Video editing software - who's using what?

Jackson Redstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am currently using Premiere Pro - but am growing weary of the fact that I have to "rent" Adobe software for as long as I use it. I recently downloaded Davinci Resolve (free version) to look at video editing on that. Does anybody else use Resolve or what other type of editing software do people use other than Abobe products? and I am on a PC platform not Apple

Final Cut Pro X. Once you've used it (and gotten used to it) you'll never go back.

I've used Premier, Vegas, Avid, and countless others. They all look and work basically the same way. But when Final Cut Pro X came out it was an instant game-changer starting with Magnetic Editing. It was developed by the original creator of Adobe Premier and he stated that it was a chance to "start over" and how he imagined premier. At first there were some real growing pains (missing features, like multi-angle editing, etc.) But it's now fully matured and with Motion and Compressor adding it rivals Avid Composer Ultimate.

Edited by Alyona Su

22 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

I am currently using Premiere Pro - but am growing weary of the fact that I have to "rent" Adobe software for as long as I use it. I recently downloaded Davinci Resolve (free version) to look at video editing on that. Does anybody else use Resolve or what other type of editing software do people use other than Abobe products? and I am on a PC platform not Apple

A friend of mine was using Resolve to produce some pretty good videos earlier this year. IM me inworld please if you would like to know more.

Emma :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.