Mesh Head for Male avi

Gundahard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. 

Before i say anything more , i want to warn you that even if i am a member of second life for more than 12 years i am very bad when comes to shopping and avatar building...and when i say very bad i mean very bad!! 

Now question is : i decided to try a mesh head for my avi. I already have a mesh body (signature gianni). I dont care much for animations , what i care is to be a good quality and good looking one. I found CATWA as far but they have too few male heads...what i ask is ..are there other alternatives than CATWA to check out? Also when i will have my head i will update my skin also. I think skin is the most important thing when comes to face characteristics. I will need omega appliers for add the new skin to my body and new head? ...Thank you for your answers beforhand 

try [Ak] heads  , Altamura,  Logo ( logo have one on a nice sale at ebento fair)

the heads usually came with  skins but,for better look and no neck lines , i'll sugest some complete omega skins, but   is a personal choice. (90% of the look is the skin)

Catwa has many male heads. But some are separated in different parts of the store. I think this is so the older heads is not mistaken for the new Bento heads with lots of animations. The older heads are called Frame Animation heads. The Teleport board in Catwa mainstore has it to the top left.

Since you don't care for animations, you can try those heads too. You can buy a static head and then eyes blink add-on. Because static or not, the eyes should really move. Or else it is lifeless. Catwa has a lot of support in the Catwa Friends group, and it is almost always a CSR inworld that can help you.

Why do I still bring up Catwa? I mentioned the help you can get, but also, you get to pick between a lot of skins. Almost all male skins that's made is made for Catwa. This will make it easier shopping, you don't have to hunt down the few stores that sell skins for other head brands.

Of course you can use the default skins that comes with the heads, but very few does that.

To sum it up: Go back to Catwa and check you have all the head demos. Next, your skin. Are you using the default Signature Gianni skin? That will probably not match any head you buy (neck seam will show where the head and body meet). This is a known issue, and I have not yet seen a 100% fit. But with a skin applier for the head and body from the same skin creator, you get a match very close to 100%. You have to zoom in really close, closer than anyone does for regular use.

So what do you want to look like? I must admit that I am biased. I buy Stray Dog for my alt, so I recommend what I find good enough to give my money. Stray Dog also have other skins than the common "Medium tan dude with dark eyebrows". https://www.flickr.com/photos/gac_akina/ They sell Asian skins, dark skins, very dark skins, skins that fit the Nordic blonde look, and even some skins with a bit of facial lines. Plus all kinds of medium tan. ;) Pick up demos for what you like, that has a Catwa logo on it. Also pick up a demo for their Signature Gianni body skins, so you can take a look at yourself from top to toe.

If you don't like the skins, ask in Catwa Friends group for other skins. I don't know all other skin brands... I only stick with this one.

Now go home, or to a quiet sandbox, and start to try the demos. Ask for help in the group if you have problems.

The other brand I recommend is LeLutka, but that's only 1 or 2 heads. Stray Dog has a selection of skins for them too.

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.