List of Creators Producing BoM-Compliant Goods

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, AlyssaBJaxxon said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread, but I could not find a BOM relay for the Legacy on MP or anywhere in the main store. Can you explain (or point Me to the correct thread) how to get BOM layers to apply onto the Legacy body?

It's in the HUD, look for "Apply BOM"

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The sliders on mesh heads does not respond to 0 or 100 so well. The ones that work operate in a limited range a few digits up or down from the starter shape. Some, like jowls and double chin is seldom making a big difference. Some respond better, often mouths and eyes. The nose size can be changed, but the nose shape itself not. It is the common straight nose. Making an aquiline nose or a bulbous nose from the offshelf mesh heads is almost impossible.

Noses have been the main issue with mesh heads for me, I have a few shapes that I have still not been able to migrate to a mesh head because of that limitation, though between LightStar and Slink it is getting there. I am seriously allergic to the cutsey nose that is the mesh head standard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlyssaBJaxxon said:

Thank you! It took a little digging around in there, but I found it. :)

Good! I didn't want to just give away the easy answer by pointing you to it, so you had to search for it and while doing that, learn that HUD a little better. So win-win! :D

• Like 1

I know that Altamura has a free gift with a BoM applier which includes one system female and one system male skin. Tonic Curvy and Fine has a free gift on their counter with a BoM applier but the owner has already updated both bodies and at least one head that I know of that. She sent them out as updates and anyone owning the body or head can get the update redelivered.

Catwa, Belleza and Maitreya have applier and some products updated. I have not checked into them very much to see if they have updated products yet.

• Like 1

Well,  I have just tested out the Catwa BOM hud with an older skin I wanted to use for Halloween without having to take off my Catwa head,,  and to my amazement it worked really well.. thank goodness the skin maker included the original system layer textures as well as appliers for my mesh body..  This skin is over 5 years old unfortunately she is not still in SL.. but even back then she knew enough to include the system layer textures..  which a lot of skin makers today do not do :(  

Edited by Tazzie Tuque
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Izzie's has released BOM updates to many of her items.  The nice thing about an update to some Jeggings - she created both tattoo and underwear layers.

Btw, Izzie's has like 5 boxes in her store by the reception desk that contain all her older system stuff for 10L a piece. Much of it is still wonderful in 2019 (you can toss out the items that are dated). Definitely was worth picking up. 

• Like 2

I asked Pixieplumb Flanagan, who runs Baby Monkey, to include System Layers in her new Applier lines, and she has now done that.   Her absolutely essential Baby Tee freebies already has them.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/20058

secondlife://KERAXIC/28/171/26

Edited by anna2358
added links
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 5:23 PM, AlyssaBJaxxon said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread, but I could not find a BOM relay for the Legacy on MP or anywhere in the main store. Can you explain (or point Me to the correct thread) how to get BOM layers to apply onto the Legacy body?

I don't have Legacy, but I belive the style HUD, the page where you choose the default skins, there are some "lines" symbol. Click that and get a new window where it is says. "Apply BoM". That's it. No relay needed, the option is in the HUD iteself.

Edit: I found you a video! The legacy is at 3:50

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

Please please please linden labs and slink - talk to each other. I love my slink toenails and fingernails. And I love baked on mesh because it allows me to use all of my old tattoos and undies and things.

Except one (well, two) things. Sheer stockings and gloves (I do have a couple of the latter). They get painted under the toenails (or fingernails), which just looks terrible. Slink provides the opportunity to apply a tint to the feet which works - more or less - if you happen to be able to work out what colour tint and the stockings don't have patterns (OK, yes, I am a teeny bit obsessive).

So currently I'm using my "classic" body with a "bake-on-mesh applier that magically changes the body to one using bakes on mesh, and i use omega applier for the stockings and system layers for everything else - for outfits where I can, anyway - where I have an applier for the stockings. And I can't do that for fingernails and sheer gloves at all. But I'd love not to have to do this and to just put my stockings on and see my nails through them.

Wouldn't it be possible for linden to do something so that you could mark things as being body parts? Please? (This'd also work wonderfully for people who like studs and things I think)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up a Session BOM Body pack. They still offer their appliers, but they now have a BOM-only body pack and the fatback (L$950, I think) includes an abundance of tattoo layers to add amazing variety of details like freckles, moles, wrinkle (yes, LOL) cleavage, breast-size (based on the under-shadow) and so on. If you're rocking BOM and still looking for a good skin, go look at Session and grab demos, including the BOM Body pack.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I just picked up a Session BOM Body pack. They still offer their appliers, but they now have a BOM-only body pack and the fatback (L$950, I think) includes an abundance of tattoo layers to add amazing variety of details like freckles, moles, wrinkle (yes, LOL) cleavage, breast-size (based on the under-shadow) and so on. If you're rocking BOM and still looking for a good skin, go look at Session and grab demos, including the BOM Body pack.

WhOOHOOoOoOOOo!  I love Session and have been making do with some pitiful quality tattoo “age lines” which look a bit like old fashioned stage make-up, lol.  I’m eager to see the Session wrinkles, look my age and still feel beautiful 😉

1 hour ago, BJoyful said:

WhOOHOOoOoOOOo!  I love Session and have been making do with some pitiful quality tattoo “age lines” which look a bit like old fashioned stage make-up, lol.  I’m eager to see the Session wrinkles, look my age and still feel beautiful 😉

Yes, Session is amazing. The new face I got doesn't have system layers, but will hopefully be added in the future, so I am still using the applier for the head. On the Legacy body I turned on the BOM option and demoed the BOM Body pack and the first thing I immediately notice: Almost ZERO neck seam. I'm not as happy with the painted girl bits as I was with the Legacy skins and Deetalez (Legacy are better) - but since I do not trollop all over the grid, it's a moot point.

The BOM Body pack includes all skin tones, Then you can buy the add-on tattoo options or get the fat-pack that has everything. So I went shopping to replace my Pepe Skins (because no BOM) and went with Deetales, but was fighting that darned neck seem (Deetales isn't very good in that regard with legacy+Genus) - so went to Sessions and whoa!

My guy BFF/Business Partner (Not BF, I'm still solitary, boo-hoo (for all the men reading LOL)) loves Session since forever, so I had to go look and demo. Now facepalming myself for not doing so before now. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

I’m not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but this is where I came to find out when and if the products I wear had been updated.  Although I didn’t find out exactly what I needed to know about my Belleza body, I did find a plethora of valuable information about what to look for 🧐 so after some redeliveries and waiting for update information and a bit of trial and error...  

I’m BoM ready with the free BoM converter HUD for Belleza bodies available at Belleza HQ.  It was easy to try and test and also to reverse the process while I figured out what I needed to do to match my head and body skin.  In my case, I got the system layer version of my body skin first (from DeeTaleZ) and with a little advice from the Creator and store owner, chose a mature-ish Head skin to match that skin tone and wear it in a tattoo layer on my BoM converted Catwa head.

Although not truly an updated BoM body... I have found it much easier to keep my Complexity under 50,000 because I can wear loads of system layer clothes again (up to 62 in total I think) and they appear under any layers I may choose to apply and reduce the amount of mesh I would normally wear.  The Belleza body alpha HUD still works perfectly.  Gladly I had saved boxed versions of many extraordinarily high quality system layer clothes from The Sea Hole (most of which are still only L$1 on MP) and Lali’s Shiny Nylon.  

On a side note, I hope the forthcoming improvements to MP will include Complexity information for wearables.  It is something I normally check when I try Demos but perhaps more access, availability and awareness of the complexity values will help us make SL less laggy for all to enjoy.  Thanks to everyone for posting such valuable advice and information 🥰

Just now, Alyona Su said:

Until Belleza comes out with a BOM update, there is free this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Belleza-BoM-HUD-V10/18091815

I actually found that by accident when shopping for a Jake demo with my partner at Belleza HQ!  I don’t know how I missed it the last time I was there grabbing a Redelivery to check for a BoM updated body.  I’m thrilled with how well it works and the nearly infinite possibilities it opens up!  Now... all I need from Belleza is a ‘ToeNails None’ option added to the HUD (already has one for fingernails) so I don’t have to wear only toed shoes to hide my “press-on nails” look, as they appear on top of my system tights, lol

2 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I actually found that by accident when shopping for a Jake demo with my partner at Belleza HQ!  I don’t know how I missed it the last time I was there grabbing a Redelivery to check for a BoM updated body.  I’m thrilled with how well it works and the nearly infinite possibilities it opens up!  Now... all I need from Belleza is a ‘ToeNails None’ option added to the HUD (already has one for fingernails) so I don’t have to wear only toed shoes to hide my “press-on nails” look, as they appear on top of my system tights, lol

Yes! LOL My trick: Create an auto-alpha that just hides the feet!

• Like 1

Just now, Alyona Su said:

Yes! LOL My trick: Create an auto-alpha that just hides the feet!

What is this alpha trickery you speak of??  😉 🧐  My Belleza Alpha has a feet on/off choice but my entire feet below the ankle disappear.  Is there some way to make custom alphas?  I think you’ve blown my mind... or my RL brain needs more RAM 😁

34 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

What is this alpha trickery you speak of??  😉 🧐  My Belleza Alpha has a feet on/off choice but my entire feet below the ankle disappear.  Is there some way to make custom alphas?  I think you’ve blown my mind... or my RL brain needs more RAM 😁

Go to belleza region and grab the free auto-alpha kit. (It's the clumsiest of all the mesh bodies, but it works) - then create an auto-alpha for just your feet. Add that auto-alpha script to an invisible object (that you create) - then add that object to your shoes or foot-covered leggings and wear both: the leggings and the auto-hide object. Now you feet will hide, but with the leggings (if foot-covered) will look like your feet are still there. :)

I also do this for heeled boots and such - I don't bother loading the HUD just to change foot position. The only time I need to do that is for the type of heels where the foot needs to be there. I do this because I usually go with flat feet. Perpetual tip-toe looks so , okay, I'm going to say it: STUPID. LOL :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Go to belleza region and grab the free auto-alpha kit. (It's the clumsiest of all the mesh bodies, but it works) - then create an auto-alpha for just your feet. Add that auto-alpha script to an invisible object (that you create) - then add that object to your shoes or foot-covered leggings and wear both: the leggings and the auto-hide object. Now you feet will hide, but with the leggings (if foot-covered) will look like your feet are still there. :)

I also do this for heeled boots and such - I don't bother loading the HUD just to change foot position. The only time I need to do that is for the type of heels where the foot needs to be there. I do this because I usually go with flat feet. Perpetual tip-toe looks so , okay, I'm going to say it: STUPID. LOL :)

ωøW  ฬ๏ฬ  🆆🅾🆆  🅦🅞🅦  Ѡ❤Ѡ !!  You HAVE blown my mind AND I need some brain RAM too (to figure this thing out)!  Not only are you an encyclopædeia of 'Cool Stuff Everyone in SL Should Know' but you also seem to have some kind of Nerd-Magic powers.  I can't count how many times I've wished for a way to customize the oft ill-fitting alpha cuts in the HUD and now my wishes appear to have been granted!  Hmmm, now I wonder if I can't make a 'toenails only' alpha.... do you happen to know of an infinite colour tinting HUD for toenails?  (Forgive me if I ask for too many wishes 🤔)  Thank you @Alyona Su !!   I agree, walking on tiptoes all the time is just... dangerously unstable 😉

4 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

ωøW  ฬ๏ฬ  🆆🅾🆆  🅦🅞🅦  Ѡ❤Ѡ !!  You HAVE blown my mind AND I need some brain RAM too (to figure this thing out)!  Not only are you an encyclopædeia of 'Cool Stuff Everyone in SL Should Know' but you also seem to have some kind of Nerd-Magic powers.  I can't count how many times I've wished for a way to customize the oft ill-fitting alpha cuts in the HUD and now my wishes appear to have been granted!  Hmmm, now I wonder if I can't make a 'toenails only' alpha.... do you happen to know of an infinite colour tinting HUD for toenails?  (Forgive me if I ask for too many wishes 🤔)  Thank you @Alyona Su !!   I agree, walking on tiptoes all the time is just... dangerously unstable 😉

No magical-guru-nerd-knowledge. I've just been in SL for a few days, that's all LOL. Feel free to PM me and we can discuss there so we don't pollute the thread with too much off-topicness stuff. I dunnawant Linden Love (a.k.a. Forum-Post Sledge Hammer). LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just letting you know that all of the Male LightStar mesh heads have now been updated with Bakes on Mesh! These are free updates to those who already own any of the heads, simply use your update rezz box(or redelivery on the marketplace) to get the latest version .

If you try them out, let me know how you like them and what skins you like wearing with them..it's always fun to see! :)

Also I've updated 2 female heads so far...the rest to come in the near future!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dixieland Downs/40/73/21

Edited by Krystal Silverweb
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.