Sign in to follow this  
FairreLilette

Questions Regarding Height

On 8/28/2019 at 8:13 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

It’s too bad that standard animations don’t work for Tiny’s.

There's a pose locker called Wynxlock that keeps the Tiny avatar in place when using standard animations. You can get it at the freebies section in Raglan Shire.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

A good book series along the same lines, well two really, are the Mercy Thompson novels and the Alpha and Omega novels, both by the same author, Patricia Briggs. The series are tied together because they take place in the same modern day fantasy universe and Mercy is the character that ties the two series together. Werewolves, fae, vampires and walkers mostly, with the fae including anything that doesn't fall in the were/vamp categories or under First Nations stories. 

There are several wonderful descriptions of many of the fae in the books that one could base a fairy avatar on.

What a coincidence!  I just read the first of the Mercy Thompson books a few weeks ago!

A much different view of the Fae can be found in C.J. Cherryh's two books, "The Dreamstone" and "The Tree of Swords and Jewels".  They are set in a Celtic mythos and speak of the tragedy of the Elves, and the sad results when Men and Elves become involved with one another.  They are beautiful books; the only downside is the near-unpronounceable Celtic names, which make for some slow going and frequent reference to the glossary at the back.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What a coincidence!  I just read the first of the Mercy Thompson books a few weeks ago!

A much different view of the Fae can be found in C.J. Cherryh's two books, "The Dreamstone" and "The Tree of Swords and Jewels".  They are set in a Celtic mythos and speak of the tragedy of the Elves, and the sad results when Men and Elves become involved with one another.  They are beautiful books; the only downside is the near-unpronounceable Celtic names, which make for some slow going and frequent reference to the glossary at the back.

I have her Rider (Finisterre) books. I love those! I wish she would write more of those.

Those could be turned into an RP relatively easily.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

I love the long-running "Foreigner" series, although the last few have not moved the story line along very fast.  But my favoritest C.J. Cherryh book of all time is "The Paladin".  It's set in a Chinese-like world.  A young peasant girl comes to Shoka, a former official of the Imperial court, now living in exile, and demands that he teach her the sword so she can seek revenge on the man who killed her family.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 9:13 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

It’s too bad that standard animations don’t work for Tiny’s.

Really?

I have quite a few pretty little avs, including a super tiny nano, and I have never had much of an issue with animations not working. Save for very few in which it wouldn't quite work anyway (ie. for that style av). Now, positioning for things like furniture can be a bit of a chore, but, in general, most animations I've ever tried work. The nano and hamster are the ones I've used for the most animations-aside from my usual human Tari, as I take them out exploring more often. I've taken them to amusement parks, sailing, golfing, dancing, you name it, they've probably done it. 

Dances, in particular, work wonderfully (except couples ones but one shouldn't expect those to properly work, lol)

• Thanks 1

Your avatar looks lovely! My first thought is definitely "fairy", not "child". From what I can tell what makes a "child avatar" has a lot to do with proportions and facial features, like the difference between rl kids and rl adults. Children you'll typically see with rounder faces, little to no makeup, stockier proportions, and small or no breasts depending on the age range they're going for. The wings are a pretty obvious sign that she's a fairy and if they're prim that're probably decently visible from a distance. When I see pointy ears or wings on a small avatar my immediate thought is either "fairy" or "elf". By looks alone you're likely pretty safe.

The way you type and act will play a big part too. As long as she's not acting like a child or typing like a child I wouldn't see any reason to suspect her.

All of that said, you're still going to run into people that will report first, examine never. Anime avatars, Small avatars, and Androgynous avatars are increasingly under fire. To the point where utilizator posted a PSA about it on their site a few months ago. Some may be well meaning, others may be trolls. Either way, you're probably safest sticking to General and Moderate places.