The future of Lara?

angelikiinha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The main thing, for me, about Lara is that I hate the shape of the legs from the knee-down, it is very European-looking. Asians don't have as much "shape" and westerners LOL - we are more like tube-people, including the legs.

Ahhh so you prefer the Belleza and Legacy because they don't have shapely legs .... gotcha. I concur the legs on the other bodies aren't nearly as shapely.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Ahhh so you prefer the Belleza and Legacy because they don't have shapely legs .... gotcha. I concur the legs on the other bodies aren't nearly as shapely.

It is precisely the opposite. Will post a picture for you later today. LOL

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I concur completely! The main thing, for me, about Lara is that I hate the shape of the legs from the knee-down, it is very European-looking. Asians don't have as much "shape" and westerners LOL - we are more like tube-people, including the legs. I am able to achieve that shape a lot more closely with another mesh body. And this is part of the "value" equation also, that we put our own values on the things we obtain. Some may laugh at me for this, but I know it's the kind of a thing for many.

Though I did wear the Lara on my alt for years until the Legacy demo became available on Market Place (Because I demoed in their shop and said NO. Mostly to the experience of the shop. LOL). Again, it comes down to my version of value, which I may describe to some, but would never attempt to force it onto others.

7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It is precisely the opposite. Will post a picture for you later today. LOL

Just going by your own words. You say that the shape works better with your Asian legs because they are tube shaped. 

Personally, while I prefer the shape of the Maitreya legs by far over any other body, I wouldn't say the other bodies don't have shapely legs. I just prefer a more graceful leg rather than a tube shaped leg or a knee that looks like that of a body builder.

And I will leave it at that because vive la différence.

50 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Just going by your own words. You say that the shape works better with your Asian legs because they are tube shaped. 

Personally, while I prefer the shape of the Maitreya legs by far over any other body, I wouldn't say the other bodies don't have shapely legs. I just prefer a more graceful leg rather than a tube shaped leg or a knee that looks like that of a body builder.

And I will leave it at that because vive la différence.

Belleza vs Mailtreya Legs 01Belleza vs Mailtreya Legs 02

It's my own preference, that's all. I know most people don't pay attention to this kind of detail, I do. So that's why I say I use what works for me and you should use what works for you, there is not right or wrong. But then there's this, which I cannot unsee:

Shoulders A

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

I didn't pick the Maitreya for Neph because it was the 'prettiest' body. But because when I went shopping with Orwar, all I ever saw on the events were women's clothes, much of which was Maitreya exclusive. Were I rich (or had a generous sugar mommy) I would probably want a Belleza or Slink body (haven't had a suuper close look at either, since I bought head and body on day 1, knowing which brand I wanted and having an idea what she should look like).

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

My Lara legs don't look like yours. That's one nice thing about using the sliders to get the look you desire with the Lara.

Certainly and neither should it. Though your example highlights what I've been trying to describe: Adding muscle to the legs thickens the thigh without (or barely) doing so for the calves. Thus, I cannot get the look I desire with Lara. See how we're both right? That's the benefit of choice. :) The Belleza is more balanced in this regard. That's my primary point and when I say Maitreya has a European look to me, this is what I mean. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

Just now, Alyona Su said:

Certainly and neither should it. Though your example highlights what I've been trying to describe: Adding muscle to the legs thickens the thigh without (or barely) doing so for the calves. The Belleza is more balanced in this regard. That's my primary point and when I say Maitreya has a European look to me, this is what I mean. :)

Being a full thighed woman with slender calves in RL makes me much more comfortable in my Lara. To me the Belleza legs look too masculine for my taste.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Being a full thighed woman with slender calves in RL makes me much more comfortable in my Lara. To me the Belleza legs look too masculine for my taste.

Precisely this! Exactly. Besides, if you're like me, who will be like you, right? ~Proffers big hugz~

Edited by Alyona Su

On 8/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, Matty Luminos said:

@Tess Falworth your picture is beautiful but it illustrates exactly what I mean about the shoulder looking like extruded plasticine. Not merely the lack of definition but the shape itself is anatomically wrong

tess.thumb.png.16a12089eb9f19ad098ba83bb038bb37.png

It looks like it's boneless. Like the tentacles on a Twilek's head. 

Looking at it more constructively, it looks like the crease of the armpit goes up too high and curves outwards too much. There's just not enough bulk on top of the shoulder and on the outside of it. And the collarbones seem to be too short.

Imma gonna play with sliders, see if there's any combination that improves it.

You know, now that you and Alyona Su pointed out this flaw in Maitreya Lara, I cannot unsee it!

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.