The future of Lara?

angelikiinha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I would shift to Belleza but not for those reasons.

I just think it's better.

But... there's no reason to have an update just to have an update. All the established mesh bodies have been waiting for Baked on Mesh to hit the grid fully enough. Now that it's in Firestorm, they can safely support it.

I'd suspect updates will be rolling out over the next year. Maitreya will likely be... 2nd or third. Let some smaller brand new body do it wrong, and fix from that. Belleza will likely be dead last - but solid best. Belleza usually waits till everyone else has had a feature for months, and then looks at everything that went wrong, and then does it's own version avoiding all ya'lls mistakes.

But... there hasn't been a change in the tech since Bento until Baked on Mesh... and that hit over this last week for Firestorm, the number one viewer...

- So of course there's not been an update for some time.

As for the problem with breasts and such... yeah - that will never change. That is actually why I first went to Belleza:

https://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/mesh-avatar-bosom-comparison/

But it's baked into the product line now - if they fix the Maitreya breasts they will break every single fitmesh clothing top item out right now for Maitreya...

Slink had BoM on release day for all of their bodies, and flawlessly so. It's not really a hard feature to implement compared the previous big new tech things.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Read again please, I said 1.86m ****RL**** so that I need a tall ava in SL to appear taller than others, this is why MAITREYA is perfectly useless to me or I'd look like a 12th century chinese girl with ridiculously small feet

Huge numbers of people wear Maitreya and are well over 2m tall. You just need to edit the shape; and if you can't do that, then the problem is with the user and not the body.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Slink had BoM on release day for all of their bodies, and flawlessly so. It's not really a hard feature to implement compared the previous big new tech things.

Yep, besides even with other big features others got it right as well. For example bento hands took Slink, Maitreya and even some smaller brands a few months after full release (from 1 to 5) and there weren't really any bugs. Same took Belleza 1.5 years.

And they still got Jake's hands wrong, even after 2.0 update (december 2018, so 2 years after bento release): despite adding idle animations to hands they still "spray" into default pose for other people (i.e. if look from the side/other  viewer), unless the user uses bento animations for everything, including sits/ground sits. This update to male body actually broke previous bento content for that body, too. So yeah, if there's any creator who always gets it wrong, while also taking their sweet time, it's Belleza's.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Huge numbers of people wear Maitreya and are well over 2m tall. You just need to edit the shape; and if you can't do that, then the problem is with the user and not the body.

Ah yeah ? Really ? Try to edit the feet. At least one the demo given in the shop it's impossible.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

Ah yeah ? Really ? Try to edit the feet. At least one the demo given in the shop it's impossible.

Nobody is arguing about the feet.  If you want to be so tall that the feet look too small to you then clearly this isn't the body for your special needs and never was.  There is an update coming soon, who knows maybe resizeable feet will be part of it.  There is nothing that says the feet have to stay that way.  If it is important to Maitreya and their customers then it can be changed at anytime.  It is doubtful making the feet resizeable would break any content so it isn't like changing the shape of the torso.

24 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

It is doubtful making the feet resizeable would break any content so it isn't like changing the shape of the torso.

For years the de facto size for the women's foot in shapes has been zero. If Maitreya feet were allowed to become smaller than they are now everyone who is wearing a shape with size 0 feet would have their feet become smaller. No currently available Maitreya shoes are rigged to follow the foot size slider so they'd no longer fit the foot until the owner changed the foot size in their shape to a specific size that matches the "old size 0", and those shoes would also not change size with the foot slider.

Here are my reports on using Bakes on Mesh with Maitreya Lara:

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/10/02/the-firestorm-second-life-viewer-now-supports-bakes-on-mesh/

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/10/03/second-life-bakes-on-mesh-truly-a-second-life-for-your-system-avatar-skins-and-clothing/

In summary, Bakes on Mesh works like a charm, and I can now wear all my old system skins on my Maitreya Lara mesh body and Catwa mesh head! In the second blogpost, I also post about a free set of finger and feet fixers for older system skin from League. I have tested them out and they word well.

I'm very happy with the BoM relay for Maitreya and for Catwa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MALIFAX said:

The feet and lack of resize have always been somewhat of a downside, however i have tried on alts bodies with feet that can be resized in edit mode and the feet only look good and correct within a specific value range. if i remember right on the TMP feet the optimum foot slider value is 45 anything below 40 and above 50 looks weird. Traditionally in the days of system feet, shoes were made for a foot size of 0 you could go lager but your feet would look like ogre feet

On 10/3/2019 at 8:27 AM, MALIFAX said:

I'm 1.86m RL so I wanna be tall here too : impossible with MAITREYA that is only for petite sized (or so) ones.

If you're using the SL viewer (and possibly some other third party viewers as well) , and you're reading your height from the shape editor window, don't forget that number will show several inches shorter than your true height. So you might actually be taller than you think you are.  Firestorm shows the accurate height, up to the top of your head.

My avatar, with Maitreya and Firestorm, is at 2.06m (about 6'9") and there's still room on the sliders to go taller if I wanted to. The official viewer tells me I'm 1.87m (about 6'2").

17 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

If you're using the SL viewer (and possibly some other third party viewers as well) , and you're reading your height from the shape editor window, don't forget that number will show several inches shorter than your true height. So you might actually be taller than you think you are.  Firestorm shows the accurate height, up to the top of your head.

My avatar, with Maitreya and Firestorm, is at 2.06m (about 6'9") and there's still room on the sliders to go taller if I wanted to. The official viewer tells me I'm 1.87m (about 6'2").

Yes I agree, but then, (just for fun), try to push your MAITREYA ava at full height and look at your feet after ;)

1 minute ago, MALIFAX said:

Yes I agree, but then, (just for fun), try to push your MAITREYA ava at full height and look at your feet after ;)

Oh hell, I totally agree about the feet. In fact it was me that mentioned resizeable feet on about page 1 of this thread.

On 9/28/2019 at 4:40 PM, Marianne Little said:

It has been a very slow and sluggish SL for several hours. I think it's a script failure, the unpacking script hasn't worked properly. One should always try again before crying out that there is something wrong. The seller of Maitreya Lara does not control Second Life and can't be blamed for things out of their control.

If @AnnHerrickhave got her problems solved and the body, all is ok. But the easiness with unpacker scripts has made us trust them too much. In cases like this, unpack by rezzing the shopping bag instead of wearing it, and open, copy to inventory. This way you can also see the contents.

Until you run across one of those that has a delete on rez script in it.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, MALIFAX said:

MAITREYA is not that good to me, specially their overall look : when zooming close you definetely see it cubic, and also the fact their feet are not even resizable. My Deluxe TMP is entirely (not head sold apart). I'm 1.86m RL so I wanna be tall here too : impossible with MAITREYA that is only for petite sized (or so) ones. I'm perving the LAGACY one now but as many people say, TMP promised free updates on Deluxe body and the only one they offer after 5 years is a 2500 L$ new classic one. So I'm scared about the LEGACY updates...   TMP does a nice job but those people are SO GREEDY that I seriously hesitate to buy this new LEGACY. I'll probably wait for a free update  XD

Odd. Mine came maxed out in height and was over 8 feet tall so I had to reduced it considerably to come closer to my own RL height of 5' 4". And I can change the foot size simply by going into Appearance just as I do with the system body. Remember height isn't just the torso, it's in the leg length too.

10 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Read again please, I said 1.86m ****RL**** so that I need a tall ava in SL to appear taller than others, this is why MAITREYA is perfectly useless to me or I'd look like a 12th century chinese girl with ridiculously small feet

Oh you mean those women whose foot bones were broken and bent and bound so that they could not run away or walk.

14 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Oh you mean those women whose foot bones were broken and bent and bound so that they could not run away or walk.

Yes those. They could walk though, hardly, but they could to still be able to serve men around (grrr....)

Lara need an update with smooth crotch area, the Camel Toe is strong, and it really ruins the look of swimwear and tights when I use Bakes on Mesh. My idea was that layering would be so easy now, with BoM on the inner layers...

I don't think it will be a problem with small areas like the crotch.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Confused 1

On the matter of size, FS shows me at 6'2". Not sure if that's with feet set to high. I never met a guy who didn't tower above me.

Some girls are chest height but others are way taller than me.

So I'm happy enough being that tall even though in some company I'm the shortest.

Edited by BelindaN

On 10/4/2019 at 5:32 AM, MALIFAX said:

I edit the size of my feet just fine. But then I use Belleza...

I also have full materials support (normal and specular maps) and avatar physics and for more parts of my body than just the bosom... which can go above size 50 and below 30 without deforming...

- see, when they add a feature, they wait to see how everyone else did it wrong, then do it right. :P

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

4 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I edit the size of my feet just fine. But then I use Belleza...

I also have full materials support (normal and specular maps) and avatar physics and for more parts of my body than just the bosom... which can go above size 50 and below 30 without deforming...

- see, when they add a feature, they wait to see how everyone else did it wrong, then do it right. :P

You do realize that it is a matter of opinion and that there are many of us who have tried the Belleza and don't like the appearance of it? I could slam it but that's really rude and just an opinion so I won't. 

• Like 4

On 10/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, Blush Bravin said:

You do realize that it is a matter of opinion and that there are many of us who have tried the Belleza and don't like the appearance of it? I could slam it but that's really rude and just an opinion so I won't. 

I concur. I have the Lara, though I prefer the Belleza, myself. Though I have no reason or desire to either offend the Lara or proclaim the Belleza superior, though it is. For me. The wonderful thing about having so many mesh bodies (and heads and everything else) to choose from is precisely so we can each choose we we like best. That doesn't mean any are superior or inferior, except in terms of our own preferences, which is a personal opinion and very different from most others' opinions.

Which mesh body you choose to use is not a competition among which others choose to use. (Except between the creators, perhaps.)

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Maitreya badly needs to update the body alpha.  Some pieces are just too big, for instance, the huge section at the back which is in the position of a bra or a crop top but is way too big for that garment and if you need to alpha that bit, you can see the gap way above the bra or crop top because of the size of that section.  Also in the front where you may need to alpha the sides of your boobs, it goes way up to the armpit and a little to the front and can be seen from every angle.  So you have to leave your boobs showing through your top.  It may be a pain to have too many tiny sections but it would look much better if you could alpha these areas and not have it show on other areas...if you see what I mean. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.