Viewer for Andriod

xartmata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings. I am looking for a good viewer for Andriod. I am on my tablet because I have no computer and I need to get back on SL to help some family members(good friends) out. I have looked around and noticed that the SL Moblie cost some lindens and I know I don't have any at all. I have tried Little Sight and it gives me a blank screen. Can anyone help me find a good viewer for tablet?

47 minutes ago, xartmata said:

Greetings. I am looking for a good viewer for Andriod. I am on my tablet because I have no computer and I need to get back on SL to help some family members(good friends) out. I have looked around and noticed that the SL Moblie cost some lindens and I know I don't have any at all. I have tried Little Sight and it gives me a blank screen. Can anyone help me find a good viewer for tablet?

You can still get Lumiya from SlideMe though there are a couple of quirks with it. It does allow chat and groups as well some graphics without animations. Once inworld you can join the Lumiya support group for more help.

8 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You can still get Lumiya from SlideMe though there are a couple of quirks with it. It does allow chat and groups as well some graphics without animations. Once inworld you can join the Lumiya support group for more help.

There really isn't anything the group can do.  THere appears to be some things that can be done with the help of a computer to get things going on a phone/tablet and likely someone online in group chat when you are could help you with it-

Lumiya can no longer communicate with second life inventory servers. New copies of the app or old copies that have had the cache cleared appear to be broken to the user.  They are unable to change clothes or view animations simply because the viewer cannot retrieve that information from linden labs. 

The creator of the app has not been on SL since March of 2018 2019.  No one seems to know what has happened to her if she is all right in the real world or if she'll ever be back to fix it.  Since it's not open source coding there's nothing to be done about it.  There is speculation in the group that maybe someone will create a new app but that just remains to be seen...

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
I made booboos in information passing- corrected.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

There really isn't anything the group can do.  Lumiya can no longer communicate with second life inventory servers. New copies of the app or old copies that have had the cache cleared appear to be broken to the user.  They are unable to change clothes or view animations simply because the viewer cannot retrieve that information from linden labs.  The creator of the app has not been on SL since March of 2018.  

The SlideMe version is 3.4.1 so in the group it is possible to get linked to the updated 3.4.2 version that used to be available on Google Play, as well as tips and tricks for using the features that are still working. I am assuming the OP has never used it before so may need some help in that area.

Lumiya still does communicate with the S/L servers except for a couple of Inventory types that were recently updated to HTTP (gestures, animations) The clothing issue seems to be more of a problem with the Wear command then a broken connection in that when I change clothes in a regular viewer, the change will be reflected when I relog onto the Lumiya viewer. This includes clothes I just bought in the past couple of weeks that would not have been in the Lumiya cache. Everything else seems to work just like it used to so the only real prob is that one will be standing and walking a bit noobishly but if one only access is through an android device, the app is still well worth getting until it is either updated or a new one developed.

ps. Alina's last login was march 18 2019, so 5 months ago, leading me to retain some hope she will be back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The SlideMe version is 3.4.1 so in the group it is possible to get linked to the updated 3.4.2 version that used to be available on Google Play, as well as tips and tricks for using the features that are still working. I am assuming the OP has never used it before so may need some help in that area.

Lumiya still does communicate with the S/L servers except for a couple of Inventory types that were recently updated to HTTP (gestures, animations) The clothing issue seems to be more of a problem with the Wear command then a broken connection in that when I change clothes in a regular viewer, the change will be reflected when I relog onto the Lumiya viewer. This includes clothes I just bought in the past couple of weeks that would not have been in the Lumiya cache. Everything else seems to work just like it used to so the only real prob is that one will be standing and walking a bit noobishly but if one only access is through an android device, the app is still well worth getting until it is either updated or a new one developed.

ps. Alina's last login was march 18 2019, so 5 months ago, leading me to retain some hope she will be back.

On the PS_ I had said 2019 today in chat- and someone corrected me to 18, and I just went with it- but yea, you are right (and i had been previously)- but still, either way, its a super long absence but maybe she'll still return. My fave hair designer was gone since November and returned in late July- so there's that to have hope for that she's alright.

The first part of your response just whooshes over my head, so I'll amend my answer in a moment- But yea, if you change clothes on a computer, then go to the lumiya, you should be alright- but folks with access only to a tablet or phone, they likely are unable to have a change of clothes (I know my manfriend has that issue with his tablet).  His animations are a lost cause tho on the tablet.  He crashes when he tries to use the 3d view- I don't know if thats his tablet or the viewer so I dont ever bring that up-

Let me go remove "the group cant help" bit- 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.