kamala said:

GTA RP will be your best best for an MC.

{grand theft auto roleplay} 

Hmm...I heard this too! SL was never great with fast vehicles. When I joined 10 years ago, there were LOADS of biker sims - most of them are gone now. I think many of them moved to GTA RP, where you don't have sim crossings throwing you into the sea :/ I remember some of them had RL pics of themselves on bikes though, so I don't think all of them were fake? 

Funnily enough, I went to an SL art event/gig the other night and saw the first person in ages with a Hells Angels 'Enforcer' tag. 

There is a RL London MC called the 'Road Rats' who are apparently complete nutters...😜 Never seen one though!

On 8/30/2019 at 7:14 PM, wolfshanty said:

Who here has been in a SL MC?

If so, what did you do in it? Did you have to brash kick a Linden or shoot a fashion blogger to earn your patch?

What crazy things do SL MCs get up to? Has an inworld MC ever stormed a club to beat up a noob who rezzed a cabin on their bikes?

Has LL ever banned an entire MC, Woodbury-style, for bad behaviour?

I co-owned one with someone on here before. Long story short I opted out of it due to irreconcilable differences with the other owner.🙄

We did a bit of everything from fundraisers, to supporting various charities, go to biker rallies on here, race, arrange group rides with other MC's on here and that just to name a few basics. We over all had fun and did a lot of stuff. lol👍

I don't know about crazy stuff. Personally I was more of a laid back type of dude. However that having been said I know there are knuckleheads out there that like to beat their pixel chests and storm in trying to hud people. Mostly it's just a bunch of old farts talking out their behinds basically. I'd even have some tell me to watch my step with certain MC's and I'd be like fork them. Their all talk anyway. lol Honestly telling me that is like ringing the dinner bell for zombies or saying don't push the red button when you know your just going to push it anyway. lol It just makes me want to get my clown on that much more. lol I blame my pvp mentality from other mmos on that one mate. lol😂

Nope. Never. We didn't do dumb stuff. At least not while I was running the show we didn't. Can't say now days. Most people that rock n' rolled with me left when I walked out the door. Lmao!!!!🤣

Over all from my personal experiences an SL MC is not much different then running a gaming Fleet/Guild/Clan you'd find in any other mmo. Each one has their ups and downs mate.😎

On 8/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Wannabes make themselves targets. Because they are wannabes and they don't know diddlysquat about being a biker. Or a biker's old lady.

So I gotta ask. What is your definition of wannabes? The reason I ask is because I had my fair share of run in's with so called bikers who like to talk trash and call other SL bikers on this here ROLE PLAYING GAME wannabes which to me is kind of hypocritical and laughable to say the least. They the special type of dudes I mess with hard when I run in to them. lol Mostly because 9 out of 10 times the punks I run in to are bullies and it's a moral imperative to get your clown on and mess with the bullies. lol😁

Now just so I am clear. I'm asking not because I wanna mess with you. So not at all. Please don't think or take it like that. I legitimately want to know and I feel like I would get an actual intelligent answer from you vs those of my previous encounters. I mean I personally never been called it myself, but I've TP'ed in on situations before and it's like seriously? We're going there today people? lol Ya know what I am saying? lol So I just want to know why it's even a thing is all. lol Thanks in advance mate.😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

10 hours ago, animats said:

I'd like to see MCs get out more. After driving over 3,000km in Second Life on a bike, I've seen an MC run on mainland roads only once. Yes, some have their own tracks spiraling up into the sky, but they don't seem to get out much.

You want to join some of the MC/Biker community groups mate. They usually announce events and things of that nature in those. Also when your on an MC track of an actual SL MC and not an SL RP MC, because there is a big difference between the two believe it or not, you want to look for a big track board that will have other MC's tracks and sims listed on it. Hope this helps some and good luck mate.👍😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

On 6/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, animats said:

Alot of the MCS will be customising their bikes with the commercially available scripts available to them... normally Karyn's which aren't all that good on region crossings... but great for racing.

Mainland rideouts come with the lag from riding in a group, banlines, orbs and region crossing problems on top of that often ends up with most of the group having a bad time. 

Much more normal therefore to rideout on one of the hundred or so regions designed for it, with vertical trackways going through various levels.

On 6/15/2021 at 12:39 AM, animats said:

I've seen an MC run on mainland roads only once.

i am a new biker and for now i only do tracks. Can you please suggest some mainland roads or places to explore / start with ? thanks in advance! 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I run an MC On SL called Lone Legion MC. We really don't get into stupid crap that the other "keyboard Chest Beaters" do. I was in a RL MC so I know the inner workings. Half these MCs on SL have zero clue! It's not so much about "who can beat who up", but more about a feeling of family and Camaraderie centered around a biker culture. RL Bikers may look badass to an outsider but they are fiercely loyal and protective of each other. If anyone is interested in joining my MC, they need just hit me up in an IM and I will make them a prospect and put them up with a sponsor. That Sponsor then will be your point man, mentor and teacher. Once He/she feels you are ready for the next step, he will come to the MC court and plead your case for "Patching". if you are accepted, your in, but in My MC we go to bat for each other, you would be no exception.

(patching simply means you would be a full fledged member of the MC entitled to all benefits therof. Prospects may have to put up with a lot of crap! Just remember it as a bit of hazing to see if you are up to snuff.)

Edited by Bdobson
  • Like 1