Gopi Passiflora

Do you think the major draw to Second Life is the "adult" stuff?

I wouldn't call it a "draw" to SL, but it sure has taken over every aspect of it. It is literally inescapable. Search Places for *any* innocuous, friendly word or description you can think of if you have A or even M ratings turned on, you'll be inundated with Sexually-related hits, most being of (what most cultures would consider to be) very deviant activities. It is what it is. Just like politics of the day. Learn to filter out the crappola. 

I come to SL when I am bored out of my mind and need someone to BS with for a while. It’s like going to a bar and chatting with the fellow next to you.

If in return I had to have SL sex I wouldn’t even log on. If a woman wants me to role play with her to make her happy, in return she needs to make me happy by at least sending a pic of her shoving some ginger up her rear end in RL.

And no, internet downloads don’t count. I can download such pictures myself.

I think there will always be that audience that come here just for sexual purposes, but I don't think they're the majority of newcomers. People are social and like to do social things in a safe environment.

I originally joined because I just liked Social games, I played a lot of Habbo hotel, RuneScape and smallworlds.

I view sex stuff ingame to be just the same as any other experience. I can do all sorts of things, from hanging out in social island and talking to random people, helping newbies in NCI, playing virtual dress up, dancing at clubs...

or dropping by an M rated dance club and ticking the little nsfw box on my avatars UI.

Its all part of the same virtual world.