How do I make my avatar bald? Bald caps not working

HikariTakatsuki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been using the bald caps that you get when you begin the game, by searching "bald" and I get stuff like 'Gamer Female Bald' and 'Girl Next Door Bald', but when I wear these as my base hair (to become bald) i still have a little thing of hair not only moving, but sticking out the top of my head. Additionally I have hair in the back of my head sticking out, all of this clipping through my head when it's suppose to make me bald... and this is a problem because i can't wear any hairstyle as it conflicts. I'm female by the way, and when I first began the game perhaps what caused this is that I customized the "base hair" a lot! But I don't know if that's a probably, because these bald things are supposed to make me bald. 

4 answers to this question

For the bald base to hide hair you'll want to have everything in the "style" tab when editing the hair base set to 0. This will make the hair small enough to be receded inside your avatars head. Additionally you can wear a alpha that hides your hair. Make sure to have the bald hair base created and worn first before wearing the alpha though or you'll end up with a "halo" effect around your head where the alphaed out hair is.

The usual way of making the bald cap is to take a normal "system" hair and slide all the sliders to the bottom until it all disappears into a little scrunched up ball inside your head. If some of the sliders aren't where they're supposed to be, some bits may poke through.

The alternative way, if you can't fix it by experimenting with the sliders, is to change the texture to "transparent". That makes the whole thing completely invisible. This doesn't work for most system layers or body-parts, but it does work for system hair. A separate alpha layer as Madeline suggested is not necessary (and in fact not possible, as you can't add an alpha to system hair anyway).

These days their only use is to adjust the shape of the eyebrows. 

Edited by Matty Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.