A Multi-Prim/Mesh Color Picker

DarkEmperor13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a Color Picker HUD script but from the looks of it, it only colors one prim/mesh. What I want is something like with the catwa hud for example where u can select parts and then choose the color. So far I have only seen ones that do only one prim per script. Is there one that can do this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, DarkEmperor13 said:

I have a Color Picker HUD script but from the looks of it, it only colors one prim/mesh. What I want is something like with the catwa hud for example where u can select parts and then choose the color. So far I have only seen ones that do only one prim per script. Is there one that can do this?

There are many huds that will do what you want if I understand your question. Each prim or mesh can have up to 8 materials which translate on a prim to "faces".   So let's say you had a cabinet and one "material" was wood and one was metal. The hud would define and change all the metal parts at one time and all the wood parts at one time.  The same thing can more or less happen with prims but finding one might be tricky as that is not done so much these days.  So the script would say something like "prim 1 face 1" "prim 2 face 3" etc. Important to know maybe that faces so far as scripts go start with "0" :D. THAT messed me up a lot before I knew.

Good luck. 

12 minutes ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Chic, I was looking at it that way also, at first- multiple faces of one mesh prim, but I think he means he wants one hud to control multiple prims.

Dark, if that is the case, you can link multiple huds together to create one hud as long as the scripts allow it. I have done this myself successfully.

Mostly to the OP :D but wouldn't the Catwa hud be referencing different materials on ONE mesh object?  I can't imagine uploading a head that is a primset. I have certainly never seen that  on the avatar files I have used.    Hence confusion reigns.    I have an old fashioned script (blue box with choices not a hud) that references both prim number and face number so there MUST be a hud out there somewhere that will do what he wants.  

Maybe some more info on what he is trying to do would be good. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, DarkEmperor13 said:

Try this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Tavatar-ColorTexture-HUD-Kit-Free/4299174

Keep in mind that you are describing changing specific FACES, your mesh object must have these faces defined by the creator. And lots of experimentation will be required to get it right.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:05 AM, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Chic, I was looking at it that way also, at first- multiple faces of one mesh prim, but I think he means he wants one hud to control multiple prims.

Dark, if that is the case, you can link multiple huds together to create one hud as long as the scripts allow it. I have done this myself successfully.

that's exactly what I meant! See I have this outfit that is a linkset. So how do u link multiple huds together in the way u are referring to?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.