wolfshanty

Second Life MCs

Who here has been in a SL MC?

If so, what did you do in it? Did you have to brash kick a Linden or shoot a fashion blogger to earn your patch?

What crazy things do SL MCs get up to? Has an inworld MC ever stormed a club to beat up a noob who rezzed a cabin on their bikes?

Has LL ever banned an entire MC, Woodbury-style, for bad behaviour?

2 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Motorcycle club.

Ahh ok..

I didn't recognize it without the 1% part which I usually see with it..

I didn't know if it was for DJ or something else..hehehehe

I'm so out of the loop these days..

3 hours ago, wolfshanty said:

If so, what did you do in it? Did you have to brash kick a Linden or shoot a fashion blogger to earn your patch?

What crazy things do SL MCs get up to? Has an inworld MC ever stormed a club to beat up a noob who rezzed a cabin on their bikes?

Do you want to just play at being a biker or do you want to hang out with the real thing in SL? There aren't many bikers in SL but there are a boatload of wannabes. Pick your poison.

• Like 2

Ceka, that's what I immediately thought. MC is master of ceremonies. DJ is disc jockey. e.g. Run and DMC were MCs and Jam Master Jay was the DJ. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, wolfshanty said:

My SL ex was in an MC on and off for years and I was his "Old Lady". It was mostly RP based. I was responsible for creating the cuts so I can't speak about being in the actual MC beyond that because only men could wear the patches. I hung around in the Clubhouse and tended the bar sometimes but that was about it. It wasn't crazy at all. Nothing insane happened. It was just a bunch of guys riding their bikes and sitting around talking while various women danced mostly naked on stripper poles. In a sense it was a typically misogynistic environment but I didn't mind really. It was all RP anyway, and not that much different to what you would see down the pub in real life on any Saturday night. My RP role was essentially to keep the women in line  and make sure they didn't disrespect the MC members but I think from memory I role played with maybe two other women the whole time I was there. Most were really just there to have sex. My ex complained a lot about how unrealistic it all was and no one wanted to follow orders. There seemed to be plenty of fresh faces but no one stuck around for very long. I think the problem was that when you get a few men together everything seems to turn into some kind of ... contest and ego's always clash. Eventually the MC closed and the few that were left went their separate ways. It was all pretty uneventful really. I wish I had better stories to tell about it. 😐

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

My SL ex was in an MC on and off for years and I was his "Old Lady". It was mostly RP based. I was responsible for creating the cuts so I can't speak about being in the actual MC beyond that because only men could wear the patches. I hung around in the Clubhouse and tended the bar sometimes but that was about it. It wasn't crazy at all. Nothing insane happened. It was just a bunch of guys riding their bikes and sitting around talking while various women danced mostly naked on stripper poles. In a sense it was a typically misogynistic environment but I didn't mind really. It was all RP anyway, and not that much different to what you would see down the pub in real life on any Saturday night. My RP role was essentially to keep the women in line  and make sure they didn't disrespect the MC members but I think from memory I role played with maybe two other women the whole time I was there. Most were really just there to have sex. My ex complained a lot about how unrealistic it all was and no one wanted to follow orders. There seemed to be plenty of fresh faces but no one stuck around for very long. I think the problem was that when you get a few men together everything seems to turn into some kind of ... contest and ego's always clash. Eventually the MC closed and the few that were left went their separate ways. It was all pretty uneventful really. I wish I had better stories to tell about it. 😐

Ick.

/me hands you your "Most Tolerant and Long-Suffering Woman of the Year" award.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

that because only men could wear the patches. 

Old ladies wear property patches on their cuts.

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Old ladies wear property patches on their cuts.

Not in this one. But I was the most dressed woman in the clubhouse, I guess that counts for something? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Not in this one. But I was the most dressed woman in the clubhouse, I guess that counts for something? 🤣

Wasn't an mc then. Not sure what you would call it other than a wannabe club. Apparently those guys had no idea that many old ladies own and ride their own. But then they're wannabes so no surprise there.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Wasn't an mc then. Not sure what you would call it other than a wannabe club. Apparently those guys had no idea that many old ladies own and ride their own. But then they're wannabes so no surprise there.

Reminds me of the two pickup trucks I saw yesterday.  One had the sticker, "You've Been Passed by a GIRL!"  The other one had one that said, "Silly boys!  Trucks are for girls!"

Now I wanna pimped out pickup truck.

552624_425943934133314_1283691040_n.jpg&

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Reminds me of the two pickup trucks I saw yesterday.  One had the sticker, "You've Been Passed by a GIRL!"  The other one had one that said, "Silly boys!  Trucks are for girls!"

Now I wanna pimped out pickup truck.

I've owned a lot of trucks over the years, from a 57 Dodge that I had to herd down the road to a 1970 El Camino 350 3 speed on the column wolf in sheep's clothing (60 mph in second gear) to a full size Ford Bronco. I drove my little Toyota 22R for 12 years and it was 2 years old when I got it.

https://agirlsguidetocars.com/best-trucks-for-girls/

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

One had the sticker, "You've Been Passed by a GIRL!"  The other one had one that said, "Silly boys!  Trucks are for girls!"

I need those!!! I have a 2003 Silverado, named Jolene. I love my truck. I hope she lasts me the rest of my days.

I'm a JeeP owner since I've been driving.

I can't ever see myself with anything else..

hehehe

My experience of SL motorcycle clubs are keyboard ragers who have “mess with me or my family and il...” in their profiles and tend threaten on voice that they will somehow mess you up if you offend them. Aka keyboard chewers

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

My experience of SL motorcycle clubs are keyboard ragers who have “mess with me or my family and il...” in their profiles and tend threaten on voice that they will somehow mess you up if you offend them. Aka keyboard chewers

Which makes them fairly popular targets of trolls for YouTube. Hilarity ensues.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Which makes them fairly popular targets of trolls for YouTube. Hilarity ensues.

Wannabes make themselves targets. Because they are wannabes and they don't know diddlysquat about being a biker. Or a biker's old lady.

On my Original I served as a roleplay sim Moderator for a long time and we had at least two active motorcycle clubs along with other gangs.  That sim is long gone now, but if you look in the more active Roleplay sims you can probably find one. I’m not sure about Crack Den, but it would be a logical pace to look.

Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs in SL run the gamut from “somewhat realistic” (misogynistic, authority issues, us-against-the-world) to fantasy clubs where they patch females and the members are more like somewhat-misunderstood cowboys.

Outside of Roleplay sims there are several other MCs, at least one of which chooses to wear HAMC colors and hang around various nightclubs in SL.

Personally, with one exception (they had a very good role player running things and created some very interesting Story), the RP sim MC’s kept me busy with Moderator calls as they seemed to be fraught with players who had trouble with Powergaming in free form RP - but online RP will always have players who “must win every time” and thats not unusual of itself.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89747b0343a0a96358623

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 9:25 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Wannabes make themselves targets. Because they are wannabes and they don't know diddlysquat about being a biker. Or a biker's old lady.

Selene, in my RP Moderator days I had at least one VERY angry lady ask me to “Moderate” a gang because she agreed to be a “Passaround” and discovered what a dead-end role that was..after NOT reading their reference material.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AmandaKeen said:

Selene, in my RP Moderator days I had at least one VERY angry lady ask me to “Moderate” a gang because she agreed to be a “Passaround” and discovered what a dead-end role that was..after NOT reading their reference material.

I shouldn't laugh really. Because so many end up where they don't really want to be. No one wants to be used up and thrown away. But that is precisely what being a passaround means. You're nothing but a trashy whore and that is all you will ever be to them. Something to use and then toss out with the rest of the garbage when it no longer pleases them. You aren't even human.

Edited by Selene Gregoire