Qie Niangao

Where's my free Bakes-on-Mesh avatar update?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Freyja Nemeth said:

No specific announcements, no, but what they did post makes it sound (which is just what I wrote) like they will keep some layers.

" BoM will be an addition to the Lara mesh body, not a replacement of anything. We fully understand that many of you have invested a lot of time and money in both buying and creating appliers. We also expect that for certain things the use of appliers and dedicated layers might still be preferred. "

" We have been re-thinking the layer system and how to best use it in a world where BoM exists. "

Yes, it COULD mean they will also go for a separate body (and I hope that is the case), the wording just didn't quite sound like it to me.

The intention was to express that we don't plan to leave anybody 'high and dry' and plan to support what I/we feel will be a gradual transition to BoM for most users. We realize that some will dive in head first and that's great. Others for a variety of reasons may be slower to change over, and yet others will find themselves somewhere in the middle. We hope the next version of the body will be something that everyone can use whatever way works best for their individual needs.

I'm not speculating with this, Onyx and I co-wrote that blog post, and since the lines you quoted are mine, I don't have to guess at the intention behind them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Freyja Nemeth said:

" We have been re-thinking the layer system and how to best use it in a world where BoM exists. "

"Getting rid of it" is the only answer that gets you out of the "naughty" corner.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

as a person who has a Maitreya Lara body which is my main body then what I would like is a BOM body with only 1 onion layer

what I want to do is BOM my body art and under garments, and I want the onion layer to stick outer garments on - like t-shirts, chemises and other tops, to wear under my mesh jackets, cardigans, etc. I don't want to BOM my outer garments on the body layer as I don't want these garments to be totally body form-fitting on the nipples. Also in addition, I want to wear tights on the onion layer so that is not as form-fitting as the body layer. Like I don't want camel-toe when wearing tights

personally I don't see why I would want a body like it is now, just with a BOM added

as for me, having more than one onion layer in addition to BOM would be pretty much superfluous. Others might have a need/want for more than one layer but for me I would have no use for it

probably the only other important thing is that were I to get a new Maitreya BOM body with only one onion layer then I would be happy to pay something, provided all my existing mesh clothes continue to fit as they do now. Which means I will also need to be able to still do alpha cuts. Knowing that in the future, mesh clothing designers will start making garments with BOM alphas which I will be able to graduate too

so altogether at this time, I will be happy to pay some money (with maybe a little discount for existing customers) for BOM + one onion layer + alpha cuts

ps edit add.  for my normal human avatar look. I will never buy a BOM body without an onion layer, because of the form-fitting factor

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 1

This is why I get so frustrated with LL's impartial feature implementation process, especially with their recent "follow-up feature" mindset.

It causes unnecessary rifts and disruption in large industries or where large amounts of content have already been released when LL should have gotten things right from the start, especially when they later make changes to a feature' behavior/rendering.

Materials support doesn't exist with BoM now, but it's allegedly going to come with a follow-up release. There's also the possibility of a BoM for objects not even tied to wearables and body layers, which IMO, would have been the best form factor to implement BoM to begin with.

Animesh also is going to have to deal with render changes with body shape support that is coming and a large amount of content has already been released.

Body shape and attach point support were asked about day1 when work on Animesh had begun a whole 1.5 years before it was released to the grid. Less than a few day's worth of work went into the body shape support that now exists on Aditi. Its a shame this couldn't have been added to the initial work schedule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

The intention was to express that we don't plan to leave anybody 'high and dry' and plan to support what I/we feel will be a gradual transition to BoM for most users. We realize that some will dive in head first and that's great. Others for a variety of reasons may be slower to change over, and yet others will find themselves somewhere in the middle. We hope the next version of the body will be something that everyone can use whatever way works best for their individual needs.

I'm not speculating with this, Onyx and I co-wrote that blog post, and since the lines you quoted are mine, I don't have to guess at the intention behind them.

Thank you for clarifying. However, I was not questioning that anyone would be left "high and dry". I don't doubt that you will support your users very well. That said, what I took out of it was that it sounded like you'd leave additional layers in. I understand that you don't want to either confirm or deny that at this point, but that still leaves the possibility that it will be one body with more than one layer. Which is all this discussion was about.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.