An invisible friend

Leslie673

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a friend whom I've been rping with for several months now. Everything was working fine with sl notifying me when he logs on or off and we'd chat. But now it's like there's an invisible barrier between us. Sl isn't showing me when he logs on, and for some reason, he's not in my friends list on my sl profile web page! Also, I'm not getting any of his messages (and I'm assuming he's not getting mine either). A group that we're in together is the only thing that tells me when he was last on, and I have to refresh it constantly!.

I just switched from Alchemy to SL viewer and I emptied out everything. I'd be more understanding if this was a general problem happening to all my friends, but it's only happening to this friend! Idk what's going on but whatever it is, I want it fixed ASAP!

Edited by Leslie673

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Leslie673 said:

I have a friend whom I've been rping with for several months now. Everything was working fine with sl notifying me when he logs on or off and we'd chat. But now it's like there's an invisible barrier between us. Sl isn't showing me when he logs on, and for some reason, he's not in my friends list on my sl profile web page! Also, I'm not getting any of his messages (and I'm assuming he's not getting mine either). A group that we're in together is the only thing that tells me when he was last on, and I have to refresh it constantly!.

I just switched from Alchemy to SL viewer and I emptied out everything. I'd be more understanding if this was a general problem happening to all my friends, but it's only happening to this friend! Idk what's going on but whatever it is, I want it fixed ASAP!

Open your friends profile and see if you have the option to ADD FRIEND.  If its greyed out at least you are still friends and possibly they are hiding their online status.  If the option is there to add friend, then they removed you from their friends list for whatever reason.

Edited by Cindy Evanier
grammar is hard!

4 minutes ago, Leslie673 said:

I don't know why he would hide his online status.

There are a million of possible reasons. Maybe you did something your friend didnt like that much, or your friend just focuses on something else now. You will never know, unless your friend tells you.

I'm sure if something was up, he'd tell me. But that doesn't explain why I'm not receiving any messages from him and vice versa.

If one or both of you are on the Mute/Block lists of the other, that would stop messages from being seen. It can be that someone accidentally added the other to the viewer's Mute/Block list. It may also be, if one or both of you are using RLV, that an RLV device has added one of you to its blacklist.

I'm sure if something was up, he'd tell me. But that doesn't explain why I'm not receiving any messages from him and vice versa.

It's possible he clicked the option to his his online status accidentally or blocked you accidentally.  Use an alt or a friend to pass him a notecard asking him to check or to let him know you are trying to get in touch

13 hours ago, Leslie673 said:

Hes not on my block list and how do i fix the rlv? Also, I'll try the alt/friend thing.

In Firestorm, you can check the option here:
https://www.opencollar.at/uploads/2/2/1/6/22167132/7806074_orig.jpg

15 hours ago, Leslie673 said:

Sl isn't showing me when he logs on, and for some reason, he's not in my friends list on my sl profile web page! Also, I'm not getting any of his messages (and I'm assuming he's not getting mine either). A group that we're in together is the only thing that tells me when he was last on, and I have to refresh it constantly!.

Your friend decided to ignore you without saying goodbye or telling you the reasons. While an activated RLV can mess a lot with your game experience while you are logged in, it never makes your friends vanish from the friendlist you can see on secondlife.com. Never ever.

It does not even has to be your fault. People are not honest, and while your friend turned into someone you never would treat bad, your friend did what seemed to be right for him/her. And thats deleting and not answering (maybe blocking) you.

Try to get over that topic. Tomorrow the sun will rise again.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.