Script -Color light when I write text ?

ARK0TH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

~ Hi, I'm a newbie in this "scripts" things. 
I would like to know if a script can be made for a small object (a small lamp)
that is turned on using a clear blue light 
only when I am writing a message to the "general chat" and then after stopping writing the light goes out.
If you can do the script or help me do it, I thank you, greetings and thanks for responding.

pd; Im from Argentina. 
Si me lo explica alguien en español mucho mejor
jeje .. Gracias !! :D

// Ark0th //

This forum is for scripters that help each other when running into problems while scripting. If you are looking for a specific script, you can ask in the "wanted" forum. If you want to pay someone to write such a script for you, you can ask in the "Inworld Employment" forum.

This is actually a very nice first project for starting scripting. If you want to use your idea to start scripting in LSL, I will give you a few hints. (1) in case that you have never learned a programming language before, read some (very) general introductions into programming, especially procedural languages. (2) look for one of the available tutorial on LSL, that resonates with you and learn the very basics.

(3) Get the logics of your script right: I need a script (in an object worn by an avatar) that (a) tests if the avatar is typing and (b) then sends a message to the object which is a lantern when the avatar starts typing and sends another update when the avatar is not typing animore. You need a second script in the lantern that (c) receives the message and then (d) switches the lantern on/off accordingly.

For the very first step on how to test if the avatar is typing, you can refer to the answer of Rollig in another forum thread: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/383261-typing-animation-script/ . Only instead of playing an animation, you would then send the message to the other object. EDITED: And in order to understand and learn what all the events, functions and variables are actually doing, read the relevant information of the lsl wiki attentively.

(If you want this in Spanish, use Deepl.com (my recommendation for best AI translation) or translate.google.com.

Good luck.

Edited by Estelle Pienaar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.