Security in new Linden Homes

innocentkay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, innocentkay said:

In the old houses, you could go under Parcel Controls, and in the Access tab, allow or block people from your home.  The new houses don't allow that, why?  

go read the forum section that is all about the Linden Homes, because all reasons that can be given, won't solve your  "why" question.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/357-linden-homes/

Alwin and Rolig have told you WHAT the new security limitations do.

Here's "why", at least according to me.  I'm not an employee of Linden Lab and my opinions are my own.

The old Linden Homes regions, and the Mainland in general, don't often offer areas with a sense of community.  This feeling that you are a part of an ongoing and positive group can lead to much greater long term satisfaction with one's life...whether RL or SL.  Some private estates have achieved this sense of community...for example, the Independent States of Caledon.

LL decided to modify the regular Mainland security settings in the new Linden Homes regions to try to foster this sense of community.  Therefore, they disabled the ability to set up wholesale ban lines, while still preserving the ability to ban evildoers specifically, one-on-one, by name.  They also prohibited the use of regular security orbs, which often impede navigation by vehicle on the Mainland.  Instead, they issued special "Bellisseria" security orbs which limit access to your home, but still allow aircraft and other vehicles to pass through your land if they maintain a reasonable separation distance (i.e., they aren't flying through your attic.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.