Blank Pictures in the Marketplace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since a while i see more and more blank pictures in the marketplace. No placeholders that you see if the creator didn't use a picture or broken links to the pictures, but simply white blank pictures. I can see them in the built-in browser of the firestorm viewer, in the chrome browser and also in the firefox browser. Does anyone know the reason for this?

How am i supposed to use the marketplace if many pages look like this?

https://gyazo.com/653c0c7e7531d17d1e255ec64312faf9

Edited by LynValentine

I post gachas on the marketplace- these would be items that I did not create rather that I obtained by paying a machine and receiving a prize.  Many of those items I will list for 10 Linden's or 25 Linden's at the most.  It's an involved enough process to list an item that will net me less than 10 lindens due to LLs fee.  But for me to take time to find a picture of the item or to rezz it out of my inventory and photograph itand take it back & list- well it's just a lot of extra work for the one or two pennies that I might receive if someone purchases it.  Could I be accused of being lazy?  Sure.  But it's just not worth my time to take those extra steps.  & Yes I do sell quite a few of them- I think because of the nature of them being gachas folks that are looking for something already know what it looks like (but again this is just my experience reselling gachas)

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Thanks 1

I get this sometimes too, One time I really wanted something, but couldn't see it. I IMd the seller, and they said they had a picture up, but would look into it. I've noticed it's always across the board with certain sellers.. same as in the pic you took, they all are blank for the same one, while others show. I'm going to wager a guess that the MP doesn't like a certain format, like jpeg vs png. Perhaps they are using a different format than those two most common ones.

I see the same missing images in the Lowell Creations store shown in your image.
This problem is caused by having an adblocker active in your web browser.
Most adblockers will remove images that have "ad" in the image name.
This seller does indeed have the word "ad" in all those missing product images, for example: https://slm-assets2.secondlife.com/assets/8433286/view_small/Mushroom2-AD.jpg?1379628869

To work around the problem , disable your adblocker for marketplace.secondlife.com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

• 2 months later...

I've discovered the issue with this while updating images on one of my products.

The issue is if you use the same *filename* that you have previously used: the image will upload and be broken. No matter what I did, resizing, trying different formats, all kinds of stuff, it just would not work. So I left it, figuring it's a Market Place glitch and it will fix itself. But it didn't.

So I renamed the files (they were updates to the same cover pictures) and low and behold: They uploaded and displayed perfectly.

I'm not saying this is the issue with many of Catwa and other merchants listings, but I'm willing to bet a dime to a dollar...  LOL

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.