Linden Homes

Destynee Capelo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since it is a gamble in the looking for a new linden home.  I really think there should be the option to to retake your linden home if you left it.  Cause you cant move with out releasing the other and having the option to retake your home would be nice.  I gave up my linden home in hopes the new homes was available .. but sad to say i am another one of the homeless ... be back in 24 to try again. Is there a better way to do this. Like in RL you sell a home but normally you have a chance to look for a new one before you do.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Destynee Capelo said:

Since it is a gamble in the looking for a new linden home.

so you knew :)

6 minutes ago, Destynee Capelo said:

Is there a better way to do this.

yes, and no .. it's always hard, but you have a tiny tiny slightly better chance on the moments there is a release of a new region, 3 times a week if i'm not mistaken ( the frequency is to find in the dedicated forum section for the new linden homes)

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, Destynee Capelo said:

Since it is a gamble in the looking for a new linden home.  I really think there should be the option to to retake your linden home if you left it.  Cause you cant move with out releasing the other and having the option to retake your home would be nice.  I gave up my linden home in hopes the new homes was available .. but sad to say i am another one of the homeless ... be back in 24 to try again. Is there a better way to do this. Like in RL you sell a home but normally you have a chance to look for a new one before you do.

How do you even release the current home? 

13 minutes ago, Eliahnah said:

How do you even release the current home? 

When you're in-world, go to your existing home then open the menu at the top of your screen: World > About Land > General > Abandon Land (button will be highlighted in the bottom right of the box). But make sure you take all your furniture etc. back into your inventory before you do this!

On 8/23/2019 at 11:43 PM, Destynee Capelo said:

So what happens to the person who claims the home you just left? They get kicked out because you changed your mind? It doesn't work like that in real life either. Even if this was an option, what would be a suitable time frame to ensure you could take your home back? 24 hours? 48? A week? A month? That's a lot of houses sitting empty in the interim, and people are generally frustrated with all the empty homes and waiting as it is now. On top of that there might be more frustration with less abandoned homes available for those who miss out on current region releases.

No one ever has to be homeless in SL, and it surprises me that people still use this as an excuse. Everyone has the option of renting elsewhere on the mainland or a private estate while they wait, but for the majority it comes down to wanting to. People don't want to pay rent; they want what they want when they want it. They want to "have their cake and eat it too"; even in real life it doesn't usually work that way. No, it doesn't seem fair to pay rent if you don't have to, but it still is a viable option. You can always take an older home and wait for there to be more new homes to be released so you're sure to get one, but that means not living in the brand new shiny continent and having only half the prim allowance despite paying the same price for premium membership as everyone else. No, it's not ideal, but it's still a roof over your head; and there are other people waiting for a new Linden home who are presently doing this. But since we're only allowed one premium house per premium membership there is no option to move from Linden house to Linden house without first letting go of one of them.

Is there a better way? There probably is, but it doesn't matter if there's only one way allowed and that's the way you already mentioned and don't like. Considering it's been several months now I can't see this system changing any time soon either. 🤔

• Like 4

ok am i reading this wrong,,,, gave up linden home if  it is first generation there are pleanty and if you click the same model they ususally put you in the same home sometimes you may get moved to a different part ie boxelder to oystercatcher.....if you gave up the new ,,,, there are so many posts and threads about the homes how to get one . An option to reclaim you abandoned home  ,,,, well i understand your perception and view  but you take the good with the bad ,,,,, like buying a home in real life no home or developement or neighborhoods are perfect. the other choice you may consider is to buy land ,place the home of your dreams and enjoy second life. In older generation homes i moved around quite a bit  to try the other styles  and that is something else you may want to try , You would be surprised how creative one can be in a first generation and back in the day the primage amount given to us was very low ,,,, and many still had beautiful linden homes , Any way best of luck and hugs and blessings and may your journey alway be warm  joyfilled with love ,,,, hugs

• Like 3

On 8/23/2019 at 6:43 AM, Destynee Capelo said:

Is there a better way to do this.

You can STAY in your existing home, make a new premium alt and let THEM "fish" for a 2019 Linden Home. Plenty of people have done that.  

No other way except to wait a couple more months when houses are more readily available. After the trailers come out there should be fewer folks looking -- and even now we are seeing many more houses available than last month. So TIME is also a key. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

After the trailers come out there should be fewer folks looking

I suspect a lot of abandonments, also. There will be a lot of people who will bail on their existing homes (and even houseboats) to grab a trailer. There also will be another batch homes homes and houseboats released along side with the trailers as I understand it.

• Like 1

To reply to everyone,

Thanks to the helpful.  As for my situation, I was linden homeless, I have rented land. I will get a linden home just to hop to when my sim is restarting. So for me the issue resolved.After going through the experience since I had forgot how it was, it was like wow it hadn't changed.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, RaeLeeH said:

No one ever has to be homeless in SL, and it surprises me that people still use this as an excuse. Everyone has the option of renting elsewhere on the mainland or a private estate while they wait, but for the majority it comes down to wanting to. People don't want to pay rent; they want what they want when they want it. They want to "have their cake and eat it too"; even in real life it doesn't usually work that way. No, it doesn't seem fair to pay rent if you don't have to, but it still is a viable option. You can always take an older home and wait for there to be more new homes to be released so you're sure to get one, but that means not living in the brand new shiny continent and having only half the prim allowance despite paying the same price for premium membership as everyone else. No, it's not ideal, but it's still a roof over your head; and there are other people waiting for a new Linden home who are presently doing this. But since we're only allowed one premium house per premium membership there is no option to move from Linden house to Linden house without first letting go of one of them.

Now in response to this.  I was not using it as an "EXCUSE".  I have land that I rent/own.  I also have a linden home as I am premium player and it is one of the privileges granted to us. So free no, I pay for it.   So I have my cake and I am eating it too.  I was focusing on the way things are done to get the homes, that that has not changed.  And I get it the system works for them so why change.  But with all the updates you would think the system would be better by now.  I do want to thank you for your concern of my linden homeless situation.  Your crass comments have been heard. 

My suggestion is when you are hopping homes looking for a new one for whatever reason you may have, that after you have viewed four homes, it would be great the system would put you back into the one you left as the last option.  You can keep that or you can release it .. your choice.   that was the point i was trying to make.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.