Well this is interesting...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So...after the horrendous Windows 10 update last night (for me in my neck of the woods anyway), I logged into SL (using FS) and the following two issues are what greeted me:

1.thumb.png.d20c93385f245096616262f5ce8587e0.png

Together with this:

1072556046_FSWin10Issue.jpg.6fbc984428245d707788b2209204deea.jpg

Not knowing what was causing it - but cursing Microsoft anyway - I thought I'd remove items one-by-one and start from scratch to see if I could find a solution.

As soon as I removed the shoe base for the boots, both situations were instantly resolved. I tried a shoe base from a different pair of shoes and that works perfectly...just not the shoe base that goes with the actual boots (I've notified the creator).

Posting this here in case anyone else is finds themselves suddenly experiencing the same problem.

Don't know whether it's a glitch resulting from BoM going live (although I don't use the official viewer) and/or that blasted Windows 10 update or both, but rest assured, if things are going to go pear-shaped, they'll always go pear-shaped on tech-dense me first.

Something similar has been happening to me for months now.

I use Singularity however.

My avatar doesn't actually render at all - what I see is a white cloud and the "Failed to find" messages. And, as in your experience, just trying to detach one item renders my avatar fully... (The item itself stays attached - to detach it properly, I need to detach it again.)

It doesn't appear to matter which item I try to detach.

Emma :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Something similar has been happening to me for months now.

I use Singularity however.

My avatar doesn't actually render at all - what I see is a white cloud and the "Failed to find" messages. And, as in your experience, just trying to detach one item renders my avatar fully... (The item itself stays attached - to detach it properly, I need to detach it again.)

It doesn't appear to matter which item I try to detach.

Oh yikes! Months for you?  That's terrible! 

I know you've probably already tried this but will ask just in case: have you tried replacing your shape with another one, then re-logging and putting your usual shape back on?

Or just rebake your avi?

Looks like there's two issues: Bakes on Mesh and FS performance.

FS I think is just another victim of the' Evil MS Empire', but I'm sure the FS team are onto things anyway; there's never any flies on Whirly's back.

The creator I'd contacted about the shoe base very kindly replied that she thinks it's a BoM issue because by removing the shoe base, it allowed BoM rebake everything - but really, how many times are we going to have to do this dance?

Just logged in again with the same problem so yes, BoM is definitely a culprit.

One other thing that happened at the same time is that over half of my inventory suddenly went missing - empty folders all over the place like yesterday's hurricane.

This has never happened to me before; I did try the fixes listed in the phoenix wiki but clearly none of them worked - even more is missing now that I've logged back in again.

Le sigh.  Ah well, it's all just pixels after all.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Oh yikes! Months for you?  That's terrible! 

I know you've probably already tried this but will ask just in case: have you tried replacing your shape with another one, then re-logging and putting your usual shape back on?

Or just rebake your avi?

Looks like there's two issues: Bakes on Mesh and FS performance.

FS I think is just another victim of the' Evil MS Empire', but I'm sure the FS team are onto things anyway; there's never any flies on Whirly's back.

The creator I'd contacted about the shoe base very kindly replied that she thinks it's a BoM issue because by removing the shoe base, it allowed BoM rebake everything - but really, how many times are we going to have to do this dance?

Just logged in again with the same problem so yes, BoM is definitely a culprit.

One other thing that happened at the same time is that over half of my inventory suddenly went missing - empty folders all over the place like yesterday's hurricane.

This has never happened to me before; I did try the fixes listed in the phoenix wiki but clearly none of them worked - even more is missing now that I've logged back in again.

Le sigh.  Ah well, it's all just pixels after all.

Maybe I wasn't too clear - my problem is IMMEDIATELY remedied when I attempt to detach any item. I don't even have to relog - I just pop into view from the cloud as soon as I do that. So, it's not really a biggie at all. 

BUT thank you for you kind words and suggestions :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

@Emma Krokus Sorry - my head's still buzzing trying to figure out if there's anything more I can do to my machine (apart from tossing it out the window).

Removing the items - yes - instant 'back to normal' - but only until I re-log, then it's the same dance all over again :(

Ah... my issue really is intermittent - maybe 1 in 10 log-ins.

Good luck with resolving it. Every log-in would be an utter pain!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Ah... my issue really is intermittent - maybe 1 in 10 log-ins.

Good luck with resolving it. Every log-in would be an utter pain!

Thank you, Emma.  Hope yours is finally resolved too. The last thing on the list was to reset the modem - that's at least stopped things being grindingly-slow now :)  As for the rest - only time will tell.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.