Refresh limits changed?

Vana Gears

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I just tried (from fresh start) to refresh repeatedly for my 10 limit. I got 8. I have been trying this randomly for about 6 days now and it's always 8. Is this because sometimes use a refresher addon even when I do not use it? I'm fickle, sometimes I use it sometimes I do not. I even make sure to logout regularly. I clean sweep daily and such, but it's still always 8. What am I doing wrong?

I haven't read anything about the refresh limits being changed.  I do remember reading something that suggested the first display of the page (the first time you go to it) does count as one of the 'refreshes'. Some people wait 60 or 70 seconds after the first display of the page before the refreshing, and various people have had luck with refresh rates from 60 to 75 seconds.

You might want to take a look at some of the hints about refreshing in this thread:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Vana Gears said:

So I just tried (from fresh start) to refresh repeatedly for my 10 limit. I got 8. I have been trying this randomly for about 6 days now and it's always 8. Is this because sometimes use a refresher addon even when I do not use it? I'm fickle, sometimes I use it sometimes I do not. I even make sure to logout regularly. I clean sweep daily and such, but it's still always 8. What am I doing wrong?

I am not sure, it is late...if you mean manually, but I refresh manually and also only get 8 tries ( always been like that.) I am used to it and just live with it. Don't know if there a reason for it.

Edited by iBrat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've not had mine cap at 8 before but at the start it would always cap at 9 until I figured out what I was doing wrong. As @moirakathleen mentioned, you will reach your cap prematurely if you don't wait at least one minute between the time you first open the 'Customize Your Home' page and pressing 'Start' on Auto Refresh OR manually refreshing the page.

For Auto Refresh the time interval should be anything above 60 seconds as well. Mine is set for 72 and that works for me. Some apparently can refresh every 60 seconds exactly. I've never been able to. No idea why.

Are you Manually refreshing or using an Auto Refresh plug in, meaning do you alternate between Manual and Automatic during the same round of refreshes/within those 10 attempts? (Even though you mentioned Auto Refresh, you said you don't use it all the time, and neither do I. I alternate but not at the same time. So I will manually refresh 10 times, log out, log back in again, wait, and then turn Auto Refresh on).

One thing I HAVE noticed and had to manually stop, was the Auto Start function (if you have it enabled). If you do it will kick in as soon as you load the page and starts refreshing every ONE SECOND (unless you have it set for a different duration). This sounds simple right but I plain forgot I had that function enabled and wondered why I was reaching limit early.

To check, click on the 'Settings' button (in Chrome it's the cog icon top right side of box), and un-check this:

Untitled.thumb.png.b3f82a8cae864ce92f5f48898f330adb.png

Then log out of your dashboard and log back in again, wait 60 seconds, and start refreshing again.

Also worth asking, have you tried clearing cookies/cache from your browser and uninstalling/re-installing Auto Refresh Plug in? That may help too. 

Beyond that not sure what else you could do. As @iBrat mentioned 8 seems to be the norm for her, maybe it's the norm for you? Glitches happen.

Wish I could give you a definitive answer, but that's all I really know, sorry. Good luck! :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

IMO it has been slightly screwed up since they put the limit in.  Some days I can do 10 in 10-11 min, other times only 9 or even 8.

It is what it is.

13 hours ago, FredrickF said:

i wouldnt be surprised if it has i noticed it gave me that screen way earlier then it should have

6 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

From my recent experience I would say that the refresh limit is a bit variable. Whether that has always been the case I don't know.

It could be the version of ARP you are using. I have used the "Hashim" version and run into the refresh error. Now I use the "older" one and have *never* run into the refresh "error" page even once with timer set to 70 seconds since using it:

ARP.jpg?v=ef3c277ec144e08bd9eb5908b81caf

I also use the BRAVE browser, not Chrome, so the page loads faster and cleaner also (no tracking and Google code injected that slows down things).

Edit to add: I've been PM'd a couple times, so: https://brave.com if you want to have a look-see at what it is.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So, apparently Google broke today?   B|

Not directed AT you, but just in response to you being PM'd for this.

Only because they couldn't know everything about you for more than five minutes. They dunn-o wot to do then. ~Snorts~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.