Bellisseria Merpeople

Roary McGillivary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just wanted to Start a post about the Bellisserian Merpeople Group. The Group was originally founded by Persephone Kore (leriadraven) Who still is the founder and group Leader. 

When I joined Bellisseria Merpeople I did so out of just wanting and needing some thing to do. Moving to Bellisseria I felt more community spirit than I had in a long time, still there was some thing missing in my Second Life. So joining the group was a bit out of desperation for some thing to do, and a feeling of belonging. I had "done" mermaid stuff in the past in my SL but never was nothing more than some thing to occasionally pass the time and amuse myself. Later I had gone and tried to find Mermaids and places I had discovered in the past, only to find out like most things in SL it no longer existed. I thought that Mermaids had been a passing fad for others too, and that the community had died out, just to become some thing else in the obscure pages of SL history. WAS I WRONG, after joining the group I found a thriving population of Mermaids and Mermen in Second Life. One of the other main groups SWF the Safe Waters Foundation was welcoming and helped introduce me more into the community. Of course it helped to keep my Mer identity around Bellisseria, going to pickle parties, and in general swimming in and around the waters of Belli. I now feel that missing "hole" in my SL has been filled. I've met some awesome fun loving people that I feel I can call family. 

Unfortunately Persephone like the rest of us on occasion has to deal with Real Life situations and it has kept her away. I never intended to be a leader of the group, but Mahogany Dejavu and I believe in the Mer community and in our own little ways tried to help keep the community growing and alive. She and I have talked with the DJ Pirates at Bellisseria and will be having some Mer Sponsored events. On occasion around SL you may even find us in a group at a store or shopping event together, and I am not just talking Mahogany and I, I mean us and several of our sister or brother mers :). We welcome full time Mers, part time Merpeople, to include any other aquatic life as well. We take part in the boat parades, and are willing to assist in whatever capacity we are able in a water rescue situation, because we can respond quickly, already being in the water and being able to swim to the victims in need or assistance much more quickly than any rescue boat is able to get their and provide rescue operations. I hope my Mer family will find this post and add to it. Thank you   

RO 8_29_2019_001.png

Ro 8_13_2019.png

RO 8_2_2019 Squishy Pickle_001.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

Oh wow, I remember that day. (that's me, front right, with the yellow skin and the rainbow tail).

Haven't seen Bessie in ages though, I hope she is okay.

I saw her last week, still guarding that treasure chest in the big underwater maze. I haven't seen many mermaids around lately, I hope she didn't eat them all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There were merfolk in Ravenscraig (gone now) and I was a sturdy fae warrior who sometimes posed as the tavern barkeep to sneak free drinks and make some loose change until I got outed and vamoosed in the night.  Anyway, the Mer Queen of Ravenscraig was a delicious thing and she loved to cast her charms on passing men along the banks as her entertainment and would seek to lure them down to the depths of her watery world and to their own demise.  This was a warring land in those days so you could never be sure what any creature might do and that queen could fight.  Anyway, one day I spied her from the air far below me and on a whim I decided to drop down and snatch this queen up like an eagle with his delicious wiggling trout lifted out the rainbow waters, and yet she was not so tiny as a trout and a skillful diva with spear as well as her spells, and she possessed slashing blades of deadly sharp conch shards too, and so she grabbed onto me just as quickly as I onto her, and she would have disemboweled me in an instant and taken me down for fish food, I believe, if she could. Or else, surely have enslaved me for her amusement. 

Well, so suddenly I appreciated the gravity of this situation -- here we were, each locked upon each in a sudden unexpected death-match, as between some Duke of the Airs and the Queen of the Waters, both met suddenly in a seemingly explosion of mist at the wave tops where bordering the two realms we struggled now, half in water, half in the air.  Oh, her tail whipped up the turgid waves as she sought to pull me under as HER prize, and I beat my wings half wet now against the thin air to lift us both, and yet neither could happen,  And so here we remained, struggling tightly and her lips were so tauntingly close, but I held her so she could make no stabs with her shells nor bite me.  Oh how she hated me for the nerve of thinking I could boldly steal her from her queendom, as my own daisy to toy with, and how she hissed her sea curses at me through luscious lips and angry sparklingly, fascinating eyes.  But fae have their own magics and though struggling for my life as hard as she for hers, I smiled at her in all gentlemanly grace I could manage, to tease her about our predicament, though my face tightened with the struggle of wings unable yet to prevail against the under-powers of her beautiful curvy tail.  Still, I taunted her with saucy sweet musings while trying to calculate if I might conquer this queen, or else, better make a quick extrication lest I find my tired muscles drawing down into the depths of her shadowy world where who knows what awaits me there.  Seelie pride could not allow that!

So, I laughed suddenly like a sneering lusty pirate to enrage her and feigned a kiss against her lovely neck being sure to keep away from her teeth, and this so diverted her concentration for just an instant that I used my stronger arms to push us apart and grabbed the air with my hardy wings and lifted just above her where I smiled down at her for the neatness of that trick. It freed us both and yes I was safe a few meters above to taunt the beauty if I chose, yet I did not.  I paid her the respect she was due for her skills and her reign of charms in her own magical world, and like equals of different realms I saluted her and lifted away with tired wings.  That experiment was over, and I'm sure if she were to read this today, even though It was a single chance encounter, she remembers.

All should visit the mer world, while they seem quietly satisfied in their temporary and sassy peace.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 4:18 PM, Alyona Su said:

I saw her last week, still guarding that treasure chest in the big underwater maze. I haven't seen many mermaids around lately, I hope she didn't eat them all.

No we are on good terms with Bess, RL has really clobbered us hard lately, we are still around just a few less of us lately. 

14 minutes ago, Roary McGillivary said:

No we are on good terms with Bess, RL has really clobbered us hard lately, we are still around just a few less of us lately. 

That's good to know. And it IS that time of year where people are the busiest of all (regarding being seen in world, at least).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.