Do you think the major draw to Second Life is the "adult" stuff?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wouldn't call it a "draw" to SL, but it sure has taken over every aspect of it. It is literally inescapable. Search Places for *any* innocuous, friendly word or description you can think of if you have A or even M ratings turned on, you'll be inundated with Sexually-related hits, most being of (what most cultures would consider to be) very deviant activities. It is what it is. Just like politics of the day. Learn to filter out the crappola. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Came for the sex, stayed for the shoes.

They say he still haunts welcome areas and freebie shops frightening noobs and trying to get his freak on to this very day.

My experience is dated by now, but from what I recall...while it was more likely to be men doing it, there was still a fair number of female avs walking around naked and offering themselves to all and

Posted Images

I come to SL when I am bored out of my mind and need someone to BS with for a while. It’s like going to a bar and chatting with the fellow next to you.

If in return I had to have SL sex I wouldn’t even log on. If a woman wants me to role play with her to make her happy, in return she needs to make me happy by at least sending a pic of her shoving some ginger up her rear end in RL.

And no, internet downloads don’t count. I can download such pictures myself.

I think there will always be that audience that come here just for sexual purposes, but I don't think they're the majority of newcomers. People are social and like to do social things in a safe environment.

I originally joined because I just liked Social games, I played a lot of Habbo hotel, RuneScape and smallworlds.

I view sex stuff ingame to be just the same as any other experience. I can do all sorts of things, from hanging out in social island and talking to random people, helping newbies in NCI, playing virtual dress up, dancing at clubs...

or dropping by an M rated dance club and ticking the little nsfw box on my avatars UI.

Its all part of the same virtual world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.