Jump to content
wolfshanty

Second Life MCs

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I shouldn't laugh really. Because so many end up where they don't really want to be. No one wants to be used up and thrown away. But that is precisely what being a passaround means. You're nothing but a trashy ***** and that is all you will ever be to them. Something to use and then toss out with the rest of the garbage when it no longer pleases them. You aren't even human.

I agree. Oddly, there was no shortage of players who *wanted* that role for fetishistic reasons - so this particular player wound up moving to a Sim where biker’s were not so RL focused.

It also produced another round of debate on “historical accuracy vs modern “correctness” in roleplay”.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started out in an all female MC before moving on to a Transgender MC, that sort of evolved in to a Transgender friendly MC. The first claimed to be 1%ers, the others not. I had and have a lot of fun with the community, at one point running a sim for about a year that hosted our MC and one other. 

I have no coordination in real life, let me loose on a motorbike and I would be dead and wrapped around a tree in no time, but have always liked some of the aesthetic without the chauvinism of what it seems to mean especially in the 1% groups. I have organised rides to other MC sims and tutored prospects on riding a bike as a road captain, I have been in a security role as enforcer and counsellor and pety disputes arbitrator role as a Sergeant at Arms. Finally a Vice President where I do a bit of all that, and run sailing cruises. 

We have never role played it really we dress up, run rock concerts and events, help with bike riding and building. We just have fun, probably subverting the theme for purists...  but we look to celebrate and enjoy the positive, not the negative. 

It can be a great community, despite its reputation I don't think you will find any community that comes together over a bereavement quite like MCs do. Literally hundreds of people coming to pay their respects says a lot more about the community than the handful that cause trouble. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

I agree. Oddly, there was no shortage of players who *wanted* that role for fetishistic reasons - so this particular player wound up moving to a Sim where biker’s were not so RL focused.

It also produced another round of debate on “historical accuracy vs modern “correctness” in roleplay”.

Lots of women ride motorbikes thanks to people like Bessie Stringfield  and groups like the Motor Maids, it is important to understand the history isn't all about men's clubs.

wm_1_789.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Lots of women ride motorbikes thanks to people like Bessie Stringfield  and groups like the Motor Maids, it is important to understand the history isn't all about men's clubs.

wm_1_789.jpg

 

I should have been specific that the roleplay group in question was modeled on a very violent RL “Outlaw” club; which meant it was largely homogenous, male-driven and aped the nastier portrayals of that subculture.

Unfortunately, its the 1%er “Outlaw” clubs that get all the press. HAMC, Bandidos, Mongols, Outlaws,  Sons of Silence and others make the news for everything from Toy Runs to gunfights in casinos. Popular television has run with this by airing successful shows like Sons of Anarchy & Mayans MC.

Sadly, Bad News is sort of its own PR machine and the uplifting stuff gets skipped as “not newsworthy”.

This does not make me happy as i grew up around two-wheel culture thanks to my father and grandfather - but that’s the  Pop Culture Society we have inherited....

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89773315a1b126706cb50

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 3:28 PM, AmandaKeen said:

I should have been specific that the roleplay group in question was modeled on a very violent RL “Outlaw” club; which meant it was largely homogenous, male-driven and aped the nastier portrayals of that subculture.

Unfortunately, its the 1%er “Outlaw” clubs that get all the press. HAMC, Bandidos, Mongols, Outlaws,  Sons of Silence and others make the news for everything from Toy Runs to gunfights in casinos. Popular television has run with this by airing successful shows like Sons of Anarchy & Mayans MC.

Sadly, Bad News is sort of its own PR machine and the uplifting stuff gets skipped as “not newsworthy”.

This does not make me happy as i grew up around two-wheel culture thanks to my father and grandfather - but that’s the  Pop Culture Society we have inherited....

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89773315a1b126706cb50

I really have to agree with this. In reality the bikers I have met or ever crossed paths with have been nothing like what you see on TV, which is saying a lot and not at all what one would expect looking at them. That doesn't mean they are "that way" all the time; we all wear different faces depending on whom we deal with on any given day.

When I was 16 my mother briefly dated the President of the HAMC local charter whom she met while working at the bar. I used to hang out there after school and play pool with them and eventually got work there after school helping clean (It was a small town, no one cared. We lived across the road so I practically grew up there anyway). The bikers I knew then were the funniest, nicest guys you'd ever hope to meet who loved riding around, drinking too much, and showing off their bikes. When they walked into a room you knew it, but they rarely caused problems. If anything just being there seemed to make problems go away. ;)  They seemed to be involved in a new charity run every other month, and were always donating to some fundraiser, especially those involving sick kids. That said, they did have their moments; whether that was revving their motors to all hours or drinking too hard which evolved into a punch up breaking out in the car park. But they always apologized and paid for damages afterwards which is more than I can say for many others who don't ride a bike.

I distinctly remember they had a code of conduct; no one hurt a woman or child when they were around. If they heard out about it, watch out. Some would even accompany battered women to court to make them feel safe against abusive partners; I thought that was very cool and still do, but you didn't and don't hear much about that kind of charity in the press. To me there seemed to be a kind of mutual respect, though again this was thirty-some years ago and I was in a small country town. I'm probably looking back on all this with naive eyes. I will say that from what I saw back in the day the majority of bikers actually leave a lot of other non-bikers look like the degenerates, for lack of a better word. I'm sure not everyone would agree, and I'm not saying all bikers are saints, far from it. But as with any culture, or subculture, there will always be the bad apples that make the rest look bad.

This is why I'm so fervently against the Anti-Biker laws that have been in place here in Australia for a while now; The real criminals don't fly colours, they wear suits and sit in Parliament. 🤬

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 10:28 PM, AmandaKeen said:

This does not make me happy as i grew up around two-wheel culture

Almost everyone I grew up with are bikers. Two have been Bandidos patchholders for about 40 years now. 

The news only reports the bad things that happen. Rarely do they report on the good things like BACA.

 

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/245919/meet-the-scary-bikers-of-baca-who-stand-up-for-kids/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freebiebasement said:

FIFY

Way to make a jackass of yourself.

Spinsters are women who have never been married and have no children. I've married and my children are all adults.

No soup for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience with bikers is much as RaeLee and Amanda describe. I learned to ride on a Honda CB650, which was my fair weather daily driver for a couple years. I loved pulling up on Harley trains and getting a "thumbs up" from them. My favorite fellas were the big burly ones who had little goggle wearing dogs riding behind them in carriers. Nobody does cute quite like leathered up bikers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My experience with bikers is much as RaeLee and Amanda describe. I learned to ride on a Honda CB650, which was my fair weather daily driver for a couple years. I loved pulling up on Harley trains and getting a "thumbs up" from them. My favorite fellas were the big burly ones who had little goggle wearing dogs riding behind them in carriers. Nobody does cute quite like leathered up bikers.

My first ride was a Honda 50 minibike.  Since then I've had a Nighthawk 450, a few Shadows most recent being a 750, a 1970 ElectraGlide, a Sportster 1200 and a few others. Those are just the ones I owned and rode. Not counting all the bikes the other half has had.

PICT1389.JPG

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't ridden regularly since leaving home for grad school, but I did recently spend a week with a CB1100. It was more a legful than a handful. I had no trouble while rolling but, at 5'2", keeping it upright while stopped was a challenge. I had to half get off. Had I dumped it at a stop light, my only recourse would have been to slap a "For Sale" sign on it.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I haven't ridden regularly since leaving home for grad school, but I did recently spend a week with a CB1100. It was more a legful than a handful. I had no trouble while rolling but, at 5'2", keeping it upright while stopped was a challenge. I had to half get off. Had I dumped it at a stop light, my only recourse would have been to slap a "For Sale" sign on it.

I'm 5'4" and could barely get my toes on the ground on the 450. Never did lower it and I should have.

I've never gone down but I did have it knocked out from underneath me ata redlight by a friend who didn't have any brakes on his Harley. 9_9

6c4d6f4f4d0c33d57305192666b4fa0c.jpg

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 5, 2019 at 4:47 AM, RaeLeeH said:

This is why I'm so fervently against the Anti-Biker laws that have been in place here in Australia for a while now; The real criminals don't fly colours, they wear suits and sit in Parliament. 🤬

Truth.

Also for what it's worth the newsworthy stories about bikers I get in Canada involve American or British news about bikers banding together against animal cruelty.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been in an MC (been invited, but I like to be a free soul), but have been on rideouts with and am a support member of several.

You get all kinds. The ones I've considered joining have some sort of driving tests (which make sense if you're joining rideouts). Some actually require voice (or at least being able to listen - for rideouts), some require you be a regular there, most require some kind of going through the hoops.

And a few (with emphasis on few) are just plain misogynistic.

Many 1% MCs (not my thing) have nice tracks. You don't have to join, just be respectful and enjoy your ride. And pick up your bike afterwards, of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, Selene Gregoire said:

I shouldn't laugh really. Because so many end up where they don't really want to be. No one wants to be used up and thrown away. But that is precisely what being a passaround means. You're nothing but a trashy whore and that is all you will ever be to them. Something to use and then toss out with the rest of the garbage when it no longer pleases them. You aren't even human.

Like an Omega in some of the stories I read!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 6SEEXIDOL9 said:

I thought they are in SL tho

There are tons of wannabes in SL. Real bikers (those who are patchholders in RL) are rather rare in SL. Most of the real ones don't spend a lot of time in SL unless they are a downed bro. 

One of the prezes of an NZ mc chapter is on my friends list. I see him log in about once a week on average. *waves at Ozzy*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are tons of wannabes in SL. Real bikers (those who are patchholders in RL) are rather rare in SL. Most of the real ones don't spend a lot of time in SL unless they are a downed bro. 

One of the prezes of an NZ mc chapter is on my friends list. I see him log in about once a week on average. *waves at Ozzy*

K bra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...