Is sky building possible?

Faith Karsin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, this is my first post within the forum so I hope that my post will be okay.

In the event that I do ever get a Belliseria home, are you able to put something up in the sky above your home? Like if I wanted to have a platform up high in the sky above my house, can I do that?

Another question: Is there anyplace that someone could go and look at the homes with their avatar to see if they would like to own one? I have looked at the pictures on the "Get your home now" page but I would prefer to actually be able to look around inside the house myself. Where might a person be able to do that?

4 minutes ago, Faith Karsin said:

Hello all, this is my first post within the forum so I hope that my post will be okay.

In the event that I do ever get a Belliseria home, are you able to put something up in the sky above your home? Like if I wanted to have a platform up high in the sky above my house, can I do that?

Another question: Is there anyplace that someone could go and look at the homes with their avatar to see if they would like to own one? I have looked at the pictures on the "Get your home now" page but I would prefer to actually be able to look around inside the house myself. Where might a person be able to do that?

at the Belliseria continents you'r allowed to build in the sky, the covenant tells you what the height limits are, so it won't be visisble from the ground ánd the travelers in the sky have some space to safely navigate.

You can go walk around at Belliseria and cam into the homes everywhere, and there are several homes open for visiting.

• Thanks 2

Thank you so much Alwin! I have a little parcel of land  that I am using my tier for but I have been thinking about the new linden homes. I want to get rid of my parcel and get one of those but wanted to make sure of those things before I went ahead and gave up my plot. Thanks again 😁

23 minutes ago, Faith Karsin said:

Another question: Is there anyplace that someone could go and look at the homes with their avatar to see if they would like to own one? I have looked at the pictures on the "Get your home now" page but I would prefer to actually be able to look around inside the house myself. Where might a person be able to do that

If you happen to find your way to Anati you are welcome to have a nosey round my place shouldn't be hard to miss i have a bike dispenser out the front

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Faith Karsin said:

I want to get rid of my parcel and get one of those but wanted to make sure of those things before I went ahead and gave up my plot.

Apologies if you are well aware of this but since you are a brand new member I feel it should be mentioned:  if you give up your plot expecting to immediately obtain a new premium home you will most likely be disappointed.

Take a good look around the forums. Supplies are limited. The When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? thread gives an idea of the lengths it might take to get a home at this particular moment. In summary, the only homes available are small releases by LL and those abandoned by others. A few are abandoned every day. There are 2-3 small releases (20ish homes each) per week which are at random times and sell out in seconds.

On the other hand if you increase your tier level so you have 1024 free, you can try for a new home without giving up your old. You'll only be charged if you get a new home. 

Edited by cicelydawn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It can be fun to join the Bellisseria Citizens Group, free and you don't need to be a member to join.  You can go to events and parties etc., lots of aspiring Bellisserians do that!  If you go to the group's inworld headquarters in Arrgh (really the best region name ever), you can pick up info about the Belli Home Tour.  These are folks who welcome people coming into and poking around their homes.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Arrgh/145/124/27

The next regions to be released will probably go this week, between the hours of 7AM-3:30PM SLT, most likely on Wednesday or Friday, tho both Tuesday and Thurs releases have happened.   Look at Gangway, Beluga Cove, and Porthole regions.  New region releases are snapped up in seconds.  But there is a slow but steady turnover of both houseboats and traditional houses all day long.

Sometime during the next month or so a new theme for Belli will be released, Campers/Trailers, and they will be on 512 tier lots.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Faith Karsin said:

Thank you so much Alwin! I have a little parcel of land  that I am using my tier for but I have been thinking about the new linden homes. I want to get rid of my parcel and get one of those but wanted to make sure of those things before I went ahead and gave up my plot. Thanks again 😁

Hi, Faith. If you own your mainland parcel through a group which you have donated tier to, you can temporarily withdraw your tier so it's available when you want to try for a Bellisseria home. Just remember to add the tier back to the group after you've made the attempt. If you do succeed in the Linden Home lottery chase you can abandon your mainland plot, or increase your tier level to maintain it also.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Faith Karsin said:

I have a little parcel of land  that I am using my tier for but I have been thinking about the new linden homes. I want to get rid of my parcel and get one of those but wanted to make sure of those things before I went ahead and gave up my plot. Thanks again 😁

2 hours ago, Yorkie Bardeen said:

Hi, Faith. If you own your mainland parcel through a group which you have donated tier to, you can temporarily withdraw your tier so it's available when you want to try for a Bellisseria home. Just remember to add the tier back to the group after you've made the attempt. If you do succeed in the Linden Home lottery chase you can abandon your mainland plot, or increase your tier level to maintain it also.

If you are willing to pay the $4 or $7 (depending on how much tier you are currently using) for a single month, you don't even have to remove your current tier donation from any group.  Just tick the higher tier level button on your Land Use Fees page and that will result in enough "available" tier to do the "request/search" for a Linden Home.  Then when you finally claim a home, you can decide whether to abandon the Mainland parcel or sell it or keep it. 

Regardless of which circle is ticked on that page, you will only ever be charged for Tier that you actually use, so if you get rid of your other parcel (and take back the tier donation, if applicable) after claiming the Linden Home, then you would only end up with a single month of the Tier being charged.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, cicelydawn said:

Take a good look around the forums. Supplies are limited. The When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? thread gives an idea of the lengths it might take to get a home at this particular moment. In summary, the only homes available are small releases by LL and those abandoned by others. A few are abandoned every day. There are 2-3 small releases (20ish homes each) per week which are at random times and sell out in seconds.

On the other hand if you increase your tier level so you have 1024 free, you can try for a new home without giving up your old. You'll only be charged if you get a new home. 

Thank you very much! I will do just that! :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you are willing to pay the $4 or $7 (depending on how much tier you are currently using) for a single month, you don't even have to remove your current tier donation from any group.  Just tick the higher tier level button on your Land Use Fees page and that will result in enough "available" tier to do the "request/search" for a Linden Home.  Then when you finally claim a home, you can decide whether to abandon the Mainland parcel or sell it or keep it. 

Regardless of which circle is ticked on that page, you will only ever be charged for Tier that you actually use, so if you get rid of your other parcel (and take back the tier donation, if applicable) after claiming the Linden Home, then you would only end up with a single month of the Tier being charged.

That is a fantastic idea, thank you so much!!!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.