4 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I would have loved those. Tell me he can ship to the UK.😁

I wish.

The store is long gone and I've no idea where he got his candy. Though the chocolate covered sour cherries were my favorite, they were not the most popular candy in his bins. That honor went to Candy Raisins, a regional favorite. They look and taste nothing like raisins, but we loved 'em anyway. A dozen years ago, they vanished from the shelves. It took nearly a decade to reverse engineer the treat and bring it back...

https://www.candyindustry.com/articles/87631-candy-raisins-redux-lake-country-candies-brings-back-milwaukee-favorite

I do have a recommendation for you, Matty. Purchase a bag of your favorite chocolate chips, milk, semi-sweet, dark, etc. Keep them in a bowl somewhere not-too-handy and whenever you're eating something you think might go well, grab a few and pop them into your mouth as well. You'll quickly know if the combo works, and what proportions are best. You can then (if the other thing is solid) mix them together in a bowl and set them out in a handy location.

It's not quite as elegant as purpose made candy, but you can eat yourself sick for a lot less money.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It's not quite as elegant as purpose made candy, but you can eat yourself sick for a lot less money.

I got a wet mixer for Indian cooking, found out it can be used as a melangere to make chocolate. Talk about a “purpose”!